HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Logging in, syncing stats, syncing account, Im getting crazy

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 14 2014 - 03:38 PM

Fix your fuzzy bunny please, I've had just bout enough of this. Every time I want to play, I have to try 10 times before I finally get the fuzzy bunny in. Every time I play, I have to try 10 times to join server or even do offline TDM because fuzzy bunny endless syncing stats. Every fuzzy bunny time I have to wait and it never finishes. There is no connectivity problem on my side as other online games work perfectly fine. I'm fuzzy bunny mad now, because you release new mech and don't fuzzy bunny even let me try it. That's literally a sadism!!!
-_-

As a side note, I already reported this problem in news section in thread that was about connectivity issues and I was simply ignored. The problem is not away and I'm having it since day 2 of steam upgrade.

Edited by Zaxik, February 14 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#2 _ckc_

_ckc_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 04:21 PM

I have the same problem. Syncing Account takes endless. It goes like this: Login at Steam -> start Hawken -> enter Password -> some small popup-windows telling me who of my friends are online and then -> Syncing Account.

#3 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 14 2014 - 04:25 PM

Well interesting, after 1 hour of attempts, about 10-15 minutes after my post, the problem seems to be suddenly gone. Well, thanks I guess.
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#4 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:11 PM

I am having problems and am getting pretty frustrated ( -_-)...  I bought access to Hawken when it released on Steam.  I also gifted it to my boyfriend.  Everything works ok until I leave a match...then the endless "Syncing Account, Please Wait"...  I have to press Ctrl, Alt, Delete and open the Task Manager, right click Hawken, go to Process, then End Process and restart the client.  If I just go to End Task I cannot start up Hawken afterwards because it tells me that it is still running (so I was having to restart my pc to play again...luckilly I found out that ending the process lets me restart the client without this error...)......So...I can play ONE match before I have to do this... (T_T)  I'm not happy about this at all.  At first I just thought it had to do with me having just started an account; however, my boyfriend started his account the day I did and does not have this issue.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Hawken and I still have the infinite syncing after one match.  I let it sit for 30 mins and it never stops...  Please help.  I really like Hawken, but if this keeps up I will not be able to play with my boyfriend (It's just way too annoying).  I will have to stop playing Hawken if this isn't fixed.  I am very patient, but I really don't want to have to force close Hawken after every match and then relog and reform party...  Could a Dev please respond with some help_  Also when I try to join a match on my own (outside a party where someone else is taking us in) I just get the "Queued" message and never get in... And when I press Exit to exit the game, my screen freezes.  I cannot do anything but press Ctrl, Alt, Delete and end it the way I always have to.  Please help me.  Thanks, ~Set

Edited by Setsuka, February 17 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#5 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 18 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostSetsuka, on February 17 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

<snip>

Ok, time for the usual questions:

Have you already tried the solutions listed over here_

Have you tried changing your port forwarding and proxy settings_

If nothing helps I'd recommend to open a support ticket over here. Please describe the steps of your login process as detailed as possible to them.

#6 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yes I tried all of the solutions listed above (I had already found that post yesterday) except for port forwarding.  I submitted a support ticket right after I posted here yesterday.  I have never had to use port forwarding for any game.  It makes me a little nervous that I might fuzzy bunny something up to be honest...  However, I guess I'll have to try it if I can remember how to access my Comcast router... But thanks for the suggestions.
btw: I love your avatar and signature ReEvolve XD Kawaii!! ^_^
~Set

Edited by Setsuka, February 18 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#7 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostSetsuka, on February 18 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny
lmao, I said "mess something up" and it changed it to fuzzy bunny :huh: _

#8 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 18 2014 - 04:07 PM

Update: I forwarded the listed ports 7777, 7787, 7797 on my Comcast router.  First I had Type set to UDP like the post says.  Since that didn't work I changed all three to Type: TCP/UDP to make sure that wasn't the issue.  I have tried everything now and I still have the same problems.  I cannot join a match on my own (I can be brought in by someone else if I'm in a party).  After a match I receive the "Syncing Account, Please Wait" message despite the fact that it shows my party members that I got into the next match.  The "Syncing Account" message does not go away no matter how long I wait.  Please help me fix this. :(  Thanks again. ~Set

#9 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 18 2014 - 04:20 PM

UPDATE: YAY!!!!!!!! I changed the port forwarding to the full range of ports: 7777-7797 and it fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Thanks so much for your help ReEvolve! I never would have considered port forwarding since it makes your pc vulnerable to hackers... But I am very relieved that I can now play Hawken without all those problems.  I can queue into matches myself now and do not receive syncing issues.  I can even exit the game without it freezing. XD  Yay yay yay yay yay! lol :)

#10 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 18 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostSetsuka, on February 18 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

UPDATE: YAY!!!!!!!! I changed the port forwarding to the full range of ports: 7777-7797 and it fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Thanks so much for your help ReEvolve! I never would have considered port forwarding since it makes your pc vulnerable to hackers... But I am very relieved that I can now play Hawken without all those problems.  I can queue into matches myself now and do not receive syncing issues.  I can even exit the game without it freezing. XD  Yay yay yay yay yay! lol :)

Glad to hear that. :)

View PostSetsuka, on February 18 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

btw: I love your avatar and signature ReEvolve XD Kawaii!! ^_^
~Set

He looks adorable but he's a wild fighter!
Spoiler

#11 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 20 2014 - 11:03 PM

I celebrated too soon...(T_T)  I am having the same issues even with the port forwarding...fml... The only improvement is that I can join a match on my own now.  I still get the infinite syncing after one match and have to Ctrl, Alt, Dlt, Go to Process, End Process, restart Hawken, login, rejoin party, join match, and repeat over again....  Why am I having these issues_  My boyfriend and 2 other friends we play with aren't having these issues...  Please Help.  I really want to play Hawken.  I don't think it is related to my internet or pc.  Maybe it has to do with my Norton 360 Premier Edition Antivirus__  Or my firewall_  I have my router's firewall set to Typical Security (Medium): Blocks P2P applications and pings to the Gateway, but allows all other traffic.  I don't want to have to set it to Minimum (no application or traffic blocked) to avoid any possible security issues. My internet connection is good.  I have Comcast 50mbps down and 11mbps up (atm I actually have 57.68 down and 11.65 up) and an awesome Alienware Aurora ALX R4 with Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @3.20GHz, RAM: 32 GB Quad Channel DDR3 @1600MHZ, 256 GB SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dual 2GB NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 graphic cards, etc.  I still have not received a response to the support ticket I submitted.  Please help me.  Thanks again... :(

Edited by Setsuka, February 20 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#12 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 21 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ok, this is kind of a no-brainer but you changed the privileges of Hawken in your anit-virus program and firewall, right_

#13 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yes.  I allowed Hawken access.

#14 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:13 PM

I would suggest you disable any anti-virus while playing. Not only will it free up system resources that will help performance, but they could be trying to do things in the background that interfere with your account syncing.

Also FYI, Norton is notoriously bad for running in the background and flagging non-virus programs as viruses.

Edited by nokari, February 21 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:22 PM

I will try that once and see if it fixes it.  I will also try setting my router's firewall to minimum once.  I do not want to have to do that.  That puts my pc at risk.  If that fixes the issue, I will  give up on playing Hawken.  I will be worrying about my pc getting viruses and malware while playing Hawken.  This will ruin any enjoyment of the game.  I have never before had such a nice pc as this one.  I do not think it is worth risking my Alienware's security for the sake of one game.  I do not have performance issues for any other games I play.  They all run smooth with max fps on ultra settings.

#16 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostSetsuka, on February 21 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

I will try that once and see if it fixes it.  I will also try setting my router's firewall to minimum once.  I do not want to have to do that.  That puts my pc at risk.  If that fixes the issue, I will  give up on playing Hawken.  I will be worrying about my pc getting viruses and malware while playing Hawken.  This will ruin any enjoyment of the game.  I have never before had such a nice pc as this one.  I do not think it is worth risking my Alienware's security for the sake of one game.  I do not have performance issues for any other games I play.  They all run smooth with max fps on ultra settings.

I have firewall protection on my router and I use antivirus software, but I use Avira. I haven't had any problems yet, so my guess is either something to do with your router's settings that doesn't involve reducing your security, something to do with Norton, or it could be server-side and reporting it to the support team can clear it up. Either way I think Support will be able to help you.

Posted Image

#17 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:27 PM

One more thing.  My boyfriend has the exact same Antivirus software.  I gave him one of my extra keys for the software.  He does not have these issues, so logically it cannot be Norton causing these problems.

#18 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:29 PM

I submitted a support ticket the day I replied on this thread.  I have not received a response.  I'm sure they are swamped with tickets to respond to.

#19 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostSetsuka, on February 21 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

One more thing.  My boyfriend has the exact same Antivirus software.  I gave him one of my extra keys for the software.  He does not have these issues, so logically it cannot be Norton causing these problems.

1) Is he using your router_
2) Do you have the exact same Norton settings_
3) Do your computers have the same firewall settings_

My guess is that if you're both using the exact same settings and permissions and the problem persists, then it's likely a server-side issue.

Posted Image

#20 Setsuka

Setsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:51 PM

I disabled my Norton antivirus and firewall.  I played one match and it still does the infinite Syncing Account and I had to force close.  Now I will try putting my router's firewall on Minimum Security and see if that fixes it.  No my boyfriend does not have the same router or ISP.  I do not know if he has his firewall settings set the exact same as mine.  He didn't have to change his Norton settings for Hawken at all.  For him, Hawken is still set to Auto under Program Rules and Access for his Norton Firewall.  I set mine to Allow to ensure that isn't the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users