HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 4/22/2014

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Gakuseinozen

Gakuseinozen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 07:34 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on April 22 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

One of our biggest challenges right now is keeping players in matches. For a number of reasons, many players are leaving in the middle and at the end of games. When this occurs, it makes it more difficult for our matchmaker to perform its job efficiently and creates a negative player experience, which leads to more players leaving, forming a type of vicious circle.

I recently started a poll about this topic.  (https://community.pl...etween-matches/)  

The most popular response has been people saying they only leave when everyone else does - so it seems like mainly a domino effect; one or two people leave and people get the feeling that they'll soon be in an empty (or nearly empty) lobby so they leave too.

The next highest response is people saying that they are just trying to get the daily win bonuses.  I confess to doing this myself, and I imagine nearly everyone does it.  I play all the game types until I get the bonuses and then pick whichever game type is my favorite and settle in.   I understand the point of the bonuses is to encourage people to play all of the game types, but the end result is that people hop around to different servers until they get what they want.  This is a major contributing factor to the issue you describe and I think removing the bonuses and replacing them with bonuses for consecutive matches in the same server would go a long way to solving the problem.

Other issues reported are:  the time between matches is too long, parties being broken up by the auto-team balancer, and a general mistrust of the auto-balancing feature to keep matches fair.  I know some of these things have been addressed recently, but the overall problem of server retention still exists so it will likely take some fine tuning to get things right.  

I'm glad the devs recognize this issue and are working towards a solution - keep up the good work!

#22 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 08:40 PM

If you haven't already seen, we announced that we have enlisted the help of select community members globally, across multiple time zones to assist with the spam issue until a more permanent solution is deployed.

community members_ I see lot of fanatical members with indecent words in the community, bullying people with different views. These fanatical member has more than one thousand times published record.
"GTFO" !Query Google, the full text should be "get the fuzzy bunny out," these fanatical members often use such wording. Previously mentioned community members, whether it contains these zealots.
Players have different views may just adjust mood, please strengthen community management,still have to condone this kind of people to threaten other players leave HAWKEN.
"Like attracts like",Also hope you have selected "community members" Are rational people.
My English is not good, if words do not convey, please bear with me.

#23 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 08:43 PM

If you haven't already seen, we announced that we have enlisted the help of select community members globally, across multiple time zones to assist with the spam issue until a more permanent solution is deployed.

community members_ I see lot of fanatical members with indecent words in the community, bullying people with different views. These fanatical member has more than one thousand times published record.
"GTFO" !Query Google, the full text should be "get the fuzzy bunny out," these fanatical members often use such wording. Previously mentioned community members, whether it contains these zealots.
Players have different views may just adjust mood, please strengthen community management,still have to condone this kind of people to threaten other players leave HAWKEN.
"Like attracts like",Also hope you have selected "community members" Are rational people.My English is not good, if words do not convey, please bear with me.

Edited by phoenix07, April 25 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#24 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 25 2014 - 08:53 PM

View Postphoenix07, on April 25 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

"Like attracts like",Also hope you have selected "community members" Are rational people.My English is not good, if words do not convey, please bear with me.

wut
Posted Image

#25 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 25 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hate to be knit picky, but you guys haven't done much to update all the info on in the game guide section of the Hawken website. The incinerator and the G2 Assault aren't listed in the mech guides, not are their weapons listed in the weapon section. I don't know if you guys were working on it, or your priorities have shifted away from that site due to the steam update, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Loving the April patch, by the way.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#26 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted April 27 2014 - 05:45 PM

I think I understand what you're saying.  

You're concerned about certain community members abusing their powers.  As far as I'm concerned, the community members that were selected have been responsible/friendly/nice overall in almost every interaction I've seen them in.  

Now if I were a mod, then you'd have cause for concern.

Edited by Xacius, April 27 2014 - 07:44 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#27 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 27 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostXacius, on April 27 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

I think I understand what you're saying.  

You're concerned about certain community members abusing their powers.  As far as I'm concerned, the community members that were selected have been responsible/friendly/nice overall in almost every interaction I've seen them in.  

Now if I were a mod, then you'd have cause for concern.

ahahahahah *hugs* poor chap

I'd like to think I am at least not irrational. I can be.. but when I rationally choose to be irrational. Ya know..

#28 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 03:18 AM

Anyone can express their views, but must respect the opinions of others, which is the meaning and value of freedom.
Express their views, how will the poor do_ A person must speak swearing to express opinions, ought to be the most poor person,Isn't it_
I don't to quote any person of the message, because I concern oneself with facts and not with individuals.Swearing is a very poor behavior,Anyone entering the forum to see foul-mouthed message records, for HAWKEN's Image helpful_

Edited by phoenix07, May 03 2014 - 03:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users