HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Leet Strats, I learned from a pair of champs

Game Video

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 PewPewPewTM

PewPewPewTM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:57 PM

Got a Fool Proof way to make sure you don't lose to more skilled players in TDM.
First you need a numerical advantage long enough to get at least   one kill over the enemy team.
Then, Don't Spawn.
That's right, don't launch, just run out the clock for a couple/few minutes.

I thought it was a cheesy move, but Convolute tells me "Tactics, Idiot"

Spoiler

#2 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted April 13 2014 - 01:03 PM

Instead of calling out the players on the forums, next time please use a support ticket instead.

https://playhawken.z...us/requests/new
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#3 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted April 13 2014 - 01:21 PM

Lol. That is one of the few tactics we had planned for the 3v3 tournament that never happened.

Edit: its not so much about being "fuzzy bunny at games". Its about knowing the game and making the best of the limitations implemented to get a win.

Edited by h0B0, April 13 2014 - 01:26 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#4 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 13 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostRei, on April 13 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Instead of calling out the players on the forums, next time please use a support ticket instead.

https://playhawken.z...us/requests/new

You think a support ticket should be filed for that_
Legit tactic.

#5 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 13 2014 - 02:14 PM

View Posth0B0, on April 13 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Lol. That is one of the few tactics we had planned for the 3v3 tournament that never happened.

Edit: its not so much about being "fuzzy bunny at games". Its about knowing the game and making the best of the limitations implemented to get a win.

I think at that point you aren't even playing to have fun.

Posted Image

#6 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted April 13 2014 - 02:16 PM

I can't imagine a team doing that and not getting disqualified.

#7 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 13 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostLucier, on April 13 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

If you want to get technical its not against the rules although I think it goes without saying that its a scumbag thing to do and would obviously not fly.

Posted Image

#8 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted April 13 2014 - 02:34 PM

Speaking of which, the 3v3 tournament is still happening!  Exeon is scheduling it for early May.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#9 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted April 13 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on April 13 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

If you want to get technical its not against the rules although I think it goes without saying that its a scumbag thing to do and would obviously not fly.

I don't think something like that should really have to be explicitly stated in the rules for someone to be warned or disqualified for it, though it could easily be added since the tournament hasn't started yet.

#10 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted April 13 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostLucier, on April 13 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on April 13 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

I don't think something like that should really have to be explicitly stated in the rules for someone to be warned or disqualified for it, though it could easily be added since the tournament hasn't started yet.
It definitely should be explained in the rules. It's immoral sure, but technically not against the rules if you don't put that in there. I've also had this idea for quite a bit too for matches. 1 minute left_ We're up_ Don't spawn.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#11 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 13 2014 - 08:42 PM

This makes me very sad.

#12 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ha! They exploited a small oversight in the game's design. They MUST be banned. :P

Anyway, didn't there used to be an auto-kick if you didn't spawn for a while_

Edited by HubbaBubba9849, April 13 2014 - 09:29 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#13 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted April 13 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostHubbaBubba9849, on April 13 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Ha! They exploited a small oversight in the game's design. They MUST be banned. :P

Anyway, didn't there used to be an auto-kick if you didn't spawn for a while_
How is it a small exploit if it means the other team literally can't win_ If an admin on any other game saw this happening, this would be an instant ban.

#14 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostCoboxite, on April 13 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

How is it a small exploit if it means the other team literally can't win_ If an admin on any other game saw this happening, this would be an instant ban.

While I agree that it was a cheap and lousy way to win, they technically weren't breaking any rules is all I'm saying. There should be an auto-kick timer if you don't spawn for 60 seconds or something.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#15 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on April 13 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think at that point you aren't even playing to have fun.

Yes, its obviously a 180 on my general tendency to play for fun. However you need to remember it is a tournament, a competitive event. At that level you play to win, hell even in pug games many people only play FOTM mechs.

Edit: on topic of the tournament, if there is a rule against it there needs to be a way of enforcing it and currently there is none.

Edited by h0B0, April 14 2014 - 05:19 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#16 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:20 AM

View Posth0B0, on April 14 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yes, its obviously a 180 on my general tendency to play for fun. However you need to remember it is a tournament, a competitive event. At that level you play to win, hell even in pug games many people only play FOTM mechs.

I don't feel those things are mutually exclusive, but what one person finds fun another may not.

Posted Image

#17 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:35 AM

HAWKEN has by a miracle accumulated half a million active players. Tonight, the first worldwide tournament, in which the very best of the best compete for glory and a grand prize of 500,000 USD in honor of the massive playerbase. Players compete on the purest form of FPS: deathmatch. Only the most skillful and tactical team will win.

The teams spawn! The excitement! The mech-equivalent of chess and Quake! Wow! What's that_ Both teams are loaded with explosives! EXPLOSIVE GAMEPLAY! The high-risk high-reward Heat Cannon, used only by the pros, sees the moment of truth. Both teams are up in the air, dodging in the air behind cover like a swarm of angry bees. Suddenly, one of the players on Sentium's side gets stuck in the geometry! Heat cannons charge up like a choir of angels, and the stuck player gets decimated by a well coordinated spike. Well done, gentlemen, the first frag of the match!

Prosk side of the teams flees valiantly behind cover, throwing down shields and gathering up under them, waiting for 10 seconds to prevent any assist damage coming from the enemy team. The Sentium has prepared for this and EMP's are thrown at the impenetratable combination of shields! Prosk makes an amazing counterplay and a Blockade is thrown! The shields survive, hoorah! The Prosk team makes a synchronized Pilot Error successfully inside the plethora of shields utilizing Heat Cannons and explosive secondaries, and after 2 minutes, the game is at 1-0. The next 8 minutes are spent typing "lololololol" and similar taunts into the chat.

HAWKEN! EXPLOSIVE GAMEPLAY! TACTICS! GRAND PRIZE MONEY!

#18 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on April 14 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Posth0B0, on April 14 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

I don't feel those things are mutually exclusive, but what one person finds fun another may not.

Playing to win is not an attitude i find satisfactory in pub play. However i won't hold back in a comp event. Its a personal thing and i totally agree they aren't mutually exclusive, its a personal thing.

But your statement confuses me. It appears you are contradicting your previous one.

View PostKopra, on April 14 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

HAWKEN has by a miracle accumulated half a million active players. Tonight, the first worldwide tournament, in which the very best of the best compete for glory and a grand prize of 500,000 USD in honor of the massive playerbase. Players compete on the purest form of FPS: deathmatch. Only the most skillful and tactical team will win.

The teams spawn! The excitement! The mech-equivalent of chess and Quake! Wow! What's that_ Both teams are loaded with explosives! EXPLOSIVE GAMEPLAY! The high-risk high-reward Heat Cannon, used only by the pros, sees the moment of truth. Both teams are up in the air, dodging in the air behind cover like a swarm of angry bees. Suddenly, one of the players on Sentium's side gets stuck in the geometry! Heat cannons charge up like a choir of angels, and the stuck player gets decimated by a well coordinated spike. Well done, gentlemen, the first frag of the match!

Prosk side of the teams flees valiantly behind cover, throwing down shields and gathering up under them, waiting for 10 seconds to prevent any assist damage coming from the enemy team. The Sentium has prepared for this and EMP's are thrown at the impenetratable combination of shields! Prosk makes an amazing counterplay and a Blockade is thrown! The shields survive, hoorah! The Prosk team makes a synchronized Pilot Error successfully inside the plethora of shields utilizing Heat Cannons and explosive secondaries, and after 2 minutes, the game is at 1-0. The next 8 minutes are spent typing "lololololol" and similar taunts into the chat.

HAWKEN! EXPLOSIVE GAMEPLAY! TACTICS! GRAND PRIZE MONEY!

In the context of the 3v3 tournament self killing will result in giving the enemy team a point. Furthermore disconnect timer is 3 minutes(if memory serves me right) so you would need to spend at most about 2.5 minutes in the garage if you are to avoid getting kicked.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#19 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:51 AM

View Posth0B0, on April 14 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Playing to win is not an attitude i find satisfactory in pub play. However i won't hold back in a comp event. Its a personal thing and i totally agree they aren't mutually exclusive, its a personal thing.

But your statement confuses me. It appears you are contradicting your previous one.

I think it confuses you because the "playing to win attitude" has different meaning to you than it does to me. I would not hold off on spawning in order to win that does not fit into my ideal of "playing to win." When I win I want a complete victory cutting through the BS (as in I don't want to win on a technicality).

I guess what I don't understand is what separates your conduct in a tournament from a pub_ If playing to win and having fun aren't mutually exclusive than can one not do both at the same time in both places_

Edited by Leonhardt, April 14 2014 - 06:52 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:59 AM

View Posth0B0, on April 14 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

In the context of the 3v3 tournament self killing will result in giving the enemy team a point. Furthermore disconnect timer is 3 minutes(if memory serves me right) so you would need to spend at most about 2.5 minutes in the garage if you are to avoid getting kicked.

Semantics. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users