HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Patch Notes: Wreckage

Update

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#161 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 02 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postzorin1, on December 02 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on December 02 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

We actually fixed over 100 bugs since the last update we rolled out.

It would be nice if you could give us a list of the 100 bugs that were fixed.  I don't think the community really cares for a detail list of things that were fixed.

Haha, I think that is asking a bit much.

#162 apollo96

apollo96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:05 PM

so far I dont like this pacht who cares aboout the brawler increase boost speed!! i Use the RAIDER WHY___ would they neft the MIRVs again do i need to remined that they nerfed it before the reduced approximatly 12.5 damage a couple of months ago now again for a total of 15 damge reduction! in sorry but so far im not liking this new Pacth!

#163 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 02 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

It would be nice if you could give us a list of the 100 bugs that were fixed.  I don't think the community really cares for a detail list of things that were fixed.

Haha, I think that is asking a bit much.

Even a summary of specific bug fixes they made would help the transparency and build trust between dev and community, I would think it would be worth the time and effort.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#164 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:18 PM

It would be nice if you could give us a list of the 100 bugs that were fixed.  

As tempting as it would be to have a complete list of all the bugs that were fixed, it would take quite a while to compile such a list. Not to mention several passes to make sure its accurate. I imagine they use some sort of bug tracking program, like Bugzilla, Mantis or Redmine. But having to pull each one of the bugs reports from this list, shrinking or expanding the explanation of the bug report into something that is meaningful, and then posting it all here while ensuring accuracy...yeah, I think I'd rather they use that time to be tracking down and fixing bugs rather than writing them all up for us. :)

Posted Image

#165 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on December 02 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on December 02 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Has the Breacher bug that causes its rail shot to occasionally do 200+ damage been fixed_
Doubt it but I wouldn't consider it a priority. The predator doesn't have a whole lot going for it damage wise so an extra 100 damage here and there won't hurt too much until the next patch.
It's not so much the fact that it generally doesn't affect gameplay much; it's more because it's a bug that causes a weapon to do up to 500 damage (the most I've been hit for is 300, but I've heard people say that 500 is possible) when it should only do 100. It's extremely frustrating to be repairing in a shield and then instantly die with 250 armor because the rail shot happened to do 3x its correct damage.

#166 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:28 PM

Since we're all excited about the patch coming tomorrow I would like to remind everyone that there is very nearly always some last minute issue that pops up and pushes the patch back a few days. Keeping that in mind, lets all be incredibly grateful if the patch does indeed happen tomorrow. If it does not, then that it is to be expected.

Edited by Silk_Sk, December 02 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

#167 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:32 PM

when patch notes come:

1st hour: yay new patch cant wait!
2nd hour: eh i kinda hoped more
3rd&4th hour: ugh, whats the deal_!_! no bug fixes_
5th hour: -_-
next month: mini nuke

Edited by ropefish, December 02 2013 - 03:34 PM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#168 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:33 PM

Ropefish I feel we are getting close to a nuke type weapon ;) don't you feel it too_
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#169 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostDreamedArtist, on December 02 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Ropefish I feel we are getting close to a nuke type weapon ;) don't you feel it too_
ever second of every day :3
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#170 BadSmurf

BadSmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSmurfs Village tending my Glass House & Smoking My own & drinking a bottle of JD's

Posted December 02 2013 - 05:10 PM

Developer's Note: Dear Op Raiders We felt that Your Corsair was a bit too strong when used in its MIRV firing mode. It's damage was well over every other secondary in the game and this change brings the MIRV projectile damage down to a more consistent level.
  • SA Hawkins = About time was a fuzzy bunny Weapon
    • Increased damage per shot from 26 to 29.
Developer's Note: The SA Hawkins is an extremely under-utilized weapon and we want to make it a more attractive choice for players to use. This change especially helps the Brawler, giving it a useful ranged "tank" option for dealing damage to enemies and also gives Sharpshooter players a better sustained damage alternative for those who like to fight a more mid to close range battle.

Abilities
  • Fortified Turret (Brawler) Yeah Baby BAMBAM makes a return from the dust hes gathered in my Garage
    • Increased base movement speed from 6 m/s to 8 m/s.
    • Increased boost speed from 13.5 m/s to 15 m/s.
    • Regen rate while taking damage increased from 10 armor per second to 13 armor per second.
    • Regen rate while not taking damage increased from 20 armor per second to 23 armor per second.
Developer's Note: The Brawler has been a long time favorite of players and after Ascension some of the changes did not bode well for him. To start off some reworks, this patch will see the Brawler get an over-all buff to his Fortified Turret ability, increasing his strength when holding positions and chasing down wounded enemies. This is first step in the process of improving the Brawler's effectiveness, and more adjustments are planned for the future.

Hmm well at least the OP Raiders getting a well deserved Nerf & the Brawler finally a reprieve of some description, but I still see "NO CLAN SUPPORT" of any type gaaaaaaa....... or being able to join on friends is still bugged not getting fixed. Might be able to "Crawl back in to "BAMBAM" Brawler once again if its viable we will see I suppose...... ;)

Edited by BadSmurf, December 02 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Posted Image

#171 Highchu

Highchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 02 2013 - 11:53 PM

As much as I like new content, I'd much rather have a patch focused solely on fixing all the bugs and improving game balance. The issues with connectivity have been debilitating and I sincerely hope it actually improves post-patch. Right now being accepted into a game feels like winning the lottery.

#172 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted December 03 2013 - 12:21 AM

MIRV nerf.

My goodness me.

Have these guys played a Raider lately _ You RARELY output its max damage as you need to be literally hugging the enemy to do so for all pellets to connect. It's not easy to get that close unnoticed and once discovered, no one willingly lets you get close, only the ones with Failsafe.

To get it "close to other secondaries" _ Does MIRV have splash ___ Does MIRV have any usable range beyond hugging distance _ Yes you can tickle with it at mid range, that's about it.

I wonder where these ideas came from because they surely did not come from those who actually play Raider.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#173 Highchu

Highchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 03 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postdavek1979, on December 03 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

MIRV nerf.

My goodness me.

Have these guys played a Raider lately _ You RARELY output its max damage as you need to be literally hugging the enemy to do so for all pellets to connect. It's not easy to get that close unnoticed and once discovered, no one willingly lets you get close, only the ones with Failsafe.

To get it "close to other secondaries" _ Does MIRV have splash ___ Does MIRV have any usable range beyond hugging distance _ Yes you can tickle with it at mid range, that's about it.

I wonder where these ideas came from because they surely did not come from those who actually play Raider.

The Corsair is already 1 of 2 only dual mode weapons in the game. Sure, MIRV doesn't have splash, but it has the Corsair GL which hits for more than or equal to a TOW/Grenade Launcher. It has more versatility and higher burst output than any other secondary weapon available, not to mention being the only one designed for CQC. A 10% nerf is light compared to other fixes that have been made. Its not exactly the balancing I was hoping for, but Raiders have been overdue for some changes.

#174 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 12:59 AM

*eats popcorn watching ppl freak out on how there is no balance, bug, etc. fix's*

#175 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted December 03 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostHighchu, on December 03 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

MIRV nerf.

My goodness me.

The Corsair is already 1 of 2 only dual mode weapons in the game. Sure, MIRV doesn't have splash, but it has the Corsair GL which hits for more than or equal to a TOW/Grenade Launcher. It has more versatility and higher burst output than any other secondary weapon available, not to mention being the only one designed for CQC. A 10% nerf is light compared to other fixes that have been made. Its not exactly the balancing I was hoping for, but Raiders have been overdue for some changes.
I find it irrelevant that Corsair is a dual mode secondary. Once you change the mode, it's a completely different weapon. So talking about MIRV on its own seems very much justified to me. Bringing it in line damage-wise with other secondaries is a logical fallacy when other secondaries' application is much different and possibly easier to achieve. Also slug has a curve to it and requires a good amount of skill to land the same shots that you would do with a TOW and some shots are completely impossible with it. These weapons are not even comparable when it comes to usage and stats mean nothing without considering application.

Raider is overdue for a fix _ That's very new to me. As I said elsewhere, people tend to forget it's a CQC mech and its strengths are burst and stealth. A boosting Raider is a dead Raider. Raiders need that huge burst to overcome their utter uselessness at long distances (with EOC being the weirdo weapon on a CQC mech :blink: , whoever came up with that idea should feel bad). It takes some skill to get somewhere unnoticed, deal your share of damage possibly facing a group of enemies at the same time and get out alive. Much more than just potshotting the deathball from afar. I never use Failsafe and many of my enemies do. Guess who needs that upper hand when it comes to burst in CQC.

Raider is not OP. It has a serious weakness with its limited range and needs to compensate for it with a lot of burst in short, dynamic CQC engagements.

Guess some people can't take that beating and cry foul play without considering the facts.

Edited by davek1979, December 03 2013 - 02:31 AM.

"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#176 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 03 2013 - 05:10 AM

apollo96, on December 02 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

so far I dont like this pacht who cares aboout the brawler increase boost speed
I do
Playing it while it is fun...

#177 StruttingStray

StruttingStray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 03 2013 - 07:43 AM

View Postdavek1979, on December 03 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Raider is not OP. It has a serious weakness with its limited range and needs to compensate for it with a lot of burst in short, dynamic CQC engagements.

Raider is OP... in lower level servers. Without any internals equipped, and just a basic emp, it's starting power level was far above all other starting mechs in my opinion. Hell, I pulled off a triple kill the first time I took it out for a spin.

That being said, with the MIRV damage being lowered so close to it's grenade mode damage, I think a slight reload speed buff would have been acceptable.

#178 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 03 2013 - 08:01 AM

Epic Sauce

INB4 BRAWLER TIME ;D ;D ;D

Posted Image
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#179 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted December 03 2013 - 08:05 AM

I wonder where these ideas came from

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on November 29 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

We felt that the Corsair was a bit too strong when used in its MIRV firing mode. It's damage was well over every other secondary in the game and this change brings the MIRV projectile damage down to a more consistent level

Posted Image

#180 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted December 03 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostStruttingStray, on December 03 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

View Postdavek1979, on December 03 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Raider is OP... in lower level servers. Without any internals equipped, and just a basic emp, it's starting power level was far above all other starting mechs in my opinion. Hell, I pulled off a triple kill the first time I took it out for a spin.

That being said, with the MIRV damage being lowered so close to it's grenade mode damage, I think a slight reload speed buff would have been acceptable.

However, in lower level servers, you tend to have players who stand still while shooting or barely move around. Dodging and quick 180s are rarely seen and they often lose track of you when you dodge into their blind spots. All this adds up for an easy target, and one which allows the Raider to do what it does best: excel at CQC.

But regardless of any reasons folks have given to leave the Raider as it is, the Raider is getting nerfed. I can only hope this nerf doesn't send the Raider into nigh-worthless territory. <_<

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users