HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator's Weapons: Which one do you think is the best_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Infil's weapons. (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one of them is, in your opinion, the best for Infiltrator_

1. Assault Rifle (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Heat Cannon (9 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. EOC Repeater (9 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:42 AM

Which one do you think is the best for TDM and why_
WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#2 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 04:09 AM

eoc, because burst and being able to mine is amazing, also, no fall off damage, that said, its a very hard weapon to use. but, if used correctly you can kick any mech in the bolts and make them cry in pain. bleed a bit, lots of internal leakage, pants soiled and what not. also it should remind you of starwars a bit with the way they kinda look like lazers. and nothing like flat out popping targets out of nowhere. heat is also really good, but its more for ranged fire then the eoc, both sound amazing though so pick which one you like, if your going to use the ar, you might as well use a zerker.

#3 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted April 15 2014 - 07:07 AM

The best weapon_ Hm, I think that depends on the map. The Heat Cannon is an allrounder but my aiming is bad so I don't use it that often. I use the AR often on open maps like Bazaar, Bunker and Last Eco. I use the EOC often on less open maps like Wreckage, Front Line and Uptown.

#4 Gunho23

Gunho23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:49 AM

In my opinion it's not worth "upgrading" from the AR because the damage put out by the EOC or HC are not at all worth the difficulty of using two semi-automatic weapons.  Maybe if the EOC was fully auto and balanced with higher heat output I would vote for it.

Edited by Gunho23, April 15 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#5 Gunho23

Gunho23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postkanamisan, on April 15 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

heat is also really good, but its more for ranged fire then the eoc, both sound amazing though so pick which one you like, if your going to use the ar, you might as well use a zerker.

The Infiltrator has better stats than the zerker all except for air speed....plus AR is better than the sub machine gun and the grenade launcher can get enemies around corners.

#6 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:23 PM

When you say "Best at TDM" you mean "Best for my KDR" right_  Assault is better for kill stealing from a safe distance due it's hitscan nature and decent range.  Isn't that right, 12 killstreak Recruit_

More seriously, I'd say whatever weapon you personally feel the most comfortable with.  Take me for example, I know the HEAT is awesome but I am terrible at hitting things with it.  Meanwhile I will blow berserkers and scouts out of the air with the EOC and ask myself "WHY CAN'T I DO THAT WITH THE HEAT!_"

#7 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostGunho23, on April 15 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

View Postkanamisan, on April 15 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

heat is also really good, but its more for ranged fire then the eoc, both sound amazing though so pick which one you like, if your going to use the ar, you might as well use a zerker.

The Infiltrator has better stats than the zerker all except for air speed....plus AR is better than the sub machine gun and the grenade launcher can get enemies around corners.
zerker has more hp, also the ability of the zerker helps it much more in a pinch in combat. if you really are going to use the ar, your going to get much less out of it then you would the zerker.  heck, the zerker can use the ar anyway if you like it over the smc. but the infiltrator really can abuse the eoc punch to hurt things very baddly and it plays coreners much better with the eoc then any other weapon it could have. btw, in tdm, beign able to corner play is the key to winning. or one of them. and the infiltrator does it in spades.

#8 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 17 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostGunho23, on April 15 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

In my opinion it's not worth "upgrading" from the AR because the damage put out by the EOC or HC are not at all worth the difficulty of using two semi-automatic weapons.  Maybe if the EOC was fully auto and balanced with higher heat output I would vote for it.
If the EOC or HC were buffed even slightly, they would be way overpowered. They just have a much harsher learning curve than the AR. The AR is the safest and most reliable to use on the infiltrator, while the EOC or HC pack the most punch but are VERY unforgiving when you miss your shots.

And after playing this game for about 300 hours, all the best infiltrators I've fought with or against were using the heat cannon or EOC. I just prefer the heat cannon because it's slightly easier to use reliably.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 17 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#9 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 02:27 PM

AR for the win.

#10 Cagcontrol

Cagcontrol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 03:51 AM

Note: This is all from my personal experience and I have seen people wreck with all these guns. I had this question as well when I first started playing the infiltrator and this is the conclusion I have come to.

The Heat cannon is a much more versatile gun than both the EOC and AR. Its single shot burst damage is not nearly as good as the EOC (85 vs 156), but if you're at a moderately close range you can usually land a charged non-charged combo for 155. Its uncharged dps (which isnt too hard to land) is about 80 while the EOC's is in the low 50's, meaning you might actually win a sustained fight against a good player in the open. With the HEAT you have the option to easily whittle down your opponent from range so that you can finish them off with an awesome grenade/HEAT combo if they get close AND you can shoot around cover. (my favorite gun in the game).

Don't get me wrong though, the EOC is an amazing gun as well. It probably the best peekaboo gun in the game. You can lay traps around corners and surprise someone with 156 damage direct shot/125 damage grenade shot/78 damage pre-laid EOC mines (hard to do but awesome). Its just not as versatile because it lacks DPS.

The AR has great DPS, but it lacks a burst option. I think its main benefit  is that its the easiest gun to hit air targets with. EOC and HEAT are about equal (drawing lines with EOC / being almost hitscan with the charged HEAT), but both guns lack the AR's DPS and consistency.

Any gun you choose just have fun! I have all of them and switch between them regularly :D. My personal favorite is the HEAT and I do a little bit better with it in TDM than I do with EOC because its uncharged DPS lets me fight in the open if i have to.

TLDR: HEAT is the most versatile gun, EOC has the most burst and probably the best peekaboo potential, AR is the best in the open/ easiest to use against air targets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users