HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How is the Bruiser_

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Tipsy_Gunner

Tipsy_Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 09:35 AM

It's my new favourite mech.  I've finally moved on from my beloved G2.

Bruisers can whittle down long range targets with well-placed (and timed) homing hellfires. At the very least, you can send opponents scampering behind cover, or (if you are lucky) flush them out into open spaces.  Medium range targets can be engaged with either the Vulcan or the hellfires, whether you use the homing feature or not (I do). And short range foes can be dispatched easily enough with hellfires-turned-shotgun, or shredded with the Vulcan.

I can't for the life of me understand why the Bruiser is greeted with scorn by so many for having both long and short range weapons. It's not going through an identity crisis, people - it's just capable at all ranges, making it a great all-rounder, better than the Assault in my opinion. It's in-game blurb describes it as a "versatile skirmisher," and I think it fits the bill perfectly.
Posted Image

#62 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 17 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostIronClamp, on April 17 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

You've read Devs Hate Snipers, haven't you_
I skimmed it a bit for some example material, then ran screaming because even my degree of pettiness over video games couldn't handle it.

#63 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 11:52 AM

I was going to ask the same type question,  How is the Bruiser viability in top tier games _  From the majority of what i read that bruisers are not that effective once you get past mid lvl range gameplay_  I just wondering cause with the trial mech i played one game last night was going to play more tommorow when i get chance but i literrally tore things up i came in with like 4 minutes left and easily got on top of the leader board and just literally steam rolled everyone without much effort, but like i said was only one game and the competition didnt look like they were very good ( like not much dodging so i could just unload on them with the vulcan).  I like how the vulcan can do so much damage so fast and i like sneaking around people and getting on the back and with the vulcan i have half their life gone before they know it.

So i guess my question is,  is the assault better with the vulcan _ Since after that one game i gotta say i seemed to really like the vulcan.  Or possibly the beserker with the vulcan with its ability_ I think my affection towards what i felt for the bruiser was mainly in the vulcan gun itself and not so much in the mech as a whole, cause i dont know how effective hellfires would be (as coming from scout i tend to dodge them easily with cover).  Also coming from a scout im looking for something to play thats a bit different maybe sustained fire vs burst_ even though everyone says burst is so much better :(. But if the assault is just as good a mech as the bruiser with the vulcan as in mowing things down really fast why spend the 12000 hc when i can get the assault_

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#64 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 20 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostSectionZ, on April 17 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on April 17 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

You've read Devs Hate Snipers, haven't you_
I skimmed it a bit for some example material, then ran screaming because even my degree of pettiness over video games couldn't handle it.
Can't .... Stop .... Laughing .... :lol:

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users