HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Few Questions on the Predator

Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 07:21 PM

I've been playing around in my Predator recently and I have a few questions that I know some of you can answer:

First off, since the new TTK update and such, has the firing speed (RoF) of the Breacher increased or stayed the same_ If I am going to die faster than before, then I would at least want to get some shots in instead of having my Primary hang uselessly at my side. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain about the new TTK.)

Secondly, what is the current effective range of the Breacher_ It's obviously not a long range weapon, but I thought that it at least had mid-range capabilities. I find it doing it's best in CQC, but I would like to see it become a little more versatile, considering that the EOC Pred is  very, very limited to what it can do besides laying traps (Which, by the way, are a hell of a lot of fun).

Third, do you think the EOC Pred should have increased projectile speed_ Or do you think it should stay limited to what it was built for, and remain the way it is_ (I personally think there could be a slight increase in movement.)

And lastly, what are your opinions on this mech_ Is it overpowered, under-powered, or balanced_ What adjustments do you think should be made, if any_ How skilled are you with this mech_

Thanks for any feedback bros.

Edited by Trych, March 12 2014 - 07:22 PM.

ideas are bad

#2 Nigrodamis

Nigrodamis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:03 PM

in my opinion the armor is a lil weak and the eoc repeater could shoot faster. The eoc predator could pack a lil more punch too. Or even better, have a different mode in which you charge the eoc predator and it shoots 5 mines at once.

#3 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:24 AM

Hi Trych,

The Predator is probably one of the weaker mechs out there but one of the most fun.  
Good players can efffectively duel or ambush w/ it (but they could do the same w/ other mechs too).
As for tweaks, I think a slight decrease in heat generation for EOC and Breecher would be good.
I also believe Hellfires shouldn't be able to lock on to mech when cloaked.  

The Breecher is effectively a secondary weapon so I'm fine w/ it having a longer cooldown.  
As for range, if you look at the radar, it's radius is about 120m.  Targets that are halfway from you or closer are ideal for hitting w/ the Breecher flak.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#4 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:04 PM

Eoc Predator limited_ i hit a guy from other side of the map with it lol

EOC Reapeater shot in same time with eoc predator unleash preadator full damage

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game