HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tips on Incinerator_

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 19 2014 - 03:24 AM

Thanks I didn't know about the flame icon...

I heard the Incinerator stole everyone's heat but didn't put it together that in Siege/MA I may need to keep distance if enemies charge AA...
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#42 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 19 2014 - 02:59 PM

I'm figuring out how to use SAARE well.  For now, i'm using it as if it's a precision strike arty vehicle.  I lead my shots and work them up toward my opponent if he/she is far away.  It's very good for scattering enemies off the AA.  As for up close targets, I lead my targets while firing both the SAARE and the BBY.

#43 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 19 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on February 16 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

I wish if you over heated you could launch your ability right away. It leaves you vulnerable so I don't see the problem. I want to be able to use my ability at max power but I can't do that when I overheat.

I second this very much. I think it should automatically activate if you are not on cooldown already and you overheat. Especially when trying to use this with M4MA (which I gave up because it is useless and no one will respond to about), it is impossible to manage your heat to that degree to get the underpowered ability to a useful level, but not overheat so you lose all your ammo and can't activate the ability when you need it.

If anyone who plays Incinerator prefers M4MA as a weapon, or even considers it viable especially after the recent update, let me know. I have yet to hear it.
"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#44 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 16 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

View PostRonteque, on February 16 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Should I go BABY, PAPA OR MAMA for the Incinerator's primary weapon_

I like BBY but i think i'll be switching to the MAMA. PAPA seems to generate too much heat right now. If you don't have a lot of HC dont buy the weapons yet, buy the internals or items.

Yeah PPA generates way too much heat. I have finally gotten the hang of M4MA, Goldilocks (get it_) level heat output, just enough to never stop firing the vertical increased AOE SAARE, and the projectiles hit the same spot as your SAARE.

M4MA needs increased travel time though over longer distances, and an increased rate of fire. It should match BBY in rate of fire.

Edited by CptCoy, February 21 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#45 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted February 20 2014 - 11:37 AM

I think PPA is worthless because of its huuuuuuuuuuuuuge spin-up time.  If you pop your ability, it just takes way too long to get damage coming out again.  M4MA actually had similar issues, beyond the trouble I had hitting targets with it.  BBY doesn't produce a lot of heat, but if you fire it so that you're somewhere around half before you get to the fight in the first place, it's pretty much a non-issue.  Damage isn't super high, but it's consistent, and it's a lot easier to keep your heat at a particular level (so you can keep your heat up high enough that the ability will do decent damage without losing track).  And if you throw down the slam, you don't have to wait five billion hours before shooting something again.

#46 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 20 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostDaronicus, on February 20 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

I think PPA is worthless because of its huuuuuuuuuuuuuge spin-up time.  If you pop your ability, it just takes way too long to get damage coming out again.  M4MA actually had similar issues, beyond the trouble I had hitting targets with it.  BBY doesn't produce a lot of heat, but if you fire it so that you're somewhere around half before you get to the fight in the first place, it's pretty much a non-issue.  Damage isn't super high, but it's consistent, and it's a lot easier to keep your heat at a particular level (so you can keep your heat up high enough that the ability will do decent damage without losing track).  And if you throw down the slam, you don't have to wait five billion hours before shooting something again.

Ya PPA seems pretty much worthless in pubs but i think it could be useful on certain maps with a good team behind you. Having a tech is a must, I could see it on a map like Bunker where you can see almost the entire map from the bunker. If you're trying to move a lot it won't work. MMA is just as useless if you're moving a lot.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#47 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:23 PM

How good is M4MA now_  I hear people saying it's good, but I'm not so sure about that.

#48 Arcart

Arcart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 03:58 PM

biggest tip i can give u is dont buy the alternative weapons they both suck waste of good credits default weapon is his best weapon

#49 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 21 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

How good is M4MA now_  I hear people saying it's good, but I'm not so sure about that.

It is currently the best, but only if you are good with the SAARE. It improves the SAARE enough to compensate, but don't get it if you don't get kills with SAARE often. You also have to be better at watching your heat than BBY. You will never run out, but it is easy to overheat.

As an actual weapon you have to practice leading your target and arcing them with your SAARE (they follow the same path aside from spread), but even then it is not very good. As is it needs more damage if the fire rate stays the same, or vice versa. It also needs increased travel time, because it is as easy to dodge as the SAARE.

BBY is the easiest to use, and gets the most kills itself, but I cannot go back to because I can't fire SAARE nearly as often and not with the increased AOE. But it has a ceiling where you can only be so effective, because meh DPS and fire rate. It is consistent, but can't compete with most competing weapons all designed to destroy you. M4MA can fill the air with FIRE and send enemies running while you do it. It is very good at keeping enemies away from AA during Siege, from afar or standing on/under it yourself.

Don't expect to get many kills with M4MA because of slow travel time, slower rate of fire, and friendly mechs targeting any mech they see below 25% health so they can snag your kill. You will get a lot of assists, and even still might score high. But if you care about total kills, and not just scaring people off and killing stupid people who get close or stand still, then stick with BBY or wait for PPA buff.

tl;dr M4MA is best in my opinion for SAARE users but needs to be buffed. BBY is good for players who still need practice with SAARE, and do consistent easy-to-hit damage, but with limited DPS you will need to eventually graduate to PPA or M4MA. PPA needs a buff first before buying. M4MA is good to go now in terms of heat, but still needs work.

Edited by CptCoy, February 21 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#50 Sulfaid

Sulfaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 10:58 PM

I have been dominating with this mech. It's power of suppression is ridiculous.

To make the most out of the Incinerator you want to get the armor fusor x3, basic reconstructor, repair kit, and repair charge x4.
The armor fusor keeps you in the battle longer from assisting your allies. Once you get so many assist, you become a self-regenerating monster that can take on entire teams. The repair kit and repair charge work great together when a tech isn't around to heal you. It also can make for a good pick-me-up when you're low on health in the middle of battle. The reconstructor is quite helpful because it can complement the repair charge when you are out of battle for a short time.

For weapons, the starting BBY is absolutely beautiful. It heats your system up to the point where you can spam the primary fire on the SAARE like none other. The damage isn't spectacular for the BBY, but the SAARE completely makes up for it. Just randomly fire the BBY to keep your heat up while you pelt the enemy with the SAARE. Once the enemy gets close enough, you can change the SAARE to it's secondary fire while using the BBY as your damage dealer. I find it to play like a grenadier that doesn't overheat and can tear enemies up in close range. I've been able to get quad/triple kills fairly often with this mech. It's beautiful.

#51 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:09 AM

Interesting setup, I'll try that out once I get enough HCs.

#52 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostRonteque, on February 16 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Should I go BABY, PAPA OR MAMA for the Incinerator's primary weapon_

BBY for kills, M4MA for suppression and winning Siege matches. PPA is unusable in it's current state. M4MA needs some tweaking but it provides just the right amount of heat for the best SAARE effect.

You can fire the secondary fire on the SAARE indefinitely with M4MA, without ever having to stop either weapon.

Edited by CptCoy, February 22 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#53 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 02:49 PM

Anyone know how big the splash radius is for M4MA's projectiles_

#54 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 23 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Anyone know how big the splash radius is for M4MA's projectiles_

I don't know the exact value, but it feels very similar to the redox.

#55 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 02:08 PM

Argh, that's such a small radius. xD  Ah well, I'm sure it'd be too much if it was larger.  I really just wish the projectiles would move faster.

#56 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 24 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Argh, that's such a small radius. xD  Ah well, I'm sure it'd be too much if it was larger.  I really just wish the projectiles would move faster.

This. I would be so much happier if the splash damage had a larger AOE or the projectiles actually traveled like bullets and not hand-thrown darts. I get that they mostly have the same trajectory as the SAARE, but they need to move a little faster so they can get to the target. If I do manage to hit someone with it at mid-to-long range, it is usually because the enemy dodged out of the way to cover and then dodged back out because he doesn't realize the bullets were still only halfway to him. I am usually not shooting anymore or even looking when I hear the M4MA hit someone.

#57 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 09:36 AM

I need to spend more time with the incinerator. I bought it, and I have yet to have any success playing it.

#58 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 12:44 PM

Remember that Incinerator is a support mech, it's not supposed to go all Rambo and massacre the entire team by itself.  You keep the enemies' heads down and kill the unfortunate mech who gets too close to you with the butt slam ability.

#59 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 03 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Remember that Incinerator is a support mech, it's not supposed to go all Rambo and massacre the entire team by itself.  You keep the enemies' heads down and kill the unfortunate mech who gets too close to you with the butt slam ability.

I know that, but man is it tough to get any points with this thing. Seems Hawken deters players from using support mechs due to accruing less xp payouts.

#60 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted March 04 2014 - 12:38 PM

I for one enjoy the M4MA, but it's pretty situational. Its arc, travel speed, and distance is near identical to its secondary. And for me, i picked up arcs pretty well and so it was a great fit for me. Just yesterday i had a wonderful tech behind me as i firebombed the enemy team on bazaar and i corralled them into my other teamates. But if i find that it's not working for me, i can just switch back to the BBY!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users