HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions to fix/improve the removal of party members from their party after being switched to the enemy team

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 27 2014 - 12:35 PM

So, the new patch changed the auto team balancing logic in order to avoid numerical unbalanced teams:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Team Balancing
  • We made significant changes to team balancing in order to fix the numerical imbalances we've been seeing. More weight will now be placed on factors such as the size of each team and which team is losing or winning when determining where new players are placed.
  • Parties may now be split up for a team switch if no one volunteers. If a player is switched in this manner, they will receive the same bonus as a player that volunteers.
taken from: https://community.pl...te-patch-notes/

During yesterday's Cockpit podcast I asked if a party member that volunteers to or is forced to switch will be removed from the party. [HWK]Hughes confirmed yesterday what I experienced myself today: yes, the switched player will be removed from the party. That means that you have to leave the server each time to form a new party after a party member was switched due to the numerical unbalanced teams. From my experience teams are often numerically unbalanced. That's why team balancing became such a big problem in the first place.

I heard that this probably happens due to a technical problem in the SDK itself. It's not easy to fix.

So, if it's not easy to fix then a maybe a temporary workaround can prevent the process of leaving the server each time to form a new party:
  • It would be great if it was possible to make the switched player(s) automatically rejoin the party after the match has ended. That means that the players don't have to leave the server and will be put on the same team in the next round until the team balancing logic kicks in again.
An additional suggestion:
  • I personally would like it if the switched player(s) switch back to the team that their party belongs to once new players join the game in progress.
What do you people think_ Do you like those suggestions_ Do you have different suggetions on how to improve the current situation_

Edited by ReEvolve, March 27 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 28 2014 - 08:37 AM

Another suggestion that I thought of after reading this thread: https://community.pl...-the-same-team/
  • If the matchmaking finds multiple severs for your party it should prefer the server where all members of the party can join the same team. That would help a bit since atm the party would be broken immediately after joining a server with not enough slots on one side.

#3 Clashblade

Clashblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:17 PM

I believe this is an important bug to fix, as it will allow for a more effective clan teaming and this is one of the things people complain the most on tf2 for instance.

#4 DcHolliday

DcHolliday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 02:09 PM

I agree. The party system seems like its finally getting less "buggy" however most benefits associated with being in a party are thrown right out the window when "auto-balance" breaks up the party. While I don't mind being broken up from the party for a round, I would much rather be put back into the party for the following round by default instead of each member having to leave and then come back.

On another note... it would be awesome if Hawken introduced the ability to join games in progress with friends who are already playing on a server. :)

*There is a reason I'm "newbie" ... realized shortly after this post that certain features were already there. Oh me.*

Edited by DcHolliday, April 09 2014 - 09:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users