HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community/Developer Q/A: Ask Your Questions!

Game Community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#21 BLTasty

BLTasty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmall Town next to a REALLY big city

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:12 PM

In regards to the hawken backstory, What are some of the ideas and plans ya'll are thinking about to present the "world" of hawken to the players beyond the combat_ The garage seems to me to be a very effective tool at showing the players the "scale" of their function. But the world in general appears to be very large and dystopian in theme.

#22 OKOKOK

OKOKOK

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:12 PM

How does one convert damage to fuel _

#23 Worship

Worship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:24 PM

How are you planning on enhancing and improving the sound effects_

#24 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:26 PM

when will open beta end and the game officially release_

#25 Mergaz

Mergaz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:29 PM

Why turret of Brawler is the only that regenerates HP_ Is it not better that all turret modes provide improvements in the gun and also HP regeneration_

#26 Py687

Py687

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationParadise City

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:31 PM

What are your plans for adding other game modes into multiplayer (e.g. CTF)_ Will we see a take on LoL's 3-lane-style of territories_

And will there be a chance of recruiting AI teammates of various strengths_

Posted Image

#27 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:32 PM

Are you ever going to change the technicians mechanics (so it won't be able to bring sustained healing to the battlefield anymore), and the low-skill nature of its sticky beam_

#28 Torchcamp

Torchcamp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:42 PM

Will you implement options for changing different aspects of the HUD_ Like maybe moving things around a bit in the cockpit, changing color-themes, maybe a few different options for changing the visualization of crosshair/color as well_ I know a lot of people are interested in this and it shouldn't be too much trouble implementing.

#29 ChronoMarine

ChronoMarine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:43 PM

First off, gotta say. When I first played this game, it was awful. But Since the big 1.8kmb update. ITS FREAKIN AWESOME! GO TEAM HAWKEN! And it's not pay to play at all. Just gotta pay for some of the cool customization stuff (aesthetics, not play related just eye candy stuff), most all FTP are PTW. Not this game. Thats why im actually going to spend money on it for once, because they're not greedy like 99.8% of all FTP games. Well that aside, how do I change my in game/forum profile picture_ I tried going to my profile but no option to.

#30 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostChronoMarine, on September 26 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

First off, gotta say. When I first played this game, it was awful. But Since the big 1.8kmb update. ITS FREAKIN AWESOME! GO TEAM HAWKEN! And it's not pay to play at all. Just gotta pay for some of the cool customization stuff (aesthetics, not play related just eye candy stuff), most all FTP are PTW. Not this game. Thats why im actually going to spend money on it for once, because they're not greedy like 99.8% of all FTP games. Well that aside, how do I change my in game/forum profile picture_ I tried going to my profile but no option to.

For the forum avatar, open your profile, click on the current avatar (when you hover your mouse over it, it says "change").

You cannot change your ingame avatar.

#31 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:54 PM

How do you plan to encourage players to keep flooding into the game to make the vertical power gain system not fail over the long term. That is.. how do you plan on not having 90% of your population be max pilot level and the other 10% have little to no-one to play with. This is a serious concern I have currently with the game design.

#32 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:07 PM

whens the real update_ i dont count remaking the vanguard a new mech, i dont want to see a c class sharpshooter or a b class grenade shooter, etc (if you really want to do that then just make a,b,c for each of the guns, and do it all in one update so it doesnt feel like i just waited 4months for the same thing (i know you guys have millions of mech designs so it shouldnt be too hard) )

lots of good things were done in this update (display screens, party system, customization, new map, c classes can now boost in turret mde and many more things) , i just feel like if you introduced a new mech with like a flamethrower or a new support healer with a different mechanic then a tec, anything then the update would have been 10x better then it is now. weve been waiting a long time for this update, all we really got new in game play is a cool map, you couldnt give us two maps_ its been a long time!!!!

1 v 1 / 2 v 2/ 3 v 3- needs match making if your not going to let us do private matches- implement this now

CB out- lots of love and i got faith in you guys, hopefully you can figure out whats going on with my credit and my elite parts soon too,

#33 Slimjim367

Slimjim367

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:07 PM

When will pilots be able to move their HUD indicators around their cockpit and customize it with colour or decorations_

(Will I be able to ever change it back the way it was pre-ascension_)

#34 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:08 PM

What are your plans for supporting competitive play_

To clarify, actual concrete information. Not the vague sort of "we will/might plan on supporting it in the future at some point" answers that have been given so far. Be detailed, not vague.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#35 Centipede

Centipede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, Tx

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:12 PM

Are there any plans to add a new game mode or a competitive ladder before the game comes out of open beta_

#36 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:36 PM

Roughly how long until private servers are implemented or made available, if ever_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#37 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:57 PM

I love the new elite skins, nemesis skins and new cammo's. So I was wondering if you had any plans to increase the list of elite skins and other custom paint  jobs so people can choose which skin they want, for each mech. People like having unique looking mechs.

Edited by SandSpider, September 27 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#38 ChronoMarine

ChronoMarine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 02:01 PM

hendman, on September 26 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Posted ImageChronoMarine, on , said:

For the forum avatar, open your profile, click on the current avatar (when you hover your mouse over it, it says "change").

Didnt work.

#39 ChronoMarine

ChronoMarine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 02:03 PM

hendman, on September 26 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Posted ImageChronoMarine, on , said:

correction it worked! thanks.

#40 Ninnamin

Ninnamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSome place in the northern US

Posted September 26 2013 - 02:33 PM

I know that this technically counts as two, but answering just the first one does not feel like it would address my concern. If the answer is 'no', you don't even need to address the second one.

With the ability to decrease the overheat ooldown time in the 'Tunings' options, are there presently 'mechs that can put enough points towards it to the effect that it is no longer faster than simply holding your fire until the heat level decreases_ I believe that I have had experiences to this effect. If so, what is the point in having a penalty 'overheat' mechanic when it's slower to wait for your gun to cool down without overheating it_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users