HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#121 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:40 PM

Will be interesting to see how the Predator fares in a faster match environment.

#122 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:43 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Players can no longer fire their weapons immediately after boosting.

THIS IS AWFUL

Posted Image

#123 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostMeev, on March 26 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Give Heat Cannon some love :wub:

they will never do

Posted Image

#124 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on March 26 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Players can no longer fire their weapons immediately after boosting.

THIS IS AWFUL

View PostEliteShooter, on March 26 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

View PostMeev, on March 26 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Give Heat Cannon some love :wub:

they will never do

1st point is a sensitive subject, indeed. Lets see how this works tomorrow first.

And about the HC... well.. I've always thought that this weapon needed some love too. My approach for it would be an slower decent damage projectile when it's not charged and one faster and less lethal projectile when it's charged. The splash wasn't the proper way, IMHO. Nevertheless, I think this is going to happen sometime in the future. Or something...

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#125 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:22 PM

Whens the patch going to drop_

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#126 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:30 PM

One issue that I take with adding punishment stats into the mix for people leaving a match is related to having been dropped into a game that is obviously over or in the last minute or less of play. Currently there does not seem to be any code in effect that keeps a pilot from joining a match that is technically over and until there are measures in place that will limit end game joins that effect personal statistics, I believe that adding these type of stats could be considered to be "jumping the gun" simply as an appeasement of a certain sector of the player base.

On a side note, I am not certain that the abandoned stat will be effective in the least as it is quite a simple matter to force a disconnect that bypasses the exit routine that would record the choice to leave the match.

I believe that focusing on server related issues that would reduce some of the frustration levels that can cause someone to immediately leave a game once joined would be a better allocation of current resources than thinking up ways to punish someone for doing so.

#127 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:37 PM

I've ALWAYS considered the shoot after boost a bug. And it probably wasn't an easy one to fix and or just not high enough priority to fix yet. I never bothered learning that trick because I knew it would go away at some point. It didn't make sense to have in.

Looking forward to all the changes. All seem very solid in general. Poke needs more love and the eoc getting a slight buff is a start.. but that still ignores the heat cannon. Poke just doesn't have any real place in the current meta. Excluding AoE poke from C class mechs.

#128 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:56 PM

Generally supportive of changes the devs make to improve game.  However, this time I believe some of the changes are unnecessary and detract rather than add to or improve the game. Such as:

Eliminate firing after boosting  and additional fuel regen delay - why_
Turret animation - what does it hurt_

Fix what needs fixing but "if it ain't broke..."
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#129 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:56 PM

have people missed that the brawler and scout already use different flak_

Brawler & Raider = Flak Cannon
Scout = Mini Flak

I tried the flak vs t32 on my raider last night so I'll see the difference better tomorrow.
The t32 really is fuzzy bunny. I'm soo glad that they are giving a good reason for mechs to use the tier2 weapon.

Does anyone have the current charged damage value for the t32_ it seems to hardly do anything to reward holding the fire button for so long. IMO it should do much more damage for being charged.

#130 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:59 PM

View Post6ixxer, on March 26 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Scout = Mini Flak

uh, what @_@

first off, raider gets reflak, not flak. Second off, scout gets the MFC AND the flak.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#131 Acherontia

Acherontia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:06 PM

Well, there went my idea of getting myself a Brawler. The Flak Cannon was already a questionable weapon because of its limited range... and now its damage was cut down_ Way to break it. I don't think a lot of people are going to be happy being nothing but a slow moving, mostly harmless target until unlocking the SA Hawkins for it. I know I sure won't enjoy it.

515 health seems a little excessive for a raider... I would have given the boost to the Technician instead.
Can't say I'm happy about the increased movement speed... seems a little retarded to me that a robot that probably weighs a good 100+ tons can dart across the landscape like a man running away from a bull.

Happy to hear that we can now have an FOV of 110; the wider the better. Any additions to Co-Op are welcome as well.

#132 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:10 PM

Scouts....

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#133 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 26 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Scouts....

Got nerfed.  Flak nerf and everyone got the same speed increase.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#134 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:19 PM

Roger that.. although.. well see how Scouts perform on the battlefield tomorrow.

Posted Image

#135 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostXacius, on March 26 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 26 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Scouts....

Got nerfed.  Flak nerf and everyone got the same speed increase.

I think his issue is with the fact that the Scout got a speed increase to begin with.

#136 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:22 PM

Plus the performance multiplier given by better pings on the battlefield. I can't wait to see how they perform against B and C classes (also Vs. other A classes) tomorrow on the battlefield.

Let's call this as a hunch of mine if you wish...

Posted Image

#137 sleepe

sleepe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:25 PM

And MAMA still not fixed :/ It has wrong description. It does not generate heat at enemies. Description is misleading.
Sorry for my english :/

#138 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Postsleepe, on March 26 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

And MAMA still not fixed :/ It has wrong description. It does not generate heat at enemies. Description is misleading.

The description in game reads "Equipped with heat infused explosives that cause targets to experience increased heat generation."

The M4MA isn't designed to add heat to enemies directly, it simply increases an enemy's heat generation.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#139 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on March 26 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Post6ixxer, on March 26 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Scout = Mini Flak

uh, what @_@

first off, raider gets reflak, not flak. Second off, scout gets the MFC AND the flak.

ok, missed the flak vs reflak, and thought scout only had mini flak, not both flak options.
I stand corrected.

#140 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 03:08 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on March 26 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Generally supportive of changes the devs make to improve game.  However, this time I believe some of the changes are unnecessary and detract rather than add to or improve the game. Such as:

Eliminate firing after boosting and additional fuel regen delay - why_
Turret animation - what does it hurt_

Fix what needs fixing but "if it ain't broke..."

How about the zippy-happy A classes who rip other classes to shreds_  The game is way too heavily tailored for A classes & fast B classes (particularly hit & run fanatics and "short" range weapons) and I'd be glad to see their dominance impeded.

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, March 26 2014 - 03:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users