HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN on Steam: A New Battlefield Awaits!

News Update

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#401 WolfofBlueeye

WolfofBlueeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:33 AM

Waaaaa...Yesterday began the first time.... Give me the Code ..(T.T)

#402 Vinyl_Scratch

Vinyl_Scratch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 06:43 AM

So is there no way to play until we get our steam keys_ :(

#403 atikkur

atikkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 07:40 AM

Kordosa, on February 06 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I have used Steam since September 2008 when I purchased Audiosurf after seeing it featured in a column in PC Gamer. And the only concerns I had with the service had to do with the Steam client itself. As far as I know, the client needs to run before accessing any of your Steam-acquired games (I have my copy of Steam disabled from starting with Windows and if I launch one of my games, I have to sign in to Steam first). That itself wouldn't be an issue but if the Steam service becomes unavailable either due to maintenance or some other issue, you are barred from accessing your games until the service is restored. This is even for single player games acquired through Steam.

I assure you this is non issue now. Steam offline-mode has been more robust since 2012 (_).. it can detect automatically when you are off from internet and steam doesn't complain about that,, you can still login to steam and launch/play your game as long as the game itself doesn't need internet.

Kordosa, on February 06 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

TLDR:
So my concerns are about principle than anything tangible. I have always disliked being required to go through an intermediary or third-party in order to play a game for the simple fact that if something fails on the third-party's side, the actual people responsible for the game have no way to remedy it themselves. Steam may very well be a top-tier distribution platform; the number of Steam users seems to back that up. But unforeseen problems can and do occur which is why I am reluctant to trust Steam with yet another game title I enjoy.

This has been my concern too, but think it this way. Steam DRM is the least restricting of all DRMs that i knew, even physical CD has more restricting DRM in my opinion (securom, limiting install). Hoping no-DRM is unrealistic, and can be bad for industry. Steam's is balanced to consumer and developer. If they can manage themself this good, maybe they can last long forever (bwahahahaha). I dont want to predict, i just want everything go smooth, success to all.

TL;DR: you may be in disadvantage by not using steam, because it's improving and the most happening in PC gaming. Steam is not the ussual game launcher, it is becoming the one and the only games library management. Hawken is always-online game anyway,, steam is not your concern here.

#404 ED13

ED13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostVinyl_Scratch, on February 07 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

So is there no way to play until we get our steam keys_ :(
Yep that`s right :(.

#405 Zerathos

Zerathos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostKordosa, on February 06 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

As far as I know, the client needs to run before accessing any of your Steam-acquired games

Only for games with DRM or that depend on Steam in some way to function. There are plenty of DRM-free games on Steam that can be run without running Steam. It's a shame they don't promote which games are capable of this somehow though.

And as atikkur says, the offline mode has been greatly improved over the years and I've personally never had it not work for me, though it's still not perfect for everyone. Theoretically though it should be possible to go into offline mode whenever you want for however long you want (and Valve staff have confirmed this as well).

#406 atikkur

atikkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 12:12 PM

i got mail.... huwahahaha... hawken key.

start downloading...

#407 WickThePriest

WickThePriest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 01:09 PM

I got mine a day or two ago but I can't get the fkin program to launch.  It's active for like half a second then disappears.  And it's the icon for steam not hawken that shows up.

#408 KickDown

KickDown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 01:53 PM

Im sorry, but i do not want a steam account and i do not want the steam software. So i play other games, we see us...

#409 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted February 07 2014 - 01:58 PM

WOOO!!! I got my access key! Finally I can play!

What do you mean they are taking the servers down_

MUST... WAIT... PATIENTLY...
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#410 Karboxyd

Karboxyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 02:53 PM

View Postatikkur, on February 07 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Steam offline-mode has been more robust since 2012 (_)..
You *have* to have a Steam account though, even to play supposedly "DRM-free" games on Steam (I'm talking in general here, not specifically about Hawken).
That means people that want to have a choice (some of us are still resisting) are denied a number of games as they don't want to be locked in a system they haven't the slightest control over.
That thus implies Steam will not get that much more money (which, in my very own opinion, is a good thing), but also that the devs will not get any money either (which is actually kinda sad).

Hoping no-DRM is unrealistic
Sure.
To go deeper on the subject, are you implying that because its "unrealistic" (I'm not saying it is, but merely using the term for the sake of the argument), we should all give in and shut up about it _
If human beings worked that way, most of the world would probably be speaking german and wear fancy brown suits by now, or there would still be color segregation abound, or many other inequalities...

and can be bad for industry.
Perspectives.
*I* don't think helping a company to get even closer to monopoly is a good thing for consumers in the long run.

because it's improving and the most happening in PC gaming.
Perspectives again.

it is becoming the one and the only games library management.
And people are doomed if they are not spoon-fed in having their games managed, I suppose.
Yes I know, you lots have hundreds of games on your Steam accounts and wouldn't dare sift through it all...
Luckily for us GoG users, we have *magic* to handle that, else we wouldn't be able to cope with it !

Hawken is always-online game anyway,,
So every single online game *has* to be on Steam, just because it's online _
Cue to the "monopoly" part above.

steam is not your concern here.
Indeed.
The concern is not Steam, it's having Hawken *exclusively* on Steam.

#411 atikkur

atikkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 03:32 PM

WickThePriest, on February 07 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I got mine a day or two ago but I can't get the fkin program to launch.  It's active for like half a second then disappears.  And it's the icon for steam not hawken that shows up.

maybe you got bad game files while downloading... try to check "Verify integrity of game cache" in the game properties.

#412 NightCurse

NightCurse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hawken finally on Steam official! That was one of the things in my life i was waiting for! A dream comes true! *thumbs up*!

#413 atikkur

atikkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:10 PM

Karboxyd, on February 07 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Posted Imageatikkur, on , said:

Hoping no-DRM is unrealistic
Sure.
To go deeper on the subject, are you implying that because its "unrealistic" (I'm not saying it is, but merely using the term for the sake of the argument), we should all give in and shut up about it _
If human beings worked that way, most of the world would probably be speaking german and wear fancy brown suits by now, or there would still be color segregation abound, or many other inequalities...

Do you realised that every game has DRM right, even on physical_ yea, except some old games, or few new games. Having no-DRM is the ideal, but they (the bussinessman) wont see it as realistic condition, so i guess it only wasting our time to fighting it. But we still had to fight on how they implemented their DRM, the most convenient to us... and steam in my book, is the one. Not perfect, but at least it works. So we can start enjoying playing, rather than fighting the DRM.

#414 Luca_72

Luca_72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:14 PM

Please can increase HP 20 - 25 %

#415 bistrokalle

bistrokalle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:22 PM

this was a realy good game....!!!....was...!!!... but 10 month ago.

Edited by bistrokalle, February 07 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#416 ED13

ED13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:29 PM

View Postatikkur, on February 07 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

i got mail.... huwahahaha... hawken key.

start downloading...

Just got mine aswell :D.

#417 Korilla

Korilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:21 PM

Welcome back HAWKEN! Glad you guys decided to transition to Steam. Steam (Valve) is boss.

#418 Karboxyd

Karboxyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:24 PM

View Postatikkur, on February 07 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Do you realised that every game has DRM right, even on physical_ yea, except some old games, or few new games. Having no-DRM is the ideal, but they (the bussinessman) wont see it as realistic condition, so i guess it only wasting our time to fighting it. But we still had to fight on how they implemented their DRM, the most convenient to us... and steam in my book, is the one. Not perfect, but at least it works. So we can start enjoying playing, rather than fighting the DRM.
That's where we differ: I fight for what I think is right (DRM-free at least as an option: I want my freedom of choice), and against what is wrong (Steam's nigh-hegemony, but also UPlay and Origin to a lesser extent).
And I'm nowhere near giving up or in.

#419 SSG_Childs

SSG_Childs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 12:01 AM

I say Damn cant seem to find it yet on steam geart choice not!

#420 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostSSG_Childs, on February 09 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I say Damn cant seem to find it yet on steam geart choice not!

Maybe you can't find hawken on steam yet, because it is not available to the general public at the moment, but only to existing players who have received a steam key.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users