HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buff the predator

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:44 PM

If u want a good score with predator play siege and put mine under AA

Posted Image

#42 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:21 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 16 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

View PostKopra, on March 16 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostStingz, on March 16 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Breacher charged has travel time since it's a projectile,

No. It's hitscan. How did this thread get this far without anyone correcting this_

It's hitscan!_!  How_ D:  I always lead my shots with the charged breacher and hit targets that are moving.

Latency and humongous hitboxes, since there is no lag compensation. You are probably mistaking the cosmetic tracer effect for a projectile, but the Breacher is and always has been fully hitscan.

#43 SilverStalker

SilverStalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:45 AM

Stalk. Observe. Lay mines. Wait. Surprise Buttseck. Repeat. It's doing fine. The only thing that need buff is the T32 bolt

#44 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:48 AM

They Should Replace T-32 bolt with a automatic shotgun same as raider have

Posted Image

#45 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 05:50 AM

i agree with the T-32 bolt being utter rubbish, apart from that the pred is fine how it is now

this is a mech that isnt ment to win 1v1 fights, it is designed finish off low HP mechs, lure the enermy into traps and genneraly be a huge pain in the exaust port.

now i rarely play anything but my EOC pred, in seige and MA it can make the other team scream at their PCs, in DM and TDM its perfect for picking off low HP mechs.

this is one of the few mechs that requires brainpower over twich skill.

dont buff the pred, buff your brain.

#46 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted March 17 2014 - 07:04 AM

I've only been playing seriously for like 3 weeks, and I have to say, the Predator is fine the way it is, though I'd agree the T-32 bolt is a terrible weapon. It barely does any damage and doesn't "feel" tight. Though I'd be careful of any sort of damage buff, because as someone else pointed out stealth is hella difficult to balance. When I first started playing, I thought it was complete fuzzy bunny how difficult it was to kill things with the Predator compared to the Recruit. But now that I have a solid grasp on the thing, I love this mech. I prefer the Breacher to the EOC R, but that's a personal call and I got completely wiped by a dude playing with EOC R the other day.

That being said, there should be a warning of some kind because the learning curve on this thing is STEEP. It's not a beginner mech (even though it was like my 2nd). Also, taking it as one of your first mechs completely screws up your gameplay and you don't learn the importance of NEVER STOP MOVING. I am at such a disadvantage because I went from 1-20 with solely this mech. But that's a personal failing. :P

Seriously, don't duel, don't move with or near your team, flank, be patient and ACT like an actual predator.

Which is to say: kill the sick and infirm.

#47 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostAboveTheSky, on March 17 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

They Should Replace T-32 bolt with a automatic shotgun same as raider have

This guy still doesn't get it.

#48 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 08:06 AM

replace the T-32 with anything and it will be an improvment, auto shotgun sounds good to me as it will give some sustained damage output

#49 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 17 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostMadman01, on March 17 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

replace the T-32 with anything and it will be an improvment, auto shotgun sounds good to me as it will give some sustained damage output

ReFlak has insane heat, and won't help Predator at all.

If you want a sustained DPS mech then take Assault or Beserker.

Edited by Stingz, March 17 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#50 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostMadman01, on March 17 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

If you put a reflak on the predator you would still get your a:ss handed to you no, it wouldn't help!

#51 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 17 2014 - 11:27 AM

Instead of replacing the T32 Bolt, how about if the weapon was just fixed_ I mean like, I used to do decent witha Bolt Pred before the nerf.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#52 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 17 2014 - 11:27 AM

Double post sorcery!

Edited by Silverfire, March 17 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#53 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 17 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostKopra, on March 17 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 16 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

View PostKopra, on March 16 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostStingz, on March 16 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Breacher charged has travel time since it's a projectile,

No. It's hitscan. How did this thread get this far without anyone correcting this_

It's hitscan!_!  How_ D:  I always lead my shots with the charged breacher and hit targets that are moving.

Latency and humongous hitboxes, since there is no lag compensation. You are probably mistaking the cosmetic tracer effect for a projectile, but the Breacher is and always has been fully hitscan.

That's interesting.  Never knew that, lol.  

View PostSilverfire, on March 17 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Instead of replacing the T32 Bolt, how about if the weapon was just fixed_ I mean like, I used to do decent witha Bolt Pred before the nerf.

I dunno, I think it'd be fun if Predator had miniflak or ReFlak.

#54 Beertaster

Beertaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 01:04 PM

How long did it take this guy to get to rank 4 before learning to use the mech right. A massive difficulty curve is no way to justify your argument. It is a terrible flaw in design and game play. I would also bet that if you sink as much time into another mech you would do as well or better than with predator. Let's just say it, the reward for playing predator does not match the difficulty given. Even if skilled players can reliably kill almost dead enemies retreating to repair. There is still a white elephant in the room un answered. How does the predator win games when all matches are 5v6 skirmishes because the guy playing predator is either invisible behind them doing nothing and waiting, or in the fight with sub par weaponry to team fight. So if the enemy is winning the 5v6 the predator will be dead weight to his team.
   Sure the predator's kit is made to assassinate, but outside or being caught alone there is again a massive skill floor to working the gun to recieve a decent damage output. Its far more difficult than holding down M1 and letting the assualt rifle peel health.

I find the predator to be demanding to the point its frustrating, those sticky bombs has such a small raduis in such large maps with wide open sapces that they are again difficult and relatively useless.

Oh another lesson about balance Valve made the TF2 spy completely invisible because of how adept players are at identifying visual counterplay. At higher competative levels players will always notice a predator if he's in the field of vison, same with the stickies. Funny Valve balanced stickes by including a large blast raduis but also make they large and easily found. Stickies can still be hidden, but the wary can still avoid them. Really that a note from them, it'll do wonders for predator play and counterplay.

Edited by Beertaster, March 18 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#55 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 18 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostBeertaster, on March 18 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Oh another lesson about balance Valve made the TF2 spy completely invisible because of how adept players are at identifying visual counterplay. At higher competative levels players will always notice a predator if he's in the field of vison, same with the stickies. Funny Valve balanced stickes by including a large blast raduis but also make they large and easily found. Stickies can still be hidden, but the wary can still avoid them. Really that a note from them, it'll do wonders for predator play and counterplay.

Predator cloak isn't meant for walking in-front of an aware opponent, it's for sneaking around when they're distracted.
Stickybombs work in TF2 since there's medkits everywhere, and there's objectives in each round.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.

#56 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 18 2014 - 08:31 PM

Medkits... self repair_ Same dif

And there's more to Hawken than TDM.

Anyway, I'd like to see the Predator get increased walk speed and flying ability. It's quite cumbersome for something that's supposed to involve sneaking about.

#57 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostTrisdino, on March 16 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Wait... is the EOC not supposed to shoot sticky's_

Mine explode after just a few seconds. I hope I am doing something wrong, because if it is actually that bad, I want a refund

The EOC repeater or EOC Predator_ The EOC repeater is meant as a high burst damage direct strike ambush weapon. It does high damage if all the pucks from a fully charged shot hit. If they miss, they attach to a surface and explode on their own after a few seconds or when an enemy walks over them. The EOC predator shoots individual mines rather than bursts, but the mines stay put indefinitely until detonated or triggered.
Posted Image

#58 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 19 2014 - 04:24 PM

One other small change that would help is changing EOC Pred mines so that they can detonate EOC Repeater mines. Right now it only works one way - EOC Repeater mines detonate your pred mines.

#59 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 19 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postmccrorie, on March 19 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

One other small change that would help is changing EOC Pred mines so that they can detonate EOC Repeater mines. Right now it only works one way - EOC Repeater mines detonate your pred mines.

Don't forget that we need the mines to fly faster and that we should be able to explode them in mid air.

#60 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 19 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 19 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Don't forget that we need the mines to fly faster and that we should be able to explode them in mid air.

Last time I used EOC Pred I'm quite sure you can air detonate the mines. Not exact on this since it was a testdrive a while back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users