HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

why dev. always do something with scout mech in every patch

Community Press Fansite

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:07 AM

why dev. always do something with 'scout mech' in every patch .... :(

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:11 AM

The Scout have been the game`s most OP mech for a long, bloody time. The fact that they patch it is because it was too easy to use, no risk-reward.

As Houruck once said: "I can tank damage with the Scout, that should not be possible."

And besides, it is still not that hard to use. It still wreck faces in pubs.
I`ll fix it later.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:19 AM

*deleted*

Edited by EliteShooter, April 18 2014 - 04:21 AM.

Posted Image

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:21 AM

*deleted* (was double post)

Edited by EliteShooter, April 18 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Posted Image

#5 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:23 AM

Because scout too easy to use for too high reward. I rarely play the scout and sometimes I am even better with scout than with my inf which I pilot much longer. Scout has everythign whic his worth the most in Hawken. Speed, Burst AND high dps, damn much fuel, low dodge cooldown, A tow launcher.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#6 Knat

Knat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:32 AM

Scout is epic, just don't get gang fuzzy bunny in it because you will die instantly :D

#7 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 18 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostFakeName, on April 18 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

Speed, Burst AND high dps, damn much fuel, low dodge cooldown, A tow launcher.

Burst or DPS (Mini-Flak or Flak/HEAT), not both at the same time, though still very dangerous.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#8 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted April 18 2014 - 05:27 AM

It's not what it used to be. You stay in the open for a second too long and they eat you without blinking. You can wreck noobs with it yes but not so much a higher tier players.. I won't say it's easy to play scout. Assault is much easier :)
Even reapers are scary now to the scout..

#9 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 06:41 AM

now they reduced the dps for flak and increase the dps of mini flak , why......i think flak is more powerful thats why . :ph34r:

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#10 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted April 18 2014 - 06:43 AM

View Postdorobo, on April 18 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

It's not what it used to be. You stay in the open for a second too long and they eat you without blinking. You can wreck noobs with it yes but not so much a higher tier players.. I won't say it's easy to play scout. Assault is much easier :)
Even reapers are scary now to the scout..
This is so true. The be a good scout in high level play means knowing every inch of the map, your mech, movement, when and why and how to aim. Against someone who is as good as you or better than you, you can expect 1.0 KDR. Also, there are mechs that you just cannot face head on if your opponent knows what you are doing.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#11 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 18 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostRozerMahbub1, on April 18 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

now they reduced the dps for flak and increase the dps of mini flak , why......i think flak is more powerful thats why . :ph34r:
And once again why the dafuq would you like my post when I am against your opinion_
I`ll fix it later.

#12 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostStingz, on April 18 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Burst or DPS (Mini-Flak or Flak/HEAT), not both at the same time, though still very dangerous.

No

MiniFlak: very High DPS

Flak: High DPS + high burst

Heat: High DPS + Burst + High range

THAT'S HOW IT LOOKS LIKE!

Don't tell me HEAT and FLAK have low DPS. The only weapon ingame (primary) which has low DPS is the EOC.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#13 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostFakeName, on April 18 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

No

Don't tell me HEAT and FLAK have low DPS. The only weapon ingame (primary) which has low DPS is the EOC.

YAP AGREE WITH U :rolleyes:

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

#14 thelonelychild

thelonelychild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostAregon, on April 18 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

View PostRozerMahbub1, on April 18 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

And once again why the dafuq would you like my post when I am against your opinion_
He is a good sport. Idk the only time I have real problems with scouts is if they suprise me otherwise they are too squishy

#15 SquirrelDash

SquirrelDash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 09:46 AM

scouts get a lot of nerfs because they were bad for balance since the very beginning.  at first, they didn't do enough damage to justify their use, and they were really only good for getting around the map quickly, like for siege and missile assault.  that was eventually fixed though.  they went overpowered when they reduced the overall health of every mech, making burst damage more viable than it already was.  they're tricky to balance because all of its weapons are tied to different mechs whose roles are at odds with the scout, so balancing one of them breaks the other.  all of its weapons are found on class C mechs, the most significant being the flak cannon that is the main weapon for the bruiser.  at this point, the bruiser is kind of crippled, as it has the same damage output as a scout, but the maneuverability of a turtle, so it takes more damage than it can dish out.

I imagine that the reason it has the same weapons as a lot of other mechs is because it was one of the initial mechs, and therefore there wasn't enough content in the game, so it just shared weapons with other mechs instead of getting its own.

#16 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 20 2014 - 11:19 AM

No

The main issue is the ease of using both flak weapons. They're both shot guns and have hitscan, and as long as your reticule I vaguely on your target, you'll land a decent amount of damage. If you meet at beastly heat cannon scout, they deserve that respect, because the heat cannon is not easy to use at all. I can guarantee that any new player who picks up the weapon will be at the bottom of the score boards while using it for the first time.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#17 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 20 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

No

The main issue is the ease of using both flak weapons. They're both shot guns and have hitscan, and as long as your reticule I vaguely on your target, you'll land a decent amount of damage. If you meet at beastly heat cannon scout, they deserve that respect, because the heat cannon is not easy to use at all. I can guarantee that any new player who picks up the weapon will be at the bottom of the score boards while using it for the first time.

I mostly use the heat just because I don't want to be part of this beginner flak community ._.

- FakeName

Posted Image

#18 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted April 20 2014 - 02:28 PM

Everyone has their preferences and the developers love the scout so it will always have an edge. Previous posts in thread very technical but easiest test to see if a  mec has a particular edge is to look at the changing Mec population ie lots of scouts at moment recently it was zerkers with air dodge.
The game will always be evolving, adaption the name of the game or like me get killed a lot until new tactics work.

#19 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted April 20 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostCloudstorm, on April 20 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Everyone has their preferences and the developers love the scout so it will always have an edge. Previous posts in thread very technical but easiest test to see if a  mec has a particular edge is to look at the changing Mec population ie lots of scouts at moment recently it was zerkers with air dodge.
The game will always be evolving, adaption the name of the game or like me get killed a lot until new tactics work.

Actually, the scout is just simply stuck as is because if the modify it, the also change things on the Brawler. it is some crazy database thing that would literally require complete reworking on their entire system. Change the flak on the scout buff/nerfs the brawler and vice versa. Same thing for the other weapons. So far to nerf it as much as possible, they have made it a glass cannon with the second lowest health in the game. Overall, I think the scout is now much more difficult to play.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#20 ethebubbeth

ethebubbeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostOmegaNull, on April 20 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Actually, the scout is just simply stuck as is because if the modify it, the also change things on the Brawler. it is some crazy database thing that would literally require complete reworking on their entire system.

It shouldn't be too hard to split it off into its own weapon from a programming perspective.  Just give it its own class or inherit from the main flak class and tweak some of the values. I really do think the brawler and scout flak should be split for balance purposes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Press, Fansite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users