HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tips on Incinerator_

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hey all!  I got the uber cool incinerator mech and I'm seriously having trouble on how to play it!  I find that the splash damage is small for the secondary and that the guns fire really slow.  I also find it hard to watch my heat while keeping my situational awareness up.  Please help, I really want to master this mech.

#2 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 14 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

If you wanna see some INC play watch the scrims from tonight, they still have to edit them i would assume.

What i noticed:

-You generate a lot of heat from allies and enemies

-You generate heat from boosting and more from flying Well it would be cool.

-You don't lose heat over time

-You can use the primary utility shot to disperse lots of heat, for example throw a heat grenade down and lay into someone with that high disperse shot.

-Proficient crowd control, and sustained damage, you can literally shoot the entire match.

-Techs are are nice.

-Flight kinda sucks but thats really not a big issue.

-easily take out flying A class with the primary and sustained secondary

-The ability is also really good for weak a mechs that stray to close.

-The ability can be used as a last ditch effort to kill targets around you.

-The ability does more damage if you have more heat.

This is also my new favorite, barring the return of the Raider. Live in fear puny mortals.

Edit: The new map is EASILY exploited by hellfires and snipers. open map. INC does well on this map as well if you have a tech and backup. Needs testing.

View PostLoC_TR, on February 15 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ok here's the deal with the incinerator..

It's a support mech and compliments the tech and counters it depending upon mech composition.

If used right you should be shooting the entire match. Build up heat to about 2/3 and when you get into combat you can immediately start firing the SAARE.

Right now a good tech will switch to the lowest health in the mech and move to each player in turn so that you take full advantage of your time and abilities. The incinerator can suppress a teams armor pool and makes the techs job much harder.

On the BABY I find that I can control my heat more easily but it also makes my primaries utility function less viable unless I need to disperse heat quickly. The utility on the SAARE is suppose to have a bigger splash but right now does the same damage as the regular firing mode.

With the PAPA, you can use the utility function on the primary more effectively but you're fire rate is lowered. The PAPA also makes the ability more viable since you have higher heat more often than a BABY spamming its primary SAARE function.

The MAMA is somewhere in the middle and can be used effectively either way but you have to manage your heat more to use everything.

The ability is a finisher and does a lot of damage but it also puts you at risk so you need to use it wisely, it is super effective on A classes that like to hug.

The incinerator does poorly in a 1v1 against C mechs and even A classes, so seperating this mech from its team important.

The incinerator draws heat from every mech, enemies and allies, and has a huge aoe. So this can put you at a disadvantage if you are too close to the enemy.

Heat grenades are a blessing and a curse. If you are prepared, you can use a heat grenade to lay down some hard hitting SAARE utility shots. If you are not prepared you will insta-overheat.

This is a team style mech like the tech, so as a team you need to utilize its heat dispersing just by being near it. It's all suppression, but it can also role with the kills if you're smart with it.

Just remember to keep your heat up inbetween fights, and stay with your team. Hope this helps some. It's a great mech, and perfectly balanced with the tech in mind.

Put this in some general threads. guess it belongs here though.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:46 PM

How about any answers for the ones I posted_ :o  Although, I find your tips very helpful!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 15 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#4 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 15 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

How about any answers for the ones I posted_ :o  Although, I find your tips very helpful!
I use it in the same fashion i use a tech. Support your team. It's not a kill leader mech, or even a top scorer. People just arnt use to having a different support mech in the rotation so they don't know how to use you.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 15 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:53 PM

Ah okay!  So this is how people felt about the Predator when it first came out... It has such a different playstyle that people just stunk at using it.  So, any good internals/items to get for the Incin_  I guess I play too aggressively for a mech that's supposed to only be support.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 15 2014 - 08:57 PM.

#6 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 15 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Ah okay!  So this is how people felt about the Predator when it first came out... It has such a different playstyle that people just stunk at using it.  So, any good internals/items to get for the Incin_  I guess I play too aggressively for a mech that's supposed to only be support.

You still want to be aggressive. I don't know any time in this game you don't want to be aggressive, you just don't want to over step, you can easily get cut off because you're so slow. I like Advanced Armor Fusor, beccause you get a lot of assists on the mech. Composite armor is always a solid choice on C's. Failsafe could be useful, but it is on all explosive mechs. Also i just thought of this but i'm not exactly sure if extractor effects heat grenades. Speed internals could be useful too. I wouldn't use air compressor only because this mech doesn't have a huge fuel tank and flying around is a rather useless strategy in this mech. Deflector could be useful since you're so big and even when you dodge you can be easy to hit.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 15 2014 - 09:06 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:19 PM

Is there any way to compensate for the slow fire rate of the primary since it has such low damage_  Also, I know the secondary is good but it's rather hard to use since it doesn't bounce like grenades and yet it has an arc like one plus a really small AoE unlike the Corsair, GL, or even a group of Pred mines.  Any tips on them_

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 15 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#8 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 15 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Is there any way to compensate for the slow fire rate of the primary since it has such low damage_  Also, I know the secondary is good but it's rather hard to use since it doesn't bounce like grenades and yet it has an arc like one plus a really small AoE unlike the Corsair, GL, or even a group of Pred mines.  Any tips on them_

If you have a target just keep shooting that BABY, there should be no down time on that thing if you're using it right. The SAARE is like a fast corsair and is more for area denial, so you need to be shooting the area where they want to go or will be instead of aiming directly for a target. So the BABY needs a target, the SAARE needs area. Those big fire balls scare the fuzzy bunny out of ppl. If you're using the BBY stop shooting the SAARE for 3-4 second intervals so you can build up heat to spam it again.

EDIT: in CQC you need to direct hits with the SAARE, and if they are playing peek-a-boo it might be to you're advantage to use the SAARE utility fire instead of its regular fire. The utility function has a bigger AOE, but is slow refire rate and eats up more heat. If you're suppressing players that are grouped up behind something it might be to your advantage to switch to the utility and throw some of those over there too. Just don't do it too long or you'll end dispersing too much east for the BBY to keep up.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 15 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#9 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:44 PM

Alright!  Neat tips LoC_TR!  If anyone has anymore questions on incinerator or answers, post it here!  Does anyone have any awesome names for their Incinerator_

#10 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:53 PM

Mine is "ITSTOOHOT"

but "BURNBABYBURN" "KILLITWITHFIRE" are applicable.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#11 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hahaha, nice one!  I'm planning to name mine 'Hiasobi', which roughly translates to 'Playing with fire' in Japanese.  :lol:   Though yours are very enjoyable to read.

#12 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 10:28 PM

I don't even notice the difference in the SAARE's AOE. Does it really have a big difference_ What's the damage on both modes please_

#13 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 16 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostFarlanghn, on February 15 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

I don't even notice the difference in the SAARE's AOE. Does it really have a big difference_ What's the damage on both modes please_

The damage is 60, the same on both. The utility has a slightly bigger splash and i think is suppose to be 80 damage. Someone may need to double check my numbers but that's what i got.

Definitely not worth switching to unless you really need that extra bit of aoe or need to disperse heat.. which i don't fully understand why you'd make this decision on BBY.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 16 2014 - 12:20 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#14 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 12:28 AM

That's weird that the two modes are so similar.

#15 Ronteque

Ronteque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 01:41 AM

Should I go BABY, PAPA OR MAMA for the Incinerator's primary weapon_

#16 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 16 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostRonteque, on February 16 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Should I go BABY, PAPA OR MAMA for the Incinerator's primary weapon_

I like BBY but i think i'll be switching to the MAMA. PAPA seems to generate too much heat right now. If you don't have a lot of HC dont buy the weapons yet, buy the internals or items.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#17 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 08:11 AM

Just got this mech too, and do you know that the elite armor pieces change colour according to the color you have set your trim lines_ The key to pilot this mech is position, position, position. sometimes when i see a group of a classes swaming to us, i will unload a volley of fireballs at them to break them up, then leave the rest to your team mates to finish them up, while u continue firing your primary.

I have also discovered a tactic that could render the incinerator's ability useless during my encounter with a scout: Just before i could unleash my ability, the scout threw a shield  at me which pretty much prevented all the explosion's AOE from reaching him when the shield dome covered my incinerator...the scout made a quick getaway. :angry:

Edited by 86, February 16 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#18 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 08:12 AM

I find it weird that I can't just hold the right click button to just fire away automatically with the SAARE.  It's obviously a weapon made for that!  It disperses the heat from BBY as it shoots!  The mech is MADE for spraying lead and fire to make enemies duck and hide, so why do I have to continually click the right click button_  Anyone else feel the same_

View Post86, on February 16 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Just got this mech too, and do you know that the elite armor pieces change colour according to the color you have set your trim lines_ The key to pilot this mech is position, position, position. sometimes when i see a group of a classes swaming to us, i will unload a volley of fireballs at them to break them up, then leave the rest to your team mates to finish them up, while u continue firing your primary.

I have also discovered a tactic that could render the incinerator's ability useless during my encounter with a scout: Just before i could unleash my ability, the scout threw a shield  at me which pretty much prevented all the explosion's AOE from reaching him when the shield dome covered my incinerator...the scout made a quick getaway. :angry:

Dang, people learn fast.  I'm sure you could do the same with a blockade.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 16 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#19 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:17 AM

I wish if you over heated you could launch your ability right away. It leaves you vulnerable so I don't see the problem. I want to be able to use my ability at max power but I can't do that when I overheat.

#20 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:33 AM

That's true, but think about how powerful that move would be_  If you overheat, you have an excess amount of it = possibly OP since if you have most of the heat bar full, it can almost one shot a-classes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users