HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tips on Incinerator_

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:55 AM

10 mines clustered from a predator will kill an A-class at full health.

With the incinerator taking most of the heat from battle I think having that last big punch would help. Can't tell you how many times I have tried the ability and died right before it went off. So the delay I think balances it out. Maybe 200HP_ I have tried the ability on A few B's and I haven't been able to finish any off.

#22 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 16 2014 - 10:01 AM

I guess so, I've never been good at using Incin's ability.  I have a feeling Incin feels a little too squishy, maby a bit more hp would help or more power to his primaries.

#23 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 01:39 PM

Some things about the SAARE, and other things on the Incin in general:

View PostFarlanghn, on February 16 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

What's sucks is the SAARE is SO easy to dodge! Being an A-class I would rather fight an incin more than any other C. If you are good at dodging you can get around most of its shots.

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 16 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

I know!  It needs to be faster, a freaking fireball shouldn't be easy to dodge.  I would also expect it to have at least a decent splash radius.

I also feel as if the Incinerator doesn't really feel like an incinerator.  I hope they put a DoT or something to it so I can actually burn things to make up for the low damage the B3AR series gives.

#24 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 03:27 PM

Maybe if the gun had burn damage. A direct hit from the SAARE would have a tiny bit of residual fire damage for 2-3secs_ I mean you are hitting someone with a direct fire ball.

Edited by Farlanghn, February 16 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#25 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hey, just played seige at wreckage with the incinerator and realised how awesome its weapons are when controlling enemy forces who try to secure the AA...of course that is provided you have sufficent team support on your side. my team had a brawler, rocketeer, a tech a raider sharpshooter and me.

Tagging along with the brawler and rocketeer, Constantly launching volleys of fireballs at the enemy chock point proved effective, constantly flanking the enemy when they are distracted on engaging my team, sneak up on them with heat bars almost full and BAM! took out 2 mechs at once with my heat ability and allowing the team to push the enemy back down to one mech which had no choice but to retreat.

#26 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 06:01 AM

View Post86, on February 16 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Hey, just played seige at wreckage with the incinerator and realised how awesome its weapons are when controlling enemy forces who try to secure the AA...of course that is provided you have sufficent team support on your side. my team had a brawler, rocketeer, a tech a raider sharpshooter and me.

Tagging along with the brawler and rocketeer, Constantly launching volleys of fireballs at the enemy chock point proved effective, constantly flanking the enemy when they are distracted on engaging my team, sneak up on them with heat bars almost full and BAM! took out 2 mechs at once with my heat ability and allowing the team to push the enemy back down to one mech which had no choice but to retreat.

Haha, gosh.  I really gotta practice more don't I_

#27 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 17 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 16 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

I find it weird that I can't just hold the right click button to just fire away automatically with the SAARE.  It's obviously a weapon made for that!  It disperses the heat from BBY as it shoots!  The mech is MADE for spraying lead and fire to make enemies duck and hide, so why do I have to continually click the right click button_  Anyone else feel the same_

View Post86, on February 16 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Just got this mech too, and do you know that the elite armor pieces change colour according to the color you have set your trim lines_ The key to pilot this mech is position, position, position. sometimes when i see a group of a classes swaming to us, i will unload a volley of fireballs at them to break them up, then leave the rest to your team mates to finish them up, while u continue firing your primary.

I have also discovered a tactic that could render the incinerator's ability useless during my encounter with a scout: Just before i could unleash my ability, the scout threw a shield  at me which pretty much prevented all the explosion's AOE from reaching him when the shield dome covered my incinerator...the scout made a quick getaway. :angry:

Dang, people learn fast.  I'm sure you could do the same with a blockade.

The SAARE is already kinda spammy so i would assume they wanted it to have a more manual feel.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#28 amade

amade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKelana Jaya

Posted February 17 2014 - 08:21 AM

The point of the PAPA gun is to use it with SAARE in alt firing mode. However, I'm not sure if the alt mode on SAARE actually deals more damage. I think the combination of both is supposed to give you the max DPS configuration (assuming you can dissipate the heat fast enough). Definitely not an easy weapon to handle which leaves players prone to messing up and becoming vulnerable for several seconds.

Because of the spammy nature of this mech I've called mine SPAMINATOR.

Btw, anyone know the AOE range of the special ability_

#29 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:08 AM

View Postamade, on February 17 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

The point of the PAPA gun is to use it with SAARE in alt firing mode. However, I'm not sure if the alt mode on SAARE actually deals more damage. I think the combination of both is supposed to give you the max DPS configuration (assuming you can dissipate the heat fast enough). Definitely not an easy weapon to handle which leaves players prone to messing up and becoming vulnerable for several seconds.

Because of the spammy nature of this mech I've called mine SPAMINATOR.

Btw, anyone know the AOE range of the special ability_

The ability aoe is no more than 2 meters maybe a bit more. If you read my posts above the saare utility doesn't do more damage just a tiny bit more aoe.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#30 amade

amade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKelana Jaya

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:13 AM

That seems rather underwhelming :\

#31 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:44 AM

View Postamade, on February 17 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

That seems rather underwhelming :

This mech really has a specific role, dps support, not necessarily kill shots. More of an assist mech, not a frontal assault type deal.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#32 Manse

Manse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 17 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

View Post86, on February 16 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Haha, gosh.  I really gotta practice more don't I_

Practice makes perfect. I've gotten my BurnBunny to rank 4 over the weekend and really had some time to focus on what did and didn't work (for me, at least, YMMV). I'm fairly consistently averaging 2:1:2 KDA ratios or better.  My favorite was the game with two smart techs that hung with me and I went 20-4 (first death was after a 12 kill streak).

Loadout:

Primary: Don't even bother with the unlock weapon.  It doesn't spin up in time to put damage out, and if you're in a large group, you'll be getting way too much heat.   More on that in a moment.  Stick to the default weapon and just tape your LMB down.

SAARE: keep it in primary mode for the most part.  The damage difference is negligible and the alt fire is no "scarier" than normal modes.  Only switch when you're building too much heat from being with your team (which should be all the time). If you're building too much heat, switch to alt fire and toss one or two, then back.  You want to stay above half heat or so, in case you need your ability.

Ability:  This is how you kill A's with a smile.  Anyone that tries to hug you will die.  It's awesome.  But, you will miss with this (and die) or not have enough heat to get the kill (and die) many times.  Use with caution.

Items: The heat charge isn't all it's cracked up to be. It has a very obvious animation/visual and no one stands in it long enough to be effective.  You also shouldn't need it if you're with a team, as you'll be stealing all of their heat.  Unless they change the AoE/Damage on the SAARE's alt fire, Scrap it for something useful.  I'm currently running shields (for instant cover in bad engagements) and HE (for more burst, they follow about the same arc as the SAARE.  If you carry HE, remember to time it after your target dodges.

Internal: Dealer's choice. I'm having success with failsafe, the move speed at lower HP, and the heal on Kill/assist.

As far as tactics.  You want to pile up and hug your group. You are a force multiplier even more than a technician.  You sap heat from everyone equally, "healing" heat bars for everyone around you.  That ups the sustained DPS for the team, not just for you.  You can take point, but if you have another C, let them lead so you can arc fire over them.

Keep an eye on your heat during a fight as you always would and be ready to quickly switch to larger fireballs and back, even for a single shot or two, then back. You don't have to wait for the reticle to cycle/roll over.  Watch the blue reload bar and fire as soon as it is ready.

Assume that your fireballs have no AoE.  Treat the fireballs like a spinfuzor/Disk launcher from Tribes and get used to landing direct hits (especially against airborne targets).  Study the arc and how it looks when you dodge and when your target dodges. Also get used to holding your primary fire down, even if you're going to miss with the gatling gun because you have to lead/arc your fireballs. Some of it will land, and you need the heat anyway.

You are faster than other C class (at least I think so).  At a minimum, you don't have turret mode to slow down.  Use your mobility.

If you have to box, use cover and get a flank.  Strafe out of cover, then fire and dodge back into cover. The fire animation is very short and you can bait them into getting closer.  You want them close.  At shorter ranges, the spread on the cannon is negated and the small AoE on the fireballs is a benefit. C's can't out maneuver you and A/B's will enjoy the tender caress of your burning love flames when try to hug.  

Your ability is a bubble, roughly one mech in radius.  If someone is being annoying and flying over you and is low, boost under them, hit F, and show them the love glove.  They'll be nice enough to drop an orb right on you so you can heal.  How sweet.

I came back to hawken with the steam launch.  I bought the nemesis pack and the incinerator when they came out.  I have yet to play anything but the incinerator (and Fred) because BurnBunny is too much fun.  I think I am going to continue focusing on spreading my burning love across the planet until I max it out.

#33 Manse

Manse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 12:20 PM

View Postamade, on February 17 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

That seems rather underwhelming :

With enough heat built up, it does a stupid amount of damage.  Plus it is the most rewarding feeling in the world to have an annoying light that is dodging fireballs try to close the gap or fly over you to hug and you footstomp and they just fall out of the air.  It is the most "HULK SMASH" thing I've seen lately, and it feels gooooooooood.

#34 amade

amade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKelana Jaya

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:54 AM

I'm getting the hang of using the heat dissipation now. Against A class I just wait till they try to jump over me. With other mechs, rather than try to close the gap I just retreat behind a corner and wait for them to rush me (since the smarter ones tend to try and keep a gap).

Despite my initial disappointment at the limited range I think the special ability is pretty balanced.

Previously, I tend to waste away my heat by spamming the SAARE indiscriminately, now that I can utilize the special better I try to keep the heat gauge filled.

#35 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:03 AM

The incinerator is officially my SEIGE mech now, it's playstyle is just perfect for holding back enemy forces trying push your forces away from the AA,i would rather leave the TDMs and high level dm battles to my berserker to deal with pesky scouts jumping around...

This mech needs teamwork support for it to actually do its job well. Not a front line skirmish style of mech where you could charge head on in a 1v1 match...someone with enough skill is still able to outmanuver and take you down. :(

#36 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:47 AM

How close does the Incinerator have to be to other mechs to steal their heat_

Does this also steal enemies heat_  So in effect they can up their DPS by being in range_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#37 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 10:34 AM

Techs are definitely going to get more work with another heavy. Problem I have is getting the tech to stay on me. This mech is definitely made pushing your team forward. Players need to get this part down. It's a waste of player spots to stand at the edge of an objective and not push forward.

#38 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 15 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 15 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

How about any answers for the ones I posted_ :o  Although, I find your tips very helpful!
I use it in the same fashion i use a tech. Support your team. It's not a kill leader mech, or even a top scorer. People just arnt use to having a different support mech in the rotation so they don't know how to use you.

I have been getting top scores consistently. Alone, and even more in team fights because more heat, equal more rockets.

Incinerator boils down to having a rhythm of how fast you fire you rockets vs how much heat you are gaining at the moment. Baby is a good weapon but Mama and Papa also equal more rockets. Learn to lead your targets and the trick is to fire at the aerial guys just as they land if they don't have air compressors.

Get a shield and deploy it in teamfights when near full heat, when enemies come in to attack, activate your ability.

p.s. Papa > Baby > Mama
"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#39 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 03:15 PM

Alright, I played a few more games with the Incinerator, I'm getting much better.  It's very satisfying to butt slam them. XD  

View PostDFTR, on February 18 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I think about one medium mech around and about one medium mech above.[/font]
Does this also steal enemies heat_  So in effect they can up their DPS by being in range.
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]I'm not so sure about that one.[/font]

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 18 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#40 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 18 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 18 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Alright, I played a few more games with the Incinerator, I'm getting much better.  It's very satisfying to butt slam them. XD  

View PostDFTR, on February 18 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I think about one medium mech around and about one medium mech above.[/font]
Does this also steal enemies heat_  So in effect they can up their DPS by being in range.
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]I'm not so sure about that one.[/font]

LOL its in my first post!! its like 6-8 meters.. so maybe 6 C classes away_ You can test this by standing next to an INC then backing away from it, a little flame icon will be present until you exit the the AOE buff. The icons are small and sit next to the fuel gauge.

The second question is also in my post.. It steals EVERY ONES heat. That is is too your disadvantage to be near the enemy. Especially their tech. If INCs on the opposite teams meet each other the effect is stagnant since you are giving and getting heat from each other. I haven't tested how INC PPA would effect an INC using a BBY or MMA.

We did do a really crazy game last night.. 2 INCs +4 techs vs 2 INCs +4 techs

Edited by LoC_TR, February 18 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users