HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#161 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:27 AM

One thing to the devs.

Cockpit customization.

NICE! I LOVE IT! I spent all my MC I had left on it.
Awesome!

But HUD needs some colour improvements.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#162 Hikaru_Ichijo

Hikaru_Ichijo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:32 AM

No prices modifications_

#163 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:45 AM

Actual numbers on the weapon stats!

This was a good patch. ;w;

#164 intel352

intel352

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:59 AM

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 26 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Other than standard controllers, we don't offer any direct support for other devices at this time.

Controllers don't work on the menu though, so that's rather useless, still requires mouse nearby...

#165 intel352

intel352

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:01 AM

FlameSoulis, on March 26 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

Posted ImageSuperkamikazee, on , said:

Thank you for the beefy update, looks like some juicy stuff in there.

Not to sound like a whiny gamer here, but can full controller support be looked into_ I'm building a basement home theater with a projector, htpc, 7.1 surround sound, and would love to not have to use a keyboard to launch a game etc. Now that Hawken is on Steam (big picture mode) I think full controller support may be something to address.

Here you go!

That link is irrelevant. User is asking for full controller support, meaning, controller support in the menu as well as in the game. So currently the game only has partial controller support. Different issue from "support all controllers ever".

#166 Brawl

Brawl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:04 AM

Still no god damn physx fix for the gtx700 series cards... GOD DAMNIT!

#167 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:22 AM

So unless I'm missing something, there's no way to change the reticle to a different color than the Friend HUD one_ I don't really want to be continuously blinded by a bright color everywhere in my cockpit just so I can have a more visible crosshair.

other than that, the patch is pretty great

Edited by JeffMagnum, March 27 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#168 Zezo_hack

Zezo_hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:34 AM

how ican update in haken

#169 DeltaCluster

DeltaCluster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:48 AM

To increase the dmg was not a good idea. The whole game is too fast and this feels like a simple shooter, not like the glorious game HAWKEN.
Unfortunately it's no fun for me anymore and the Mechs don't feel like a heavy vehicle anymore.

And the higher dmg is kind of problematic for Techs. I tested it for an hour and I was taken out by a G2 Assault in 1 Second. Dear Devs I hope you have some changes for us or a big part of the great fun is gone.

#170 gubbel

gubbel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:50 AM

Splitting parties is bad, it's already bad enough that there are no server rooms for friends to play together and against each other any way they want but now it's barely possible to play together at all!

Posted Image

#171 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:53 AM

If you want to make money, it isn't going to be charging me to change the color of my cross hairs and have a reticule easier to see .  It really kinda pisses me off!  I am sure I am not the only one who feels this is pure nickle dime to death move.

If you put out a limited time paint scheme or something people might pay a few bucks each month or two especially if they were remarkable.

Great update!

#172 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Posttalon70, on March 27 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

If you want to make money, it isn't going to be charging me to change the color of my cross hairs and have a reticule easier to see .  It really kinda pisses me off!  I am sure I am not the only one who feels this is pure nickle dime to death move.

If you put out a limited time paint scheme or something people might pay a few bucks each month or two especially if they were remarkable.

Great update!

Theres already lots of free colours avalible (MC: Free, colors).

Edited by Stingz, March 27 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#173 Scourger

Scourger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 11:00 AM

There's no other game that makes me happy at every patch as much as this one.
THANK YOU!

#174 rdmx

rdmx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 11:38 AM

I can't figure out how to delete a post in the other thread, so I'll copy it here:

Was there any good reason to disallow AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV_
Locking to a max X-FOV of 110 (which is still too low for my taste) is extremely short sighted.

A: You've broken proper widescreen support, and 4:3 monitors see more top and bottom again.
B: You break compatibility with different aspect ratios. New 21:9 monitors are beginning to be released, which will demand greater FOVs than 110 on the X.

Why have you 'fixed' what was not broken_
Allow users to set X-FOV to 120, and additionally allow people to tinker around with the YFOV setting. This will allow anyone to make the most 'comfortable' decision.

Other alternative of course, is to change and tie all your FOV values to scaling on the Y-FOV by default.

Edited by rdmx, March 27 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#175 ElMuchacho

ElMuchacho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 11:40 AM

What happened with my current overflow-xp_ Thought, after the update they're all converted to universal xp ...
but there's an amount of "0"!

#176 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted March 27 2014 - 12:21 PM

View Postnepacaka, on March 26 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Let me explain why - I'm a level 30 with a lower mmr, so i often get put with low pilot level guys specially when i enter a 2 star match.
devs, just delete "level icons" from score-table. or Just changed "lvl icon", on "pilot-emblems"

That doesn't really address the problem though. I was taking about leaving matches because they'd be unbalanced by a level 30 :)

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#177 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 27 2014 - 12:56 PM

was flight acceleration nerfed_ feels kinda different very hard to jump over  small  buildings

- lok'tar ogar -

#178 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:00 PM

I like some of the changes here, and the custom reticules. Has the hawken team talked about any balancing regarding the portable scanner_ I know the tech is always a tough and touchy subject, I'm not gonna go there.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#179 KraataFace

KraataFace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIconix

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:26 PM

Still wating on that Technician pestige...

#180 Timerider

Timerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:34 PM

Mech health needs to be raised by like 200. All the fun got sucked out of this game. The technician is now made out of wet tissue paper and dies when looked at. Why does it even have a weapon if you wanted to kill it so badly_

I know this is from a previous update but it still pisses me off. It's just not fun to play anymore. I tried to start playing again after this update and it still just sucks now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users