HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#181 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostTimerider, on March 27 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Mech health needs to be raised by like 200. All the fun got sucked out of this game. The technician is now made out of wet tissue paper and dies when looked at. Why does it even have a weapon if you wanted to kill it so badly_

I know this is from a previous update but it still pisses me off. It's just not fun to play anymore. I tried to start playing again after this update and it still just sucks now.

I just had a game where there was a tech on the enemy team and he/she kept his/her team alive and had them outlast us.  I think techs are fine.

#182 Acherontia

Acherontia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:00 PM

Well, after playing for most of the day, these are my observations;
A-Class: The Berserker is utterly unstoppable, and the Scout takes 2nd place. No robot can stand against a Berserker's damage output when it is using its ability.
The game is tailor-made for twitchers. ALL FPS games end up being such, so I'm not going to bother arguing against it; I just thought Hawken might be different because we're piloting 100+ ton robots. Apparently not. I've been, and am, a Call Of Duty player since the very first one came out, and the seizures people do to not get shot were never an obstacle for me... but the things people are doing in Hawkin are becoming absurd. I'm just waiting for the classic "hop, hop, prone" to be implemented on A-Class mechs, lol. All while still shooting of course. Personally, I would cut all A-Class mechs' fuel tank size in half, except for the Technician. Twitching shouldn't be prevented, but it should be limited. I understand that speed is an A-Class' weapon, and I don't want to take it away from them... but I think they shouldn't be bouncing off walls like marbles for the whole match... make them think when and where to evade, and not just keep mashing the formula "W,A,Shift-D,Shift-D,Space,Shift-A" the whole game.
B-Class: The Raider will always win a 1-on-1 against any other B-Class.
C-Class: The Incinerator is the most powerful fat-boy. The Brawler is probably as worthless as I thought it would be after this patch, because I have yet to see one.

#183 BoyOfTheEnders

BoyOfTheEnders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:03 PM

Great job Meteor, Adhesive, all involved.

Just wondering how you are going to distrubute the XP we paid to have moved to another mech_
It seems like maybe I got that XP back in my universal pool, thanks for giving us that XP back to spend, but I need 10 MB's again to spend it, that I just spent, 2 days ago...

So are we out the MB's we spend to trasfer the XP, and just left with a litte more XP I can't distribute_

Oh and

The game keeps telling me I have outdated Nvidia drivers, I am using a PCI-E ATI card, with on-board Nvidia video disabled.
Is there anything I can do to get the pop up to stop every time I go back to the main menues or do I need to update that driver anyways_

Edited by BoyOfTheEnders, March 27 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#184 MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLat 36.9N Lon 76.2W Elev 1.2m

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:22 PM

ok, call me clueless. i show millions of XP in my top bar. when i click the XP link, i get the list of un-leveled mechs. i wanna bump up my Incin. the XP i show available for conversion is zero.
did i miss something here_
edit: i also have nothing available showing for use anywhere else, as per the update notes. what's going on here_

#185 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:33 PM

erm I don't see this on the patch note but failsafe got nerfed from 30%/60% to 20%/40%. Why is this information dropped from the patch note_ :)

#186 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postrekina, on March 27 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

erm I don't see this on the patch note but failsafe got nerfed from 30%/60% to 20%/40%. Why is this information dropped from the patch note_ :)
thats just how adh roll, also replenisher was changed if i'm not mistaken

Edited by Ker4u, March 27 2014 - 02:38 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#187 Tairs

Tairs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostMajyckToad, on March 27 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

ok, call me clueless. i show millions of XP in my top bar. when i click the XP link, i get the list of un-leveled mechs. i wanna bump up my Incin. the XP i show available for conversion is zero.
did i miss something here_
edit: i also have nothing available showing for use anywhere else, as per the update notes. what's going on here_

EDIT: I was having the same problem, just the usual deal with patches.  Play a match, come back, you'll have it waiting for you.

Edited by Tairs, March 27 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#188 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 27 2014 - 04:03 PM

Mech health needs to be raised by like 200. All the fun got sucked out of this game. The technician is now made out of wet tissue paper and dies when looked at. Why does it even have a weapon if you wanted to kill it so badly_

We tried that, we got Ascension and light mechs dominated since they wouldn't die.

You gotta be good to stay alive in light mechs, and that includes lots of dodging.

Edited by Stingz, March 27 2014 - 04:03 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#189 LinearFox

LinearFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted March 27 2014 - 04:46 PM

"Players can no longer fire their weapons immediately after boosting." :(

Other than that, great patch! :) loving the new cockpit cosmetics. :D :D :D :D

Posted Image

South Asia Team

LinearFOX

#190 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:10 PM

My Universal XP is empty now as well. What da heck guyz_

EDIT: Never Mind - it seems to be there now after a match.

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, March 27 2014 - 05:23 PM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#191 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostKer4u, on March 27 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

View Postrekina, on March 27 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

thats just how adh roll, also replenisher was changed if i'm not mistaken

Looks like Deflectors are going to replace Failsafe on Grenadier.
Thanks for the heads up and also for changing your forum avatar.
The old one reminded me of a girl from my highschool math class!

Edited by DFTR, March 27 2014 - 06:21 PM.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#192 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:25 PM

Well this was certainly something nice to return to :)

#193 JD_ZERO_21

JD_ZERO_21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:26 PM

bring back widescreen support !!
Posted Image

#194 WaterMelonMech

WaterMelonMech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:26 PM

The only thing this damn update has done , is caused my Hawken to "hawken has stopped working" before it even opens the page. Launching from steam before the March update it worked fine , now its screwed over and I've tried everything. :angry:

#195 khan1670

khan1670

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:14 PM

Same here, I know for sure I had quite a bit of overflow XP and now I have 0 Universal XP__

Edit: ok saw that other post and yes it did come back after playing a bit..

View PostElMuchacho, on March 27 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

What happened with my current overflow-xp_ Thought, after the update they're all converted to universal xp ...
but there's an amount of "0"!

Edited by khan1670, March 27 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#196 DarthGroovy

DarthGroovy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:39 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Added a numerical scale for weapon statistics to the weapon statistic display.

Can someone explain the calculations for the numbers. Looking at AM-SAR vs Slug Rifle stats and i'm a bit confused.

Posted Image

Not sure I understand how the damage numbers are calculated. Showing the slug rifle doing soooo much less damage then the RPR or AM-SAR doesn't make sense...... *huh look on face*

If slug is so entirely underwelming, why bother.. However I suspect there is more to that number then explained and that things such as RoF show slug in a bad light but does not highlight slug burst damage

Any thoughts_

#197 Timerider

Timerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostStingz, on March 27 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

We tried that, we got Ascension and light mechs dominated since they wouldn't die.

You gotta be good to stay alive in light mechs, and that includes lots of dodging.

Well now they don't even feel like mechs anymore. They're so fragile. Might as well be any other FPS.
The reason the scout was so overpowered was because they gave it crazy damage and almost no cooldown for its dodge. Well now they supposedly increased the cooldown.
They should take a hint from TF2's Medic. You don't need to make support the least robust class in the game.

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 27 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

I just had a game where there was a tech on the enemy team and he/she kept his/her team alive and had them outlast us.  I think techs are fine.

Not sure how a single piece of anecdotal evidence negates everything I said, but OK, whatever you say.

Edited by Timerider, March 27 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#198 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:50 AM

A shame the vanguard didn't get a air speed buff, it could really use one to warrant the use of air compressor in higher level games
edit: #bringbacktheflap

Edited by ecaflip, March 28 2014 - 01:52 AM.

Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#199 Mech__Warrior

Mech__Warrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:32 AM

The reticles are beautiful, guys/devs!  How dare you make my buying decision(s) so difficult! :D
Posted Image

#200 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:40 AM

View PostDarthGroovy, on March 27 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Added a numerical scale for weapon statistics to the weapon statistic display.

Can someone explain the calculations for the numbers. Looking at AM-SAR vs Slug Rifle stats and i'm a bit confused.

Posted Image

Not sure I understand how the damage numbers are calculated. Showing the slug rifle doing soooo much less damage then the RPR or AM-SAR doesn't make sense...... *huh look on face*

If slug is so entirely underwelming, why bother.. However I suspect there is more to that number then explained and that things such as RoF show slug in a bad light but does not highlight slug burst damage

Any thoughts_
why would anyone buy slug rifle, it got only 36 damage, lol, hawkins rpr is clearly better.

Edited by Ker4u, March 28 2014 - 02:41 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users