HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#41 Retorrent

Retorrent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:08 PM

Looks like I will have to  schedule a break from my Diablo 3 grinding to get some Hawken in Thursday!

#42 AWXthrones

AWXthrones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:11 PM

This is very exciting, can't wait! Thanks!

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Team Balancing
    • Parties may now be split up for a team switch if no one volunteers. If a player is switched in this manner, they will receive the same bonus as a player that volunteers.
I thought this was already implemented..._ I know I've been automatically switched to the other team when I'm in a party. Though I don't understand what it means by "same bonus"_

• Turret Mode (All)
    • Turret mode now features a walk animation when moving instead of sliding.
Extremely curious on how this will look...Will there be a lot of animation clipping_

• Co-Op
    • NEW Challenge Modes
THIS. That's nice, I need to find other people to do these modes with. Anyone need another pilot_

#43 VexMalleus

VexMalleus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPlaying Hawken

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostRetorrent, on March 25 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Looks like I will have to  schedule a break from my Diablo 3 grinding to get some Hawken in Thursday!
For me, it's a break from Simcity 2013 and Spacebase DF9. lol
-=<>=-

#44 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:21 PM

Very cool.
Posted Image

#45 TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostRetorrent, on March 25 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Haha. I'll be taking a break from World of Tanks, myself. I've got a looooooooooong grind until getting the next tier tank anyway ;w;

Thursday is going to be a great day this week.

#46 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:56 PM

overall very pleased, bring on the 27th! Glad to see the boost jump shoot exploit fixed. looking forward to reticles and the new raider and brawler. nerf to seeker was unwarranted and is a mistake imo, given hellfires also remain poor. perhaps with boost to eoc will = eoc rocketeers making a comeback. most of all 110 FOV - yay!! only took 2+ years but better late than never.

Edited by Krellus, March 25 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#47 Mech__Warrior

Mech__Warrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 09:37 PM

• Added an "Abandoned" statistic that is counted as a loss when calculating win/loss ratio. This will not affect players who are disconnected involuntarily.

Hell to the yeah!
Posted Image

#48 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostKrellus, on March 25 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

overall very pleased, bring on the 27th! Glad to see the boost jump shoot exploit fixed. looking forward to reticles and the new raider and brawler. nerf to seeker was unwarranted and is a mistake imo, given hellfires also remain poor. perhaps with boost to eoc will = eoc rocketeers making a comeback. most of all 110 FOV - yay!! only took 2+ years but better late than never.

It kinda seems like damn near every concern except incin animation we will never be content voiced by #certaincommunitymembers was addressed, and I'm tingling with excitement as a result.  I don't use the seeker so I don't know, but it was appraised as having ludicrous DPS for an automatic weapon that tracks targets, even if weakly, and this concern was addressed as well.  I see this as a bit of a nod from the devs to us, and I'm all for seeing if we're right.

also HELL YEAH my exact fov will no longer draw ire from sticklers!

A little wary about the wavedash nerf, but we'll see where it goes.  Here's hoping it strikes a comfortable balance between ascension dodging and current dodging, though I'd definitely prefer it to remain heavily weighted towards how it is now.

Edited by comic_sans, March 25 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#49 _swim_

_swim_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:48 PM

• Added an "Abandoned" statistic that is counted as a loss when calculating win/loss ratio. This will not affect players who are disconnected involuntarily.
Sooo uhhh.. Are matches abandoned before the patch going to count towards this_

#50 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:59 PM

Flak Cannon
Decreased damage from 14.85 to 13.5

Why you hating on the brawler. Please can you uncouple the scout and brawler flak cannons_ Give the scout a lighter version and give the brawler the XL-Flak Cannon. That way you aren't trying to balance one mech while ruining another.

(That being said maybe the movement changes have more of an effect than I have accounted for)

Edit: everything else is awesome

Edited by dEd101, March 25 2014 - 11:14 PM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#51 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostdEd101, on March 25 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Flak Cannon

Why you hating on the brawler. Please can you uncouple the scout and brawler flak cannons_ Give the scout a lighter version and give the brawler the XL-Flak Cannon. That way you aren't trying to balance one mech while ruining another.

(That being said maybe the movement changes have more of an effect than I have accounted for)

I've said a zillion times that it makes absolutely no sense that light mechs carry the same weapons as heavy mechs.

#52 Xodric

Xodric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:24 PM

G2 Assault mech got no love here.
Yesterday I was under-rated, Tomorrow I am over-powered, but Today I am King!

#53 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:26 PM

like changes in turret mode, and weapon changes.
very good changes in repair charge.
+ for eoc buff, and NERF SEEKER! =D

but...why i can't see SMG changes_ XD

oh...and especially love "teambalancing bonus". now if teammates press f12 and i change team, i have a compensation! =Ъ

#54 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostPhantasmo, on March 25 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

View PostdEd101, on March 25 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Flak Cannon

I've said a zillion times that it makes absolutely no sense that light mechs carry the same weapons as heavy mechs.

That flak is the worst offender at the moment. It is on both the slowest and fastest mech in the game. On the brawler it makes sense that when you finally get into the fight you own. However on scout you have the speed and agility to get that hard hitting weapon into position faster and are able to use cover more effectively (faster dodge + overall speed + smaller hit box{in the open this doesn't matter but with cover you can get out of the firing line earlier and hide behind smaller things better}).

/whine
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#55 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:28 PM

View Post_swim_, on March 25 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Sooo uhhh.. Are matches abandoned before the patch going to count towards this_

So you're one of those guys, eh_

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait to dump my empty ramen cups all over my mechs!

#56 _swim_

_swim_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostZdragow, on March 25 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

So you're one of those guys, eh_

N-no... I'm asking forsomeonewhoisn'tme.

#57 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:17 AM

thanks for the solid update content....:)

#58 FlameSoulis

FlameSoulis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostSuperkamikazee, on March 25 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Thank you for the beefy update, looks like some juicy stuff in there.

Not to sound like a whiny gamer here, but can full controller support be looked into_ I'm building a basement home theater with a projector, htpc, 7.1 surround sound, and would love to not have to use a keyboard to launch a game etc. Now that Hawken is on Steam (big picture mode) I think full controller support may be something to address.

Here you go!

#59 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostXodric, on March 25 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

G2 Assault mech got no love here.
It is unwanted child, it can't get any love. Posted Image

I have a question about EOC buff. Why did you buff it's direct damage instead of explosive_ To prevent EOC spam_ Also welcome back, guaranteed one-shots. Posted Image

Strong nerf to Flak again. It is the 8th time, isn't it_ Personally I think that Flak was quite OK before this patch even on Scout.

Raider is ballsy now (maybe bit too much ballsy)

Other changes are pretty awesome, can't wait to try all these new stuff, especially new Brawler.  Posted Image
WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#60 Xynno

Xynno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:45 AM

hmm, The flak buff I like and hate at the same time, I like it cause it means the scouts won't rip people apart quite as fast, but I hate it in the sense that my poor brawler got a nerf too.

Though, that raider buff !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users