HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#81 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted March 26 2014 - 05:14 AM

View Postpalad1ne, on March 26 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Looks fine on the paper. Cant wait to se it live.

Only one thing bugs me. The flac nerf. For scout OK but hitting the brawler again its sad.
The sharing of some weapons on different classes should be reworked. It would be much easier for further balancing if every weapon has his own class modifier.

Good day

I wish they gave the T-32 to the brawler, that would be awesome.

#82 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 05:51 AM

View Postshosca, on March 26 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Only one thing bugs me. The flac nerf. For scout OK but hitting the brawler again its sad.
The sharing of some weapons on different classes should be reworked. It would be much easier for further balancing if every weapon has his own class modifier.
Good day
no, give it to the Scout
get the Flak off the Scout, or give it a 'lite' version, and let the Brawler do what it's supposed to do without being dragged down by balance changes designed to affect the performance of entirely different mech choices
it's stupid that we're still having this discussion after all this time

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#83 Meev

Meev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 05:52 AM

Give Heat Cannon some love :wub:

#84 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 05:53 AM

Why don't you fix the maps before raising the speed of mechs_ If we wouldn't get stuck on any leaf of grass, any piece of rock or any slight elevation of the map, the game would be a lot faster already. The last 3 maps that are introduced are a complete disaster, Bunker just by its design, but Last Eco and large parts of Wreckage are unplayable because you literally get stuck on everything.

And why isn't Bazaar back on the map roster for siege yet_ Nobody asked for it to be removed. And don't give me that fuzzy bunny that is was "unbalanced", by that argument we shouldn't be playing siege at all.

#85 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:09 AM

Great update guys, lots of good stuff to look forward too, thank you :D

#86 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:14 AM

View Posthendman, on March 26 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

And why isn't Bazaar back on the map roster for siege yet_ Nobody asked for it to be removed. And don't give me that fuzzy bunny that is was "unbalanced", by that argument we shouldn't be playing siege at all.
It was horrendously unbalanced, with the team on the chokepoint side being at an extreme disadvantage, and I was very happy to see it removed from the rotation.  You're actually the first person I've heard speak in its favor, every mention of its removal that I've heard has been positive.

#87 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostWarlordZ, on March 26 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

View Posthendman, on March 26 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

It was horrendously unbalanced, with the team on the chokepoint side being at an extreme disadvantage, and I was very happy to see it removed from the rotation.  You're actually the first person I've heard speak in its favor, every mention of its removal that I've heard has been positive.
The sad part is I won more siege games on bazaar on the "worse side". If you were charging through the choke points you were doing it wrong. You have two to three places where you were able to flank the AA ... something you should be doing anyway.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#88 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on March 26 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

Good day
no, give it to the Scout
get the Flak off the Scout, or give it a 'lite' version, and let the Brawler do what it's supposed to do without being dragged down by balance changes designed to affect the performance of entirely different mech choices

I'm all for a ke-flak too, just copy the flak, name it ke-flak balance it and give it to scout and untie the umbilical cord between the brawler and the scout.

Edited by shosca, March 26 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#89 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:30 AM

I guess I will have to see it in action but I think the buffs to the raider are a little overboard. The sorry state of that mech was greatly exaggerated if you ask me. T32 not withstanding.

And goddamnit did the flak really need another nerf_ I thought the brawler/scout coupling was finally in a good spot. Maybe change rof to maintain dps_

#90 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:54 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Added a 0.4 second delay to fuel regeneration after dodging.
  • Players can no longer fire their weapons immediately after boosting.
  • Players can no longer instantly fire when jumping after a boost.
So much for #IncreaseTheSpeeds. I don't remember anyone asking for this_
Seems like a near-wash that favors C Class sustained, but I'll try it out before I say anything heavy.

It was fun while it lasted.

#91 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:58 AM

I like everything but this:
  • Increased falloff distance from 110 to 150 meters

No more mid-range burst shotguns. It's a bad idea.

#92 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on March 26 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

Good day
no, give it to the Scout
Why give a pure burst weapon to a C and a burst/sustained hybrid to an A_  An A-class can dodge between shots and fight from cover very well, while a C-Class is more capable of standing its ground at the expense of being worse at fighting from cover.  Besides, the extra 40m of falloff distance that they're adding seems more fitting for the slower brawler.

#93 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:34 AM

Neat stuff for Raider. But... what does
Increased overheat recovery from 4.25 to 5 seconds
means_ Is it the time before the heat goes down or the time for the heat to go down_

#94 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostNosmer, on March 26 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

But... what does increased overheat recovery from 4.25 to 5 seconds mean_
The time it takes for your heat to reset when you fuzzy bunny and max overheat your Mech. It's a nerf to one of the Raider's more inconsequential Mech stats.

Edited by FenixStryk, March 26 2014 - 07:39 AM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#95 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:41 AM

My only grips are
  • Wish the breacher got a charge speed buff, or and overall fire-rate buff. Now Bolt and Double EOC Preds will be the way to go.
  • Wish the EOC-P received a projectile flight speed buff.
  • Wish the G2 Assault got an alternative weapon
  • and there was no fuzzy-dice or bobble heads added
Overwise.

MY GREN HAS RETURNED FROM THE GRAVE!

Edited by ShadowWarg, March 26 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#96 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:56 AM

Wish the EOC-P received a projectile flight speed buff.
+1
after increase the speed fight with a-class will be harder i think

#97 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:03 AM

That's a looooottt of changes/improvements!! Lovely work :D

Regarding FOV - Does anyone know how to determine the actual FOV after modifying the config file_ I've got FOVAngle=79 in the .ini file and the in-game FOV set to 90. And the resolution is 1280*1024 (thought it was worth mentioning because that makes the Aspect Ratio 5:4). Just wanna see if I can keep it at the same amount (provided that it's less than 110) :)

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Features
  • The maximum FOV angle has been increased to 110 degrees and can no longer be manually adjusted to go any higher.
  • Players that are team-switched will now receive a Hawken Credit reward in appreciation (shown as “TEAM BALANCE BONUS” on the post-match earnings page).
  • If a player leaves in the middle of a match they will not earn any Hawken Credit rewards.
  • Added an "Abandoned" statistic that is counted as a loss when calculating win/loss ratio. This will not affect players who are disconnected involuntarily.

Absolutely adore the last two and wouldn't have minded if you also added an x min ban for people who quit more than y matches in a given time, for good measure. But it might also be a good idea to allow for a few seconds (without launching) before a match is counted as "abandoned".

Let me explain why - I'm a level 30 with a lower mmr, so i often get put with low pilot level guys specially when i enter a 2 star match. And it doesn't seem fair (and hurts my dignity :P) to be the only level 30 in a match with an avg pilot level around 12. So i usually leave those matches and wait for a 3 star or try my luck with another 2 star. I think that provides a better experience for everyone instead of me hanging around and going berserk :)

Also like the stuff under "General Improvements"
Now i only have to hear that 'friend online' sound once, gets a tad irritating after 5 or so repeats. And adding  the match time to the post match screen is a nice touch as well as weapon stats.

Overall this patch looks like a major positive, Thanks :)

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#98 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:10 AM

#Rocketjumpingmech
I`ll fix it later.

#99 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:15 AM

Awesome patch, really solid.

Some of those bug fixes are a god send. Especially turret mode hit box extending all the way to the ground now. Shooting nades under turret mode was so easy and exploitable, imo one of the main factors that made the mode so difficult to use. Now can we get a bit of a reduction on the rear damage bonus_ Fixing the blockade trick on origin is also nice, as well as the eu getting caught on the sky (can we get the same fix for trees on last eco_). The best one of all is removing the ability to instantly fire after boost jumping. So freaking annoying and completely favored a classes with air compressor, I am glad its now fixed. No fix to air compressors randomly procing deflectors_

Balance changes, oh balance changes. EOC buff, solid. t-32 omg usable now.  Speed buffs :))))). Dodge changes, air compressor will dominate a little less now.

The raider buff brings a tear to my eye.
Counterlogicman post raider buff:
[media=560x315][media]

#100 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:34 AM

View Postnepacaka, on March 26 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

Wish the EOC-P received a projectile flight speed buff.
+1
after increase the speed fight with a-class will be harder i think
+1 and for the heat/eoc too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users