HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Learn Tactics before badmouthingTeammates

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Lonewulf1

Lonewulf1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 05:11 PM

The only time the SS is allowed to sit back and snipe is when the AA is yours. If your team has to cap it however every mech is needed in the area to ensure supremacy. No exception. SS can still kick on mid to close range.
Posted Image

#22 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted March 20 2014 - 04:48 AM

If you do not control the point, the answer to every protest of "I'm a suchandsuch! I should be doing suchandsuch" is the same as it has been in every goddamn fuzzy bunny game since Tribes:

"Get on the point."

No exceptions. You're an SS_ Grstz, you get to practice no-scoping! Rocketeer_ Get into turret mode and enjoy blindfire missile spam. You'll have teammates to keep folks off your backside. Reaper_ I'm sorry what part of medium-to-close range combat do you hate when your team is providing all that delicious mobile cover. Incinerator_ Have you forgotten about your stomp_ And before anyone asks, "What if my team isn't there_" please refer to the thesis statement.

Get on the point. No exceptions.

As to how to get people to actually DO that, well, I gave up a decade ago and now just say in team chat what i'm doing and hope someone with an active brain cell or, failing that, a conscience will follow. Frequently that is,

"AA now"
or
"Enough EU, AA now."
or
"S1 now."

Sometimes I'll say please!

But generally if I'm that desperate it comes out as,

"JESUS CHRIST IN HEAVEN HOW HARD IS IT TO GET INTO THE GLOWING fuzzy bunny BOX_!"

#23 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted March 20 2014 - 06:00 AM

Oh man-- the joys of public matches.

How many times I saw, and still see, people sniping and/or lingering just outside the bubble. When we needed just one more person inside it.

Usually, I dont care a lot when this happens, after a few tries if see that teamwork is failing I just switch to my personal TDM match.

Edited by Opicron, March 20 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Posted Image#94 it used to be

#24 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted March 20 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostOpicron, on March 20 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

Oh man-- the joys of public matches.

How many times I saw, and still see, people sniping and/or lingering just outside the bubble. When we needed just one more person inside it.

Usually, I dont care a lot when this happens, after a few tries if see that teamwork is failing I just switch to my personal TDM match.
I'm by far not the best player , mediocre at best. I do try to pay attention to whats going, some one says go to the AA that's where I head just to find out I'm alone and all of a sudden I'm spawning on the other side of the map ............. again. [O well the good games still out way the bad ones for me they are awesome when they come together!] :)

Edited by hoghead, March 20 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#25 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted March 20 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostExeon, on March 10 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

What warlordz said
Posted ImageWarlordZ has plenty of likes, Exeon I  agree with you!!! ;)

Edited by hoghead, March 20 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#26 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 21 2014 - 06:51 AM

I honestly think that -at least most of the times- the word please will solve most of your issues on team work. You also should not forget about that there're new players that are still assimilating almost everything on the battlefield so they can get pretty distracted during the combat.

I think that this is all about suggesting and sharing intel much more than to end up yelling and going mad against your team mates. We all may have one of those days but according to my own experience (and I've been playing this game since day.. 1,5 or 2_) that would the proper way..

Just my 2 cents on this.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#27 kerberan

kerberan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 12:13 PM

Well, today I saw it all. A player shooting at the battleship while at the AA there was no one and while his teammate was dying beside him. I even saw a player defending the AA while shooting at his own battleship :blink:

What use is the badmouthing in these situations_ It is obvious that these are new players and you can help by explaining them how to play and you will make better experience for everyone (well, I must confess, I started shooting at the second guy because he didn't read the team chat ^_^ and shooting at him was the only way to get his attention).

Sometimes people start badmouthing for just loosing a balanced game. I think they are the worst because they just think they are superior than everyone and that it's everybody's fault but his.

#28 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 02:06 PM

Snipers and Hellfires topside. Rest under roof. Easy simple and it works.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#29 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 24 2014 - 02:19 PM

I wonder when we're getting that story mode.

#30 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:02 PM

The main thing that irritates me is that people launch even if the entire enemy team is on top of the AA. You never want to launch when the enemy occupies the AA. Your ship will die long before it can even deal any damage, and you'll just have to get all that EU all over again.

That and when people won't get on the point, I just quote the TF2 Medic: "Standing near za point does nothing... GET ON ZA POINT, DUMBKOF!!!"

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 01 2014 - 06:25 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#31 kerberan

kerberan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 01 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

The main thing that irritates me is that people launch even if the entire enemy team is on top of the AA. You never want to launch when the enemy occupies the AA. Your ship will die long before it can even deal any damage, and you'll just have to get all that EU all over again.

I tried to explain this once to my teammates and in return I just got a big fat "F*ck you!" :P

#32 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:33 AM

Its really hard to have a solid strategy or tactic without the use of mics.
Once you get past the simple all go aa and collect green basics, talk is important and there usually isn't time to stop and type out instruction.

#33 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 21 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

I honestly think that -at least most of the times- the word please will solve most of your issues on team work.

Nobody got time to beg someone else to do something they are SUPPOSE to be doing, this is not a kindergarten. If you don't know what you should be doing, ASK. If you don't understand an instruction or advice, ASK. If you don't agree with an instruction, ASK. Keeping quiet and being stubborn helps nobody.

---

In general, people resort to badmouthing when teammates fail to respond or communicate in any way shape or form after the player has repeated explained what needs to be done. If you cannot even make the slightest effort to communicate with your team in the most team-reliant mode there in this game, then you have nobody but yourself to blame for losing or making people upset.

View Postcaduceus26, on March 10 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

It is kinda dumb to yell and cuss at a SS telling him to get in the AA while he is doing what snipers do.  If there are too many snipers on the team, suggest that someone swtch to another mech. Otherwise, let him play his role.

You can snipe perfectly fine from AA, covering the chokepoints and all. The issue comes when snipers are sniping from all the way back at spawn or whereever that is far away from AA, the enemies can easily duck behind a cover after taking a couple hits and heal up, you are in no position to rely on your teamies to dive into enemy crowd and hopefully pick off a wounded unit or two, get in there and do it yourself.

Also, being there as an extra bait is ALWAYS helpful for your team. You could have half a team of really skilled sniper laying down cover fire, but none of which will matter when the entire enemy team stare down at one or two Assaults/Zerkers/Raiders that are rushing in, trying to wrestle for AA control, they WILL get mangled faster than whatever the snipers can help achieve. Also, reinforcements join the fray constantly, unless your amazing sniping skill can somehow wipe the entire team off AA, it will never get anywhere.

So, just get on the bloody AA. Or better, play something else on Siege to understand from other players' prespective better, you'll very quickly realize that enemy snipers pose absolutely no threat whatsoever.

Edited by reVelske, April 02 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#34 xXxF4gg0txXx

xXxF4gg0txXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:56 AM

While i agree with most points you stated, i hardly disagree with 1 of em. "It is just a game afterall" , that is the mating call of a loser justifying himself. Play for nothing but victory, that is the meaning of games/competing/betting whatever you want to call it.

We play because we want to win, no one gets anything for losing except a feeling of frustration.

So if you want to fuzzy bunny around and don't take things seriously, go play singleplayer games. If you think what you do is trolling, think again, it is not, you are telling that to yourself that you are not even trying to convince yourself and others that you are not bad. Some losers take it even so far that they hack and pretend to be good eventually starting to believe their own lie.

And another thing, if you care to respond and take the effort to post and reply to others you are a nerd yourself (if you care so much to post such a massive thread you are nerdy as fuzzy bunny and what you said). Don't fool yourself, you are here reading this because your nerdy side tells you to. Embrace it/accept it that all gamers are nerds that have some issues when it comes to losing. And yes, i mean YOU the one that is currently reading this. Think about it and be honest to yourself.

Thank you for trying to improve the community but DON'T use a sentence such as "it is only a game" after you took that much effort to elaborate your thoughts to everyone trying to actively accomplish something.

Just to make things clear, i am NOT just talking to OP i am talking to EVERYONE who reads this. There is a reason why you are here reading this and the reason is YOU ARE A GAMER! Be proud of it don't ditch yourself by saying it is ONLY a game, because it is NOT. And with every loss something dies inside you. Now go out there and WIN ;)

Truly yours,

A Nerd

Edited by xXxF4gg0txXx, April 02 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#35 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostreVelske, on April 02 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I honestly think that -at least most of the times- the word please will solve most of your issues on team work.

So, just get on the bloody AA. Or better, play something else on Siege to understand from other players' prespective better, Since you quoted this relatively old post let me be clear. The post addressed the issue of teammates' rude behavior toward other teammates in Siege--not the merits of playing snipers in that mode.  I don't play Sniper in Siege although mine has the highest KDR of any of my mechs. This ain't my first rodeo so I'm well past the point of needing a tutorial on this game mode. I've got more playing time in Siege than many players have in the game. you'll very quickly realize that enemy snipers pose absolutely no threat whatsoever. Unless you're killed by one several times in a game because you weren't aware of the situation.

Let me summarize again:  Being rude to teammates will accomplish bupkis other than 1) p1$$ing them off 2) causing them to ignore you, and 3) getting yourself worked up over nothing.  Better to suck it up and hope that your next team will work together better than the last--or take the abandon penalty hit and bail (unless your teammates do so first) 'cause yelling, railing, and cussing won't secure a win.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#36 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:31 AM

In general, people resort to badmouthing when teammates fail to respond or communicate in any way shape or form after the player has repeated explained what needs to be done. If you cannot even make the slightest effort to communicate with your team in the most team-reliant mode there in this game, then you have nobody but yourself to blame for losing or making people upset.

Quoting my own damn post because it works as a perfectly fine response. If you've chosen not to communicate with your team and continued to fail at doing what you should do, as far as I'm concerned, other players have every right to get upset. Is it justified to badmouth others_ Absolutely not, but it is perfectly understandable.

And how is this suddenly not a matter of snipers_ I quoted the exact part of the post that speaks of snipers and referred specifically to the scenario you've posed. But sure, let's take "bad sniper" out of the equation. You are basically saying that "OMG STOP GETTING ANGRY AT STUPID CHILDREN DOING STUPID THINGS", to that I say, if the stupid children are ruining the playground for all the other not-so-stupid children, then them being cussed is them getting off easy, they should be beaten as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by reVelske, April 02 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#37 xXxF4gg0txXx

xXxF4gg0txXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostreVelske, on April 02 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Quoting my own damn post because it works as a perfectly fine response. If you've chosen not to communicate with your team and continued to fail at doing what you should do, as far as I'm concerned, other players have every right to get upset. Is it justified to badmouth others_ Absolutely not, but it is perfectly understandable.

And how is this suddenly not a matter of snipers_ I quoted the exact part of the post that speaks of snipers and referred specifically to the scenario you've posed. But sure, let's take "bad sniper" out of the equation. You are basically saying that "OMG STOP GETTING ANGRY AT STUPID CHILDREN DOING STUPID THINGS", to that I say, if the stupid children are ruining the playground for all the other not-so-stupid children, then them being cussed is them getting off easy, they should be beaten as far as I'm concerned.

Nevermind

Edited by xXxF4gg0txXx, April 02 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#38 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted April 02 2014 - 11:25 AM

Reading with comprehension is a learned skill.

Edit:  It is one thing to quote what I said.  It is an entirely different matter to tell me what I meant.

Edited by caduceus26, April 02 2014 - 01:03 PM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#39 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 12:15 PM

I honestly think that -at least most of the times- the word please will solve most of your issues on team work. You also should not forget about that there're new players that are still assimilating almost everything on the battlefield so they can get pretty distracted during the combat.

I think that this is all about suggesting and sharing intel much more than to end up yelling and going mad against your team mates. We all may have one of those days but according to my own experience (and I've been playing this game since day.. 1,5 or 2_) that would the proper way..

Just my 2 cents on this.

It's not a matter of being polite, it's a matter of having a brain.
If the team needs to capture the AA and a guy picks a sniper, that guy is stupid, period.
When you're in the mud, you need every man down there with you. Even a CR-T will do much better than a sniper when you need to capture a position.

Whatever, I no longer play Siege because it seems to me that there are players who just seek the sniper shootout. They don't give a fuzzy bunny about playing Siege and winning the game. They just want to snipe, and Siege is the best way to have some sniper action, most specially when the enemy is at the AA.

Edited by Phantasmo, April 02 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#40 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 02 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostPhantasmo, on April 02 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Just my 2 cents on this.

It's not a matter of being polite, it's a matter of having a brain. -> We all should be polite during a game; always.

If the team needs to capture the AA and a guy picks a sniper, that guy is stupid, period. -> That's your opinion. I do not concur though.. although, I've not said anything about that in the post you're quoting made by me above..

When you're in the mud, you need every man down there with you. Even a CR-T will do much better than a sniper when you need to capture a position. -> Not necessarily.. that would depend on many factors. As for example (and mainly) what's the other team doing and how are they working from a tactical & strategical standpoint.

Whatever, I no longer play Siege because it seems to me that there are players who just seek the sniper shootout. They don't give a fuzzy bunny about playing Siege and winning the game. They just want to snipe, and Siege is the best way to have some sniper action, most specially when the enemy is at the AA. -> Obviously if your team is unappropiately abusing of an strategy/tactic/s or don't know what they doing on the battlefield then you won't win the match. So not a terrible comment from you here; but absolutes are not the way on the battlefield, IMHO. I like more sophisticated possibilities on the field; so to speak.

Edit: typos

Edited by The_Silencer, April 02 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users