HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#21 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:32 PM

i left this comment on yesterdays announcement https://community.pl..._40#entry470118

And these patch notes contain a perfect example of the behavior i brought up.

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

General
  • Players can no longer fire their weapons immediately after boosting.

This gameplay mechanic was pointed out publicly by hawkenites for as long as i remember. It even apeared on one of the first cockpit shows near OB launch. As far as i know we've received no feedback from the devs stating that this was an unwanted mechanic, i've seen no feedback from the community complaining about this mechanic.

This isn't the first time a change like this has been seen. We've lost the ability to use items whilst repairing and turrets now have collision.

All these mechanics have one thing in common they were never announced as broken or intended. And when changed can lead the reader to not understand the design choices behind them.

These are extreme cases but they apply to all balance changes in this patch. Why did the EOC get a buff_ Doesn't it already ahve the highest burst potential primary_ Why was there a delay added to fuel regen after dodging when  there is already a delay_

Edited by h0B0, March 25 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#22 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:39 PM

EOC charged + Corsair Mirv = 312 damage

Add a det or he and you go over 370 :ph34r:

#23 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:50 PM

Predator further nerfed :huh:

#24 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'm curious what "can no longer fire immediately after boosting" is going to mean.

#25 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:07 PM

yes
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#26 Darigaaz

Darigaaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:18 PM

Raider finally gor some love! Guys, thank you for boosting T-32 and Corsair! And for 515 Armor!

#27 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:19 PM

Players can no longer instantly fire when jumping after a boost.

Posted Image

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#28 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:19 PM

View Posth0B0, on March 25 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

General

This gameplay mechanic was pointed out publicly by hawkenites for as long as i remember. It even apeared on one of the first cockpit shows near OB launch. As far as i know we've received no feedback from the devs stating that this was an unwanted mechanic, i've seen no feedback from the community complaining about this mechanic.

These are extreme cases but they apply to all balance changes in this patch. Why did the EOC get a buff_ Doesn't it already ahve the highest burst potential primary_ Why was there a delay added to fuel regen after dodging when  there is already a delay_

Boosting to bring up the guns has been brought up before. I have personally complained about it as a crappy 'gotcha' mechanic on new players. It certainly looks and behaves like an animation glitch if you ask me. I am really glad they fixed it.

The EOC is weak right now and skill-shots are no longer a 'thing' on the EOC. It needed a direct damage buff to make it more than a lay-and-pray weapon with no reward for good aim and timing.

Slower regen was needed - faster mechs already skate non-stop through duels making them nearly impossible to hit by timing their dodges because the hesitation between dodges & boosts is so miniscule. If you have the slightest lag or less than top-end PC the effect was more pronounced than on a perfect system. Increasing the speeds makes that more of an issue - there needs to be a break in the chained dodge-boosting for well-timed hits to even have a chance of happening. I am not in favor of gimping the game for low-end PCs. There is a middle ground where a game can be designed to tolerate a little lag or the occasional hiccup and still require skill.

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, March 25 2014 - 07:22 PM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#29 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:21 PM

Any solution for the tildes and latin american characters in the gamechat not showing properly_, that make people to commit horribilly common typos on spanish. Please, please, please >__<

Posted Image

#30 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on March 25 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

The EOC is weak right now and skill-shots are no longer a 'thing' on the EOC. It needed a direct damage buff to make it more than a lay-and-pray weapon with no reward for good aim and timing.

The only thing it actually needed was a change to the charge times or a projectile speed boost so that it could be as viable as the Heat Cannon in higher tier games.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#31 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:26 PM

I am definitely looking forward to these changes!
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#32 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:28 PM

Especially, the increase in speed...really was a drag when you spawned on the total opposite of where your team was at.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#33 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:38 PM

• It is no longer possible to spam the turret mode animation.

#bringbacktheflap

#34 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:44 PM

View Posth0B0, on March 25 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

i left this comment on yesterdays announcement https://community.pl..._40#entry470118

And these patch notes contain a perfect example of the behavior i brought up.

General

This isn't the first time a change like this has been seen. We've lost the ability to use items whilst repairing and turrets now have collision.

All these mechanics have one thing in common they were never announced as broken or intended. And when changed can lead the reader to not understand the design choices behind them.

It boost cancelling may have been something that the devs had their eyes on, not as a bug, but a possible thing to keep in. They probably decided that it wasn't something they wanted to be in the game (I was wondering why people shot me so fast) Using items while repairing seems inconsistant, in that you SHOULD be completely defenseless while repairing. Also, they got rid of turret collision a while ago_

EOC probably got a buff since unless you're a predator, you're probably not going to hit all 6 mines. The current delay is next to freaking nothing and I welcome the new change.

But I do agree with you with more transparency when it comes to bugs and glitches. If I hadn't directly spoken to a dev, I wouldn't know that my hellfire bug that I'm always raving about was actually known (so I should shut up about it)

Note directly to devs: Do what riot does with their changes and explain in a short paragraph why you think the change is a good one.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#35 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:47 PM

Turret Mode (All)

• It is no longer possible to spam the turret mode animation.
I hate you all, you fuzzy bunny

Posted Image

#36 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:50 PM

Wow.  I actually threw my arms in the air and shouted a little a few times reading that post.  Can't wait for thursday, and thanks for keeping this great game great.

I am gonna miss the flap and boost-hop, but they're just gonna make the experience smoother.  Boost hop really was quite exploitable.

Edited by comic_sans, March 25 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#37 VexMalleus

VexMalleus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPlaying Hawken

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:59 PM

Nice, thanks devs!!
-=<>=-

#38 MarGeta

MarGeta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:01 PM

A nerf to the seeker but no buff to dumb-fired hellfires_ My poor Rocketeer T_T

Glad to see the Raider's getting some love though.

#39 VexMalleus

VexMalleus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPlaying Hawken

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:02 PM

I haven't tried either of those Mechs.  I use the Assault and more recently, the Berserker. :)
-=<>=-

#40 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:08 PM

I hope one custom reticule option is to disable it while leaving the rest of the HUD.
It would make it passable to play in 3D with the nvidia 3D reticule.
My eagerness to play in 3d really got squashed when i tried playing with 2D reticule.

T32 needed buffing. It really was fuzzy bunny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users