HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Questions about the heat cannon on the infiltrator

Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:29 PM

Hello!

I just unlocked my infiltrator after maxing the zerk,  and I also picked up the heat cannon.  A few practice rounds in offline TDM has intrigued me, but I couldn't find the right groove with it in a live match.  I don't want to give up on it, but I also feel that I might have gone in the wrong direction.

My playstyle is sloppy, so I figured dual splash weapons would be more suitable for me, although I can never seem to get my brawler(my only other dual splash mech) to last long in any match - but that's for a different thread!

I welcome all pilots to replay with any advice, good or bad.

Crash and burn!

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#2 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted January 25 2014 - 03:00 AM

The first thing you want to do is nail your grenade launcher timings down. It has a large AOE and it's potential damage in peek-a-boo combat is high. The assault rifle is sustained so you can take your reticle off the target to shoot your GL and go right back to the AR, and is a much more simple way of fighting on the infil. With the heat cannon your aim has to be a bit better, in between GL shots relocate your reticle so that you can fire your heat cannon straight on or at their feet. The HCN does more dps if you spam it, no charges, but that doesn't really help if you can't hit your targets. So you need to charge the heat cannon until you have a good shot on your target. Anytime you can manage to hit your target with the HCN do so. What you don't want to do is spam it and miss all your shots, hold on so you can land your shots better.

You'll find the GL is much easier to hit when your above and below your target, the angle just works better. Straight on can be harder to hit with the GL because it's a bit slow compared to a TOW and it has an arc shot. I like to bounce it off the ground so it bounces into there face. Quite amusing.

Just make sure you keep your HCN charged when you're walking/running. One last thing, the element of surprise is very important on an infil and can do devastating damage in seconds. Use your cloak wisely.

That all said... This is subject to change come February.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 25 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostLoC_TR, on January 25 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

The first thing you want to do is nail your grenade launcher timings down. It has a large AOE and it's potential damage in peek-a-boo combat is high. The assault rifle is sustained so you can take your reticle off the target to shoot your GL and go right back to the AR, and is a much more simple way of fighting on the infil. With the heat cannon your aim has to be a bit better, in between GL shots relocate your reticle so that you can fire your heat cannon straight on or at their feet. The HCN does more dps if you spam it, no charges, but that doesn't really help if you can't hit your targets. So you need to charge the heat cannon until you have a good shot on your target. Anytime you can manage to hit your target with the HCN do so. What you don't want to do is spam it and miss all your shots, hold on so you can land your shots better.

You'll find the GL is much easier to hit when your above and below your target, the angle just works better. Straight on can be harder to hit with the GL because it's a bit slow compared to a TOW and it has an arc shot. I like to bounce it off the ground so it bounces into there face. Quite amusing.

Just make sure you keep your HCN charged when you're walking/running. One last thing, the element of surprise is very important on an infil and can do devastating damage in seconds. Use your cloak wisely.

That all said... This is subject to change come February.

Posted Image

#4 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted January 25 2014 - 04:29 PM

So.. in essence, maintaining a bead on the spot on the ground leading my target is the effective tactic with the HCN/GL loadout_  I'm already decent with the GL at mid-close ranges - I use it in the same situations as the TOW, but adjusted timing and position for the traversal differences of the GL's ordinance compared to the TOW. The only difference is the the fact that I point UP with the GL, not down.(TOWface evolves into GLtoe! :D there's a pun there....)

so.. keep my hud down.. is that it_

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#5 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted January 25 2014 - 06:16 PM

You learn to splash the ground to the side of the dodge, so he slides into it and your aim doesn't have to be as good.  Against airborne targets, sling the grenade to where he's at or will be if he has air-dynamics.  Get under/behind... if you MUST shoot him in the air, HCN is almost hitscan, so shoot when the reticle is on the body.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users