HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buff the predator

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 10:31 AM

Invisibility can get out of hand if you don't balance it very carefully.

#22 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 16 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostTrisdino, on March 16 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Wait... is the EOC not supposed to shoot sticky's_

Mine explode after just a few seconds. I hope I am doing something wrong, because if it is actually that bad, I want a refund

EOC R is supposed to detonate after some time automatically, you're not doing anything wrong, and it's actually a very good weapon. Yes, supposed to be sticky to walls and the such.

If you're referencing the EOC P, the mines do detonate after 5 minutes if no one trips them and you don't die. They are supposed to be sticky.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#23 Trisdino

Trisdino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 10:44 AM

Okay, well, this mech is awful. At first I thought that I could use the EOC R to make traps, in which case it may be decent. Since that is not the case, I have clearly wasted my money, and would like all currencies spent on this mech returned, as it is not fit for purpose.

#24 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:05 AM

Another example of someone who gets wrecked while playing so he feels the class needs to be buffed.

#25 doujutsu501

doujutsu501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:10 AM

i used the predator a whole day with a test drive, and i have to say that it sucks. i haven't killed anytime with it. so i agree to your opinion
they shuld put more damage and acuracy to the primary weap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#26 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostTrisdino, on March 16 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Okay, well, this mech is awful. At first I thought that I could use the EOC R to make traps, in which case it may be decent. Since that is not the case, I have clearly wasted my money, and would like all currencies spent on this mech returned, as it is not fit for purpose.

Predator is a tough one to learn. Use the EOC P for traps and use the EOC R for more zoning purposes is how I see it.

Just because you, or anyone has difficulty using it, doesn't mean it needs a buff. Predator is really quite fine in my opinion, apart from a slight heat tweak and the slightest fire rate increase.

Oh I forgot, the T32 needs a buff, poor thing's been nerfed too hard.

Edited by Silverfire, March 16 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#27 Trisdino

Trisdino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:11 AM

Oh yes, because I am the only one who feels that this class is under powered. Apparently, if you think a class needs a buff, it means that you are simply a newb, no matter how many others agree, because it is utterly unthinkable that it may actually be under powered.

#28 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:43 AM

All predator weapons are good but that fuzzy bunny idiotic long time reload is so anoying

Posted Image

#29 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:45 AM

It could be that it is not an easy class to pick up and use. It's not like the assault class. Not until rank 4 did I get good with it.

Edited by Farlanghn, March 16 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#30 Trisdino

Trisdino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:48 AM

Again, the predator would probably be good if the time between shots was not so absurdly long. It may not seem like a lot, but compared to all of the other classes, it leaves you open to attacks for far to long

#31 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 12:22 PM

Are you trying to lvl mechs_ List a couple mechs that beat you one on one and about I can help_ Berzeker_ Assault_ Raiders_

#32 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:07 PM

I really like the Predator - the EOC combo especially - but it has to be said its' meta game sucks hard. Setting up specific traps and hiding and hoping that you can pick off a repairing mech is a very contrived way to play and easily countered. Blasting towards an enemy with a zerker and unloading on them with ballistic barrage is not (especially if you're chasing a predator, it's basically a free kill) In fact if you're in any match where there are a lot of quick flyers with air-dash on the opposing team your predator immediately becomes much less useful. Doubly so on any map where there are large open areas and lots of room to fly and many areas to traverse. The predator can shine on Uptown but be completely outclassed by everything else on Bunker.

#33 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:24 PM

That's basically why you choose the right mech for the match and setting. That's why there is so many to choose from.

#34 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted March 16 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostStingz, on March 16 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Breacher charged has travel time since it's a projectile,

No. It's hitscan. How did this thread get this far without anyone correcting this_

#35 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 16 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostKopra, on March 16 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostStingz, on March 16 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Breacher charged has travel time since it's a projectile,

No. It's hitscan. How did this thread get this far without anyone correcting this_

It's hitscan!_!  How_ D:  I always lead my shots with the charged breacher and hit targets that are moving.

#36 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 16 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on March 16 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

That's basically why you choose the right mech for the match and setting. That's why there is so many to choose from.

Uh, that's my point in a nut-shell. For what solid reason would you choose the Predator at all_ It's not a strong mech, and is even worse on maps that are quite open (which is most of them). On the choked-up maps where its contrived tactics can be useful, plenty of other mechs are just as good if not better for the fact they can duel.

There's no real rational incentive to use predator other than for the fuzzy bunny and giggles and if you just like being different. Which is why I use it. But my preference doesn't stop it being average at best and cannon fodder at worst.

#37 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 04:42 PM

I agree that the Predator could use a slight buff. However, in regards to where it is at currently, it requires tremendous skill to pilot. I bought it a little while ago and sucked like you would not believe, but after playing it for a couple of weeks I finally adapted to its play-style. Of course I rarely topped the carousel in any match, but I had some really nice K/D ratios.

I continue to play it and get SOOO much satisfaction when my mine traps kill an unsuspecting player. It's unique, and I think that is why its hard for people to perform well with it at first, though I think it still could use some polish.

ideas are bad

#38 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 05:27 PM

Okay,

The predator is not like the movie. With 16 Mechs, they all have a different role.
Assault
Suppression
Defensive
Assassination
Ranged
Support
The predator is a defensive mech. There is a reason why it only has charge weapons because you are supposed to come from behind and pick mechs off. If ever I see a mech with full health I do not engage, You are slow and damage output is not that great. Your role is to flank and capture points if in MA or in TDM pick off those mechs that flee and go to heal.

This is a mech that is good for certain lvls. In games like battlefield I only play certain classes on certain lvls for a reason. Same with this game. Choke points are what you want to look for. You can tell a pro predator player because they know this. Stalker is the name of the ability! Remember that 10 mines together will kill an A-class in one hit. Serves them right, because 10 mines can be easy to see.

Dodge in and out of cover! An awesome tactic is to go stealth and circle a pillar if you are fighting someone. They can barely see you and then keep picking them off.

Levels you want to play a predator on:
Last Eco lay mines in the glass. MA you want them in the grass towards silos so when guys go running in they get hit.
Wreckage has so many places to put them.  
Origin and Uptown also have lots of good spots.

When laying mines enemies can see you on the radar so always look around.

Weapons:
Repeater all the way. Mines, Mines, and more Mines! Remember a side dodge will keep your charge. Dodge in and out of cover.

Items that works for me:
Scambler- Hide you when enemies come around and when you strike they dont really know where you are since you cloak again
and recently the detonator for alpha striking.

internals:
Stock coil- No fall damage. Any damage brings you out of stealth
deflector-When in a fight side dodge and running are things you must do.
advanced reconstructor- This is something that will keep you alive. If you do get in a fight and know you cant win, RUN!!! If you manage to get away you can cloak and after a few secs you start gaining mad health back. Then the enemy will start to heal and alpha strike his ass again.

Finally this is a game. The predator is more like playing chess. Imagine killing someone with a "weaker mech". Its like a slap in the face. If it isn't then you taunt and that sure is! Learn to have more fun man. Dont smash your keyboard in half. The Devs made this class and played it for hours learning how to use the thing. Other classes are just pick up and play but who likes to do that.

Think about it this way...
Predator= The demon souls mech.
Everyone can kick your ass but after learning it not everyone will.

Edited by Farlanghn, March 16 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#39 DeathZHero

DeathZHero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 05:36 PM

I agree that the predator needs some change. I just unlocked it, thinking that i would be able to flank my enemies and unleash a ton of damage, but that just doesn't happen. A lot of the comments talk about how the predator is meant to lay down mines and wait for an enemy to come by, but the game is usually at a much to fast pace for this. The predator should be able to flank enemies, jump out of stalker mode and destroy the target. I agree that the weapons are way too under-powered for the predator to be considered a threat, which is sad because i think it has a lot of potential. I would actually like to see the breacher  as the secondary weapon. This might be the small change the predator needs.

#40 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostDeathZHero, on March 16 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

I agree that the predator needs some change. I just unlocked it, thinking that i would be able to flank my enemies and unleash a ton of damage,

Still not that type of mech. The Mech would be so unbalanced if you could cloak and uncloak and then do more damage. The forums would be exploding saying, "The predator is so OP!!"

Edited by Farlanghn, March 16 2014 - 05:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users