HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tips on Incinerator_

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 PCP_MD

PCP_MD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 10:20 PM

So... you guys have covered nearly everything... Incin is the only heavy i play. I primarily use the ppa because i play the incin as more of an aggressive/suppression mech. On a good day... (If flanking i drop my radar scrambler somewhere hidden, but close enough to my targets that their radar will be useless.) I hold position until i get a kill, then slowly advance pushing enemies behind cover and shredding anyone who gets in my way. Armor Fusor regen keeps my health up and Basic Power Surger gives me 12% extra move speed. If I'm low on health evasive device kicks in and combined with my health regen and surger speed boost i can gtfo better than any normal heavy. Occasionally i'll switch to a more support/area denial role by using heat charges in key locations while peppering anyone i see with fireballs and flares.

Tips:
-ppa is tough to get used to, but highest dps
-when flanking, spin minigun up without firing any bullets to stay off the radar or with a scrambler fire minimal bullets and make sure to avoid catching the enemy's attention with your first few single shots of the papa.
-when advancing don't boost at all. Boosting means less dakka and a delay at the end of the boost.
-don't go balls deep unless you're gonna die anyway. with Fusor and evasive device it's often quite easy to escape if there aren't any anklebiters to chase to down (and they die fast if the enemy team is in a chokepoint)
-ability is not heat dispersion, ability is fly swatter.
-tactical placement of heat charges can provide more suppression than bullets, but it's tricky getting used to the arc of the throw.

My loadout:
Primary: PPA
Items - Heat Charge MK-3 and a Radar Scrambler
Internals - Advanced Armor Fusor, Evasive Device, Basic Power Surger
\m/_(>_<)_\m/

#82 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:05 AM

I got myself a seat in a Rocketeer right after i lvld up my Fred. I lvld The Rocketeer to max and then thought about what else to get. So i played a few games to see what and how other people played mainly in Siege and Missile Mode. The Incinerator was to begin with an absolute no-go for me. I hated it... and i hated it even more when i met it in said modes... The looks, the movement (Despite its nimbleness for a C-class, it is a Hulk! Scary when you meet it.) ...  That is when the lights turned on... "finally" I HAVE TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!

The Rocketeer was pretty hard to learn. I could deliver some rediculous damage, but most of the time people where just dodging me, making me feel like a Mediocre Sumo fighter in a fistfight with Jet-Li. My K/D Ratio started plummeting when i started getting paired with higher ranked people. And don't get me started on how it feels to be swarmed by flying A's. It became really frustrating and i had to work really hard to get it back on Track. I found out that the Rocketeer is a perfect supporter/assister... It works beautiful in a team... but if you are on a bad team that cannot coordinate at all you spend more time respawning than anything else... To put it simple... Rocketeers are more than often left alone to die. (BTW i never use Turret Mode since it is a death trap. And i feel no need to turn a Snail into a Target practice Turtle)

Now... This all changed with the Incinerator... all of a sudden you have lots of friends who want to feel your love... They hugg you for that extra awesomeness they can send to the enemy. Now that is a true supporter that gets supported loads. I totally love this mech!!! As for weapons choice... i come from a rocketeer and find the slow traveling SAARE to be a blessing. Compared to the Hellfires it is absolutely gorgeous. Rate of Fire is rediculous. Especially if you have many Team-mates around you. The rate at wich you can spam it is crazy. When with lots of team mates i use the alternative firing mode with the SAARE.

The B4BY is a really neat weapon when you come from a slow firing Seeker. Heat Generation is not great, but if you are with your Team, it will not matter much. The AA on Last Eco is so much fun with this mech... :D

The Butt-slam... Well... I still need loads of experience with this mech to make it work... most of the time i feel like a pig on Ice when i fire that Alternative... It sure requires good skill and timing.

The Incinerator more than likely will get nerfbombed the way it is now. It is an avalanche of hot death on two legs... It's uberawesome. I am officially a Incinerator Fanboy now. :wub:

Sorry for the wall of text... And my bad english. :unsure:

MarNoahCus Out!!!
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#83 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostMarNoahCus, on April 14 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

The Incinerator more than likely will get nerfbombed the way it is now. It is an avalanche of hot death on two legs... It's uberawesome. I am officially a Incinerator Fanboy now. :wub:

If the devs treat it like they did the tech, the little touch they did in the march patch will be it and they'll forget about how good it is   :lol:

#84 BaoWolf

BaoWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:26 PM

I grabbed the incinerator during the double hc weekend and i havnt played anything else since. http://www.twitch.tv/fahtimah
please excuse the terrible video im new to streaming. Ive done well with all styles of play with the incinerator up to and including DM.

#85 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 16 2014 - 07:46 AM

View Postninjab3ta, on April 15 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostMarNoahCus, on April 14 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

If the devs treat it like they did the tech, the little touch they did in the march patch will be it and they'll forget about how good it is   :lol:

I sure hope so :)
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#86 Bakaneko_Ouka

Bakaneko_Ouka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 03:16 AM

You just go pew pew fhwoosh people ;3 Today had my opening team deathmatch with end stats being MVP und Kill leader with best K/D at 12.00, plus 10 assists. Tho the only thing I can't quite understand is Incis ability, wich seams totally pointless to me... pointless and kinda... well, lame.

#87 BaoWolf

BaoWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 01:17 PM

Its very touchy and leaves you vulnerable. Use it on an A-class that's near dead and wants to get in your face..very gratifying for some reason.  walk into a area like the center of origin and use it as your teams cleaning up. So far that's the only luck i've had with it. Last but not least its fun to use as a Taunt.

#88 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 02:01 PM

I use the ability as a fly swatter when I'm too lazy or annoyed to aim to finish off pesky mechs that like to dodge a lot.

Edited by jrkong, April 17 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#89 Arkhaun

Arkhaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 09:41 PM

From what I've seen in my fights against incinies

air dodge incinerators with deflectors and a basic fuel converter are invincible when they have that tech in their butt
that and papa is srs business

#90 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 22 2014 - 10:42 PM

Today my incinerator got healed by 3 tech in same time

won 1 vs 6 with entire enemy team lol

Posted Image

#91 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:05 AM

I haven't used AC at all on my incinerator since fuel regen is kinda slow. I run Evasive Device, Adv Armor Fuser and Basic Reconstructor. I've been using the ability a bit more but seriously, it ticks me off how many people get away with 8 hp.

Edited by jrkong, April 24 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#92 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:25 AM

Papa is the way to go for the Incinerator, for sure. And you need to be using the alternate fire for the secondary (Big fireballs). I find the trick is to use the papa for heat generation (mainly) and focus your aim using the SAAR. The key is hitting your secondary with consistency. Obviously direct hits are best. Odds are if you are in range you will be peppering the target with the Papa as you land SAAR hits. This tactic melts face. One thing to note is that you cannot just hold down the primary weapon's fire button. You need to "pump" it or you WILL overheat QUICKLY. This makes the combo more difficult to use, but more satisfying with its devastating potential. With it, you can out DPS ANYTHING several folds over in a straight fight.

It is also good for suppression for obvious reasons. I find the advanced armor fusor is the go-to internal for the mech. Lots of assists, lots of splash so it'll keep you in the fight for longer without having to concentrate on your armor. You need to be focused on heat generation. It is probably not something you are used to checking constantly, but once you get the hang of it, you will know when to release papa from the chain and when not to.

I rarely use the ability. The only thing it is good for is if you are in a situation you cannot fall back from and your target is low on armor.
Call me Nos.

#93 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:32 AM

Once I mastered the P4PA I can't go back. For me, when I use the P4PA it's all about knowing the "beat". I fire roughly 4-5 shots, pause and fire SAARE, repeat. Of course I keep my eye on my heat bar and sometimes I out 2 SAARE shots instead of one. An important thing to note is you need to resist the "urge" to spray the P4PA when a mech is low on HP since I know I will overheat. By the way am I the only one that uses the SAARE as a mortar for when I'm heading to the battlefield_

#94 PCP_MD

PCP_MD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 04:18 PM

SAARE + M4MA is boss for long range bombardment. Not accurate, but with the amount of hell you can rain down on a target, they'll definitely want to GTFO lol

I generally prefer PPA though, simply because hitscan weapons are far more effective against zerkers and other hoverpodders.

Another thing about the incin that will greatly improve your damage is always taking the high ground. From an elevated position you can get repeated full damage hits with the SAARE, while having your crosshair closer to the target requiring less wobble.

(by wobble i mean the ppa burst fire with re-aimed SAARE shots in between; Literally wobbling your crosshairs up and down aiming with one weapon then the other. The wobble is the only way to hit the majority of shots with both weapons, outside of close range, and will increase your damage alot if you were neglecting one of your weapons, but it does take practice.)

Another thing i've been experimenting with is the intimidation charge. Basically, when a bunch of enemies on a point are low on health and you boost directly at them, they'll assume you'll try to heat stomp them and back off, which gives you a chance to spin up your minigun and pick them off. Still trying to figure out the best way to implement it, since often there will be someone who isn't low on health who i don't notice and doesnt back off then gets alot of damage on me. Also, still not sure what the optimal distance to start the charge is.
\m/_(>_<)_\m/

#95 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 10:26 AM

So after playing a lot more with the incinerator I've finally found a way to use the ability without leaving yourself totally vulnerable after using it when you're using the PPA. The key to this is the Heat Charge. Right before you are about to go f-bombtoss your Heat Charge down, f-bomb and by the time you finish the animation you should have enough heat to fire a few SAARE shots buying you a little time as you respin your PPA. I love using this strategy so I can take out those pesky A mechs as they buzz around me so I'm not distracted for too long.

#96 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:39 PM

I've been using the heat charge to try to hears enemies around. Mild success.

How exactly does the trim line thing with the elite chassis work_ It isn't visible in the garage so I can't really tell what it does.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#97 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:00 PM

Trim doesn't work with elite chassis.

#98 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 07:07 PM

Ok generally I run basic items only unless I find they really help me and I've started saving up toward saving up toward the Heat Charge MK3 since Heat Charge can really help you out in sticky situations. When you use the PPA the ability is a huge risk when you use it since it leaves you completely exposed but when you use the Heat Charge right you can nullify all those problems.

I have two strategies with the Heat Charge both involving Heat Dispersion, aka my personal fly swatter. Whenever I prep Heat Dispersion I always toss down  a Heat Charge down so I'll have heat to fire SAARE shots as my PPA spins up which leaves me a lot less exposed. Strategy 2 is when I'm in pure panic mode and my first Heat Dispersion doesn't kill the target and leaves them with a small chunk of health. When this happens I generally follow up with another F-bomb popping them. This strategy has saved me a few times in Deathmatch where 1v1's don't usually stay 1v1s for long so time is of the essence.

#99 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 28 2014 - 11:02 AM

Nice thread here! Thought that I would share SoldierHobbes11's video on the Incinerator. Check it out as its really helpful!

I never got to play much with my Incinerator, but I'll be burning and rolling out some deep fried mechs pretty soon! :ph34r: :D :P B) :rolleyes: ;)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users