HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Your Thoughts on the New Raider

Game Community

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:48 PM

What do you people of the forums have to say about the Raider as of the March update_

Is it balanced, underpowered, overpowered_ Or is it a mix of these options_

How does it fair with the buffed T-32_ What could it still use, if it even needs anything at all_

Curious to hear your opinions.

ideas are bad

#2 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:01 PM

Too early.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#3 Xynno

Xynno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:12 PM

Its alot stronger now with the buffed bolt, not too sure about the reflak though. Just, don't miss.

#4 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:14 PM

The burst is pretty damn strong lol.  I still think a boost speed increase is in order.  Not sure why it got less than the other classes.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:15 PM

Amazing

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#6 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:18 PM

Feels like it can do it's job again from the few matches I got in today. Which is a great thing because it is a very satisfying mech.

#7 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:25 PM

If you got ping it is not as threatening, but with a full Bolt+MIRV combo you can do some stupid amounts of damage!
I`ll fix it later.

#8 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:26 PM

Early impression: It's better, but still can't fill the spearhead role it used to. Corsair-MIRV hits like a truck if you catch somebody off guard, though I still wish the Corsair fired faster while doing less damage (DPS equal to or greater than the TOW).

#9 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted March 27 2014 - 10:36 PM

i haven't played a raider, but they are definitely packing a little stronger punch than before.

it tickles, it's cute.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#10 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:39 PM

T32 Bolt feels solid, Corsair's damage buff feels almost good enough to off-set the slow reload time, but not quite. Overall Raider actually feels like a solid pick rather than a gimmick EN collector on Siege, IMHO.

#11 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:56 PM

I played 3 hours my old beloved raider after removing some dust planes from him.

The Bolt is reliable now. Works good. Speed could be a little bit more.

The secondary cool down is a game breaker.

Why the corsair tow and MIRV have now the same long cool down. Nearly 4 seconds.

This is pathetic in relation to the much faster reloading Tow and GL.
It feels like not having any secondary weapon.
In this 4 seconds every scout rip you apart.
In lower pub games maybe there is a place for this mech. Where the enemy don't know how to aim but over 1800 this mech is a sitting duck IMO.

Don't know which play style could support this mech. But for sure its useless for the function intended.

Sustained Weapons and A class domination. With the speed buff, now more then ever.

I think I move my raider back in the darkest corner of the garage and cover him with dust planes. Waiting for the next patch.

Edited by palad1ne, March 27 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#12 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted March 27 2014 - 10:59 PM

when i read the patch notes, i was really surprised the RIGHT hand cooldown remained the same.

the raider really requires you to never miss ur shots, because that wlil either kill you, or save you.

and the fact that mechs ilke to hover around, it doesn't do any justice when the GRENADE can't even explode mid air, making raiders more  useless when mechs are fighting in the air.

but i guess that's the detonator and H.E. charge is for, to compensate for the length of the raider.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#13 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:41 AM

i enjoy it so far, used to feel too slow and weak since christmas but we'll see once i get into a match with some high skilled teams n see if it works out. i can once again get multi kills with it :) sinxce christmas it did too little damage for me to get combos off with least number of firing cycles to get more than 1 kill when multiple enemies are shootin me, now i can get multi kills whilst in combat with multi mechs again loving it. just requires never missing
i don't mean any of it

#14 Retorrent

Retorrent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:46 AM

Agree the secondary cool down needs some adjustment, not too much because then it runs the risk of being overpowered but the load time as of now is fairly dismal.

#15 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted March 28 2014 - 09:22 AM

Played a few good matches in it yesterday(~1970) and it felt good.  T-32 was a touch better for working those infiltrators out of the sky.  I still feel like a sitting duck avoiding tow, gl to wait for them to run out of fuel to grenade/mirv them. Is this the right way to work it_  I just feel like i have such a small chance of hitting them between air dodges.

#16 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:19 PM

I still think that it would have been better to just decrease the reload/cool-down on the Corsair and leave the rest alone.  The Raider was great before the first Steam update... then the faster pace of play, lower armor and faster dodging came in and rendered the Raider useless.  Just bump it's travel speed a tiny bit and lower the Corsair reload and call it done.

#17 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostRetorrent, on March 28 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Agree the secondary cool down needs some adjustment, not too much because then it runs the risk of being overpowered but the load time as of now is fairly dismal.

The devs have stated that the animation of the Corsair/MIRV can't be sped up any further, so although they would like to tweak it more it is not possible without an extensive rework. Raising the damage was a workaround rather than a true fix.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#18 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostPoopSlinger, on March 28 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Played a few good matches in it yesterday(~1970) and it felt good.  T-32 was a touch better for working those infiltrators out of the sky.  I still feel like a sitting duck avoiding tow, gl to wait for them to run out of fuel to grenade/mirv them. Is this the right way to work it_  I just feel like i have such a small chance of hitting them between air dodges.

I gave today my Raider a second chance, after watching some friend handling the new raider proper. My Problem was that i played a very long time Mechs with TOW and GL in combination with sustained Weapons. So the timing was totally different.
Now the secondary must be saved like a little baby for the final Facehug.
Anyway, after some good matches the timing runs better. It takes a while to adapt when switching from faster reload mechs.
If they cant do something about the cooldown because of the Animation Problem then lets give the Raider some Speed like the Assault.

#19 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:54 PM

It's still a bit early to tell, but my initial impressions are that the Raider has some of its bite back.

Bolt feels more useful, and is able to dish out some impressive damage. It also helps with heat management, as you play a more active role in firing it. I still find myself steering towards using the Reflak more often, but I will keep trying out the Bolt.

The MIRV needed this damage buff. It now hits hard, but you do have to be fairly close to get the most effect out of it. I still would prefer to have a slight reduction in the reload time, as it feels like an eternity between shots (and compared with the TOW, it might as well be).

Posted Image

#20 KingWolfkillaz

KingWolfkillaz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:14 PM

EOC-R+MIRV fuzzy bunny beast

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users