HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

MADKAT Strategic Warfare Group

Forum Clan Game Alpha Beta

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Loveless

Loveless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 25 2012 - 11:43 PM

Posted Image

The Hawken Strategic Warfare Group, MADKAT, has officially been established! This clan takes a serious emphasis on planning out our team compositions and employing coordinated tactics to win their fights. MADKAT is not going to isolate out players based on skill, but we do have the requirement that you take the word, Strategy, seriously. Not a no fun group by any means, but we would like a serious environment. Voice communication is a requirement to be in MADKAT and we are looking for players who are on nightly. MADKAT is a North America based group, so due to how server connections work, you are required to live in either the United States or Canada.

A little bit about myself, I am a 23 year old male living in California. I played Mech Warrior 3 quite religiously, which is why I would like to find a group of competitive players who take prior planning before their games seriously. I can tell you that the thought process behind a team mech composition was 90% of the fun. A little side information, I was ranked top ten in Mech Assault 2 for at least a month along with a few of my friends being in the top 50. As far as FPS games go, I never really played any seriously besides UT and Halo 3, the latter I held onto a 4.1:1 ratio before they wiped the data + I stopped playing. I do not find the newer FPS games that fun because of the communities, so I never touched them.

So, less about myself now. I am just looking for at most a dozen players, depending on the maximum players in team games, which is still undetermined from what I understand. I am currently in Alpha 2 and anyone else who is that is looking for a similar experience as myself, should definitely apply and we can get a head start! To apply, simply send me a message about yourself and what you are looking for in your HAWKEN experience. I would like to keep the topic for questions and discussions, so keep your applications to PM. If you are accepted, I will give you my Skype information, so make sure you have an account to add me with! I prefer to use Skype as using another form of voice communication causes reliability issues and getting a hold of players through Skype is a breeze.

EDIT1: We have a member willing to host a Mumble server specifically for MADKAT, so if you are not comfortable with Skype (many are), we have this option available and will most likely become our primary source of Voice Communication.

EDIT2: Open Beta has arrived and there is no better time to join! Please send information to me about yourself, hours available, preferred play style, preferred loadouts, everything you can to help me organize the group to best fit our members!

With great interest,

Loveless

Edited by Loveless, December 21 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#2 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 12:00 AM

Im interested if you guys play with voice coms

Posted Image

#3 Loveless

Loveless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 26 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postmydoom, on September 26 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Im interested if you guys play with voice coms
I figured this was a given. Of course we will playing with voice communication, that is the only way to play team oriented game!

#4 Mykep

Mykep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted September 26 2012 - 02:31 PM

Sounds cool. When it gets closer to Open Beta, I'll keep you guys in mind! I really enjoy a clan based around the game it is involved in.

It's the herc, chicks dig the herc

Posted Image

#5 metalgearmk3

metalgearmk3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted September 26 2012 - 03:03 PM

Looks interesting! definitely something i'm interested in once we are in Open Beta.

#6 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 03:21 PM

I like your style Loveless, count me in.

Posted Image

#7 _newnia

_newnia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 05:55 PM

This looks like exactly what I want out of a clan. I can promise every other night, a full application will come soon.

#8 Embermouth

Embermouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 06:10 PM

Im interested as well. Looking for a clan that actually uses strategy going into a match, plus playing solo with pug groups can get aggravating.

Is there a website for the clan_

Edited by Embermouth, September 27 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#9 Loveless

Loveless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 27 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostEmbermouth, on September 27 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Is there a website for the clan_
I never saw the point in using a website and it just felt like a waste of resources. For a small group there really isn't a use for it and would just be wasted space.

#10 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 27 2012 - 07:00 PM

yeah of all clans, this is why i joined this one, and im extra picky.

Posted Image

#11 Elky

Elky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 08:43 PM

I love the strategy oriented clans. I myself being a Promod player think that planning and communication are key to winning a match. I will definitely keep this clan in mind.

#12 DJblackthorne

DJblackthorne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States. Texas

Posted September 28 2012 - 01:43 AM

Certainly would like to join a smaller group, especially one that will focus on playing the game strategically. I'll have time to make an application in a few hours.

Time to reinstall Skype and Mumble, i wonder if I'll find the push to talk option in Skype this time

#13 Organic

Organic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:18 AM

interested

#14 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted September 28 2012 - 04:14 AM

I like what I see, especially the use of Skype. But it looks like me living in Texas is a problem according to your app.
Posted Image

#15 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 28 2012 - 11:36 AM

This one looks like the clan for me.
Skype would be perfect for VOIP communication.

I play a very team oriented game, mostly A and B type mechs, and have been leader board top in almost all matches now.

- There is nothing like a Vulture -

#16 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostDbes, on September 28 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

This one looks like the clan for me.
Skype would be perfect for VOIP communication.

I play a very team oriented game, mostly A and B type mechs, and have been leader board top in almost all matches now.
A lot of new people on lately, and for that reason many of the skilled players haven't been playing. Not trying to take anything from you but there is a learning curve.

Edited by QuanZen, September 28 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

#17 PsychoStoner

PsychoStoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 11:53 AM

sup ive seen you in game loveless. your decent. this is psychostoner.

#18 PsychoStoner

PsychoStoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 11:53 AM

sup ive seen you in game loveless. your decent. this is psychostoner.

#19 Embermouth

Embermouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 03:16 PM

So i saw a guy posting that he was in Texas time and saying it wasnt a good time zone for this clan when referring to his application. Im also in Texas time zone, is there a problem with that. What time zone is the clan in_

#20 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostEmbermouth, on September 28 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

So i saw a guy posting that he was in Texas time and saying it wasnt a good time zone for this clan when referring to his application. Im also in Texas time zone, is there a problem with that. What time zone is the clan in_

MADKAT is a NA group, so due to how server connections work, you are required to live in US/CA.
The above statement is why I thought it would be a problem. Which makes no sense seeing how it's only an hour difference.

Edited by QuanZen, September 28 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, Clan, Game, Alpha, Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users