HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Rocketeer, the anti fun

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on May 03 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I am so shocked some of you are calling for a nerf and its one of the most unforgiving mechs next to Brawler./...Use cover for gods sake and stop whining like little kids who got there but spanked by mommy.....lol Learn to play and if your in the open a sniper can smack that as easy as a Tow or Hell fires..Grenades anyone_....so use cover or die like the dogs you are.........btw Leave my Dirty Rock Boy a lone.....He needs a Hell fire buff....lol

BTW Kasei, i hate you and your Sig......lol....I really love that very nice.........so jealous...so so so jealous......
times when brawler was unforgiving are long gone.

- lok'tar ogar -

#82 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:51 AM

The Rocketeer is now one of the lowest DPS mech in the game.
So you want still it to be nerfed... cool story bro.
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#83 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 04 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

I am so shocked some of you are calling for a nerf and its one of the most unforgiving mechs next to Brawler./...Use cover for gods sake and stop whining like little kids who got there but spanked by mommy.....lol Learn to play and if your in the open a sniper can smack that as easy as a Tow or Hell fires..Grenades anyone_....so use cover or die like the dogs you are.........btw Leave my Dirty Rock Boy a lone.....He needs a Hell fire buff....lol

BTW Kasei, i hate you and your Sig......lol....I really love that very nice.........so jealous...so so so jealous......

Dude... How in the hell you are supposed to snipe down a C-class at open who has brains enough to get to cover itself. The Rocketeer is just pocket OP he should have less health than other C-classes able to be sniped down like a fly. Basically you need like 2 or 3 damn Sharpshooters against one Rocketeer. Aerial prowess just allows him to do way too much. AND YOU CALL A ******* Hellfire buff NO! Or do you want to be riddled full of holes and torn apart by Bruiser_

Rocketeer literally ruins all fun and it is becoming even more common than an Assault and you do know how much pain it is to bring C-Classes down because of having a ton of health and if they has skill you are just having point of insanity trying to take them all down.
Using your words,every damn mech in the game can be called OP or Antifun,lol no!try using a rocketeer against people who know how to play and flank..rocketeer is made to hold people away from him,though every map gives you the opportunity to flank,use it!

#84 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostOdinous, on May 04 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

Dude... How in the hell you are supposed to snipe down a C-class at open who has brains enough to get to cover itself. The Rocketeer is just pocket OP he should have less health than other C-classes able to be sniped down like a fly. Basically you need like 2 or 3 damn Sharpshooters against one Rocketeer. Aerial prowess just allows him to do way too much. AND YOU CALL A ******* Hellfire buff NO! Or do you want to be riddled full of holes and torn apart by Bruiser_

Rocketeer literally ruins all fun and it is becoming even more common than an Assault and you do know how much pain it is to bring C-Classes down because of having a ton of health and if they has skill you are just having point of insanity trying to take them all down.
Using your words,every damn mech in the game can be called OP or Antifun,lol no!try using a rocketeer against people who know how to play and flank..rocketeer is made to hold people away from him,though every map gives you the opportunity to flank,use it!

Thou it doesn't always work even if you get to flank location Rocketeer still has a lot of damage on disposal and many of the maps are just screaming for more cover against Rocketeer. And were the Seeker too low_ How about giving EOC or Heat... That thing literally becomes most annoying thing what you can fight against. Well playing rocketeer easily wins just everything.

#85 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:03 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 04 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Well playing rocketeer easily wins just everything.
Do you even use cover..._!
Posted Image

#86 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:06 AM

Thou it doesn't always work even if you get to flank location Rocketeer still has a lot of damage on disposal and many of the maps are just screaming for more cover against Rocketeer. And were the Seeker too low_ How about giving EOC or Heat... That thing literally becomes most annoying thing what you can fight against. Well playing rocketeer easily wins just everything.
a hugged rocketeer is mostly a dead one..though you mentioned eoc/heat_if a player has mastered the eoc/heat on rocketeer,you would die whatever mech he is using anyway :P

#87 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:09 AM

View Posthawkenus, on May 04 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Well playing rocketeer easily wins just everything.
Do you even use cover..._!

Does Rocketeer have brain enough to make the hellfires turn around the corner or fly over the cover_

#88 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:17 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 04 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Does Rocketeer have brain enough to make the hellfires turn around the corner or fly over the cover_
Even if he know how to curve the HellFires, they still be no hitting you when you hide good enough even dumbfired or you will just hide behind cover faster so you won't be auto tracked. I really didn't have any problems with dealing with Rocketeers. Warning info about slow HellFires and Seeker is also slow....
Posted Image

#89 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted May 04 2014 - 08:24 AM

you don't play Rocketeer do you...lol
I can tell you just haven't been playing smart..I can tell you if you get close and use cover you can own them more times then they will own you...Play the mech so you can understand its strengths and its weakness...You will understand the meaning of humble...6btw the same can be said about every mech in the game...so that means nothing....ever fight a good Infiltrator_ or a Good Sniper_ Grenadier_better yet a Good Scout pilot...so dont give me the Rock is over powered when it has the lowest damage in the game....if your still getting hit you must be one of those who think there untouchable...lol i got news for you in the battlefield even the pros fall...with a mistake...lol
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#90 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on May 04 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

I can tell you just haven't been playing smart..I can tell you if you get close and use cover you can own them more times then they will own you...Play the mech so you can understand its strengths and its weakness...You will understand the meaning of humble...6btw the same can be said about every mech in the game...so that means nothing....ever fight a good Infiltrator_ or a Good Sniper_ Grenadier_better yet a Good Scout pilot...so dont give me the Rock is over powered when it has the lowest damage in the game....if your still getting hit you must be one of those who think there untouchable...lol i got news for you in the battlefield even the pros fall...with a mistake...lol

I have fought against several good Scouts, (only few good Infiltrators) and rarely I meet any good snipers. + Grenadier with Vulcan is just BS powerful. My Bruiser doesn't see anything else on Infiltrators or Scout than petty piece of night snack. Forcing them to open area combat and engaging with care on open area after luring them there has trashed many Scout pilots by me.

Lowest damage_ I would more say most annoying sustained damage that why he is OP. More I would damn fight against a Brawler as Bruiser with 300 health left. I think Rocketeer should be removed if everybody insists so much on nerfing it. It is way too versatile and all around good. I find myself being more pulled towards a fighting anything else except Rocketeer.

#91 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 04 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on May 04 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

I have fought against several good Scouts, (only few good Infiltrators) and rarely I meet any good snipers. + Grenadier with Vulcan is just BS powerful. My Bruiser doesn't see anything else on Infiltrators or Scout than petty piece of night snack. Forcing them to open area combat and engaging with care on open area after luring them there has trashed many Scout pilots by me.

Lowest damage_ I would more say most annoying sustained damage that why he is OP. More I would damn fight against a Brawler as Bruiser with 300 health left. I think Rocketeer should be removed if everybody insists so much on nerfing it. It is way too versatile and all around good. I find myself being more pulled towards a fighting anything else except Rocketeer.
1- dude_..dudette...
2-If you can take down a Scout and you can't take down a Rocketeer i have no words of advice...I snipe Rocketeers all the time...I can say you need to take a hit if you want to land that death shot...It isn't going to be easy...What ever is in this game.....There are times I find a good Rocketeer and no matter what i do he gets in behind enemy lines and crushes my team ...That doesnt make it OP like you said..That says your team better bring their A game or loose the match...By your own definition every Bruiser and Grenadier is Op...Heck i would argue every darn mech is OP by that very definition...Heck im calling the Devs to give you a nerf since now i see you OPred.......lol
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#92 Abanomex

Abanomex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 06:21 PM

the broken thing with rocketeer is not the hellfires, the hellfires are fine, i could fight against a team full of bruisers and destroy them all, but rocketeers has those broken seekers.

#93 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostAbanomex, on May 04 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

the broken thing with rocketeer is not the hellfires, the hellfires are fine, i could fight against a team full of bruisers and destroy them all, but rocketeers has those broken seekers.
Incin has broken radiators...lol Tech has a broken vampire beam ...lol I mean the list goes on scout has a broken tank of fuel plus speed...lol Infl A class and the air boost are broken ...come on seriously_...Thanks to the Devs the Raider is now over powered....lol so

#94 Thorium123

Thorium123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostSlipperyJohnson, on March 06 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

The most important part of balance for pvp games in developer discussions is making sure classes aren't anti-fun. This means making sure that a game's play isn't unnecessarily worsened by something that takes away parts of what makes a game fun.

The very nature of the Rocketeer is taking away skill from skillshots, it's the class that makes the other side quit as soon as it's entered the enemy team. you could say it's forgiveable as you could argue it needs to be implemented to counter A-classes, but this point alone isn't just what makes rocketeers anti-fun. It takes away any reward of skilful play and dodging when your playing a C, B or A-class., making it detrimental to both sides and when mixed with a massive base armor it's extremely hard to focus down before your team drop like flies, so the solution of taking it out first so we can play a fun normal game again is out of the question.

Don't get me wrong the Rocketeer is beatable and you can prevent a shot with corner dodging, it's not completely broken, it just fundamentally makes the game a worse place to be once they are picked. You can no longer fight in the open, you can no longer dodge and dying to those rockets that have been shot over an obstacle from somebody out of sight is the most frustrating thing in the game right now.

Deal with it

Edited by Thorium123, May 04 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#95 Thorium123

Thorium123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostAbanomex, on May 04 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

they ARE NOT broken, it`s what makes the rocketeer so awesome.

#96 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted May 04 2014 - 10:29 PM

Listen you sons of *fuzzy bunny*, the Rocketeer is fine. I've been killed by plenty and killed plenty. Just because the *fuzzy bunny* hellfire is a pain in the *fuzzy bunny* doesn't mean that it's over powered.

The thing about the hellfire is that it's actually pretty *fuzzy bunny* difficult to use. Regardless as to how "easy" you think it is, if a rocketeer or bruiser is dominating you, it's because they've played that *fuzzy bunny* mech a *fuzzy bunny* lot. It's(they're) a(/) difficult mech(s) to use, and that's what I hate most about them. The *fuzzy bunny* dominations are justified. A good *fuzzy bunny* team with a decent *fuzzy bunny* hellfire will happily take anything you dish out and return just as *fuzzy bunny* much doubled into your furry face. Why_ Because that hellfire jockey sits in the back and fires at you when you're weakest, more often than not. Just like the Predator, they have to *fuzzy bunny* wait until you're downed enough for their weapons to be useful. Does this mean they can't kill you_ *FUZZY BUNNY* NO. They can SHOOT you in your ADORABLE face with their *fuzzy bunny* rockets and blow you to hellfires and back!

AND IT'S JUSTIFIED!

They're not ANYWHERE near as hard as the Predator, so don't go thinking I'm complimenting you. But just because you get dominated, and your team does as well, by one single hellfire user, DOESN'T MEAN the mech is op. It means you're team got picked off easy, and you didn't help them. Period.

I've dominated WHOLE TEAMS as the Predator, and seen kill counts get to 50+ by a good pred (Mine getting to about 45 on a good day.) Yet, people COMPLAIN the *Ultra Fluffy* Predator is UNDER powered. That's right. UNDER. With K/D being 40/1.

So rather than arguing about how cheap it is, learn their tactics and DOMINATE THEM IN RETURN.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#97 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted May 04 2014 - 10:48 PM

To say Hellfire is difficult to use might be pushing it a little.

#98 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:09 AM

Hellfire is not even difficult to use when you have just some sense and creativity to use it. It is like a magnet when locked on a target.

#99 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 05 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Hellfire is not even difficult to use when you have just some sense and creativity to use it. It is like a magnet when locked on a target.

It's pretty difficult to use against good people, since they, firstly, know how to dodge Hellfires,
and secondly, know how to use cover.

Ofcourse Hellfires aren't hard to use in a scrubpub. >_>

View PostKilleR_OrigiNs, on May 04 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

I've dominated WHOLE TEAMS as the Predator, and seen kill counts get to 50+ by a good pred (Mine getting to about 45 on a good day.) Yet, people COMPLAIN the *Ultra Fluffy* Predator is UNDER powered. That's right. UNDER. With K/D being 40/1.

Yeah, it's rather easy to dominate entire teams in Siege in a Predator if it's a pub. ._.
Just kill them when they're low HP or repairing and there you go, 45 kills and dominating them all.
Do you want to be congratulated or something_ :mellow:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#100 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted May 05 2014 - 09:57 AM

I don't mind the Rocketeer Mech itself.  It is not being shot by Hellfires or Seekers that drives me crazy about the Rocketeer. Though like most hang back mech weapons, they seem to rack up the most kills and assists on that open air deathtrap that is Last Eco AA.

What I hate about a good chunk of the people I see playing Rocketeers in Siege, and this is a problem I have been noticing on All C class users at times up to and including FLAK Brawler (We have two incinerators, a Brawler, and a tech at the top of the Ramp on Wreckage. We got this!... Uh, WE GOT THIS... Help_)...  

Is when they spend every AA battle hanging back. in turret mode or out of it, and never setting foot on the AA itself.  Falling back to repair if anyone ever bothers to shoot them down to a mere 80% of their health left, and countering all requests to help capture the AA with "I'm giving support fire!" if you are lucky, or just throwing slurs and insults usually for daring to ask for REAL help.  Or screaming at you for not "protecting their flank",  because obviously you should be able to protect their backside parked 50 to 100 feet away from flankers while you are standing on the AA.  Why can't your assault's bullets curve around the cover the Rocketeer was hiding behind when a raider rammed a gun up his robutt_  You selfish jerk, think of their poor KDR.

I have both lost, and WON Siege matches thanks to this KDR above all else mindset on C classes.  All the Seekers and Hellfires or Fireballs and Vanguard grenades in the world can't capture the AA themselves, if they never leave the top of the ramp on Wreckage, or the walkway cover on Front Line, or the ridges of Eco, etc.

So yes, I have seen plenty of Rocketeers being the Anti-Fun.  But not for reasons of "Oh my god these seeking weapons are a pain in my robutt", just for how it seems to encourage KDR coddling tactics over EU collecting or AA capture in a lot of it's players.

To chime in on the Cool Kids "Hellfires are HARD GUYS" chorus (I'll admit, outside of popping flying A classes I keep finding myself wishing for a TOW instead while I've been on a bruiser binge).  Has anybody mentioned that Bubble shields seem to mess with your ability to lock on_  They don't even have to be inside it, just having a bubble shield between you and them has meant No Lock for my Bruiser a lot of the time.  It doesn't happen ALL the time though so I keep trying.

Edited by SectionZ, May 05 2014 - 09:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users