HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Experimental East Coast Servers Coming Online

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted April 26 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on April 26 2014 - 01:38 AM, said:

I did notice if I boosted right off a spawn my HUD will rotate from the right side to its proper position. Could cause bugs. I wouldn't know.

I thought I was imagining that. I assumed it was just a weird brain thing from having played DS2 all night.

#42 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 26 2014 - 02:02 PM

*deleted*

Edited by EliteShooter, May 01 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image

#43 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted April 26 2014 - 06:21 PM

Toronto,Ontario
east ping averages around 50's
experimental servers averages around 30's

as far as hit reg / accuracy. Ive never had problems with it on USE so cant comment on that.

Edited by FuryMonster, April 26 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#44 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 10:16 PM

Playing from west coast (bay area) to east coast.  On the "X" servers I do have a slightly lower ping versus the normal east coast servers.  I notice that it is still a big disadvantage to play out of your area no matter what the ping says.

Playing outside of your area has the major symptom of not noticing the damage trickling in but arriving in one big wallop so it feels like every death is a "BOOM you are dead" scenario.  Proof of this is that you get the explosion and death animation that slightly rubberbands back to a location you previously were.

Summary: From a west coast players perspective, the ping does appear lower on the X servers but there is no noticable performance increase that would make me ever choose to play on East coast servers from the West Coast.

Edited by Goyo, April 27 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#45 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 26 2014 - 10:20 PM

*deleted*

Edited by EliteShooter, May 01 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image

#46 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 26 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

View PostGoyo, on April 26 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Playing outside of your area has the major symptom of not noticing the damage trickling in but arriving in one big wallop so it feels like every death is a "BOOM you are dead" scenario.

But what if you're committed to a league and all it's games are played in USE or USW server_ What if all your friends are americans and can't play in UK, and they all play in USE_

If I was on a comp team I would organise my clan into teams based in each server region.  So depending on what region the comp/tourney was hosted on... the team of the clan local to that region tourney would compete that day.

Needless to say, the big tourneys are held over LAN.

Scrim together.. but compete with the players local to each region.

Edited by Goyo, April 27 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#47 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 27 2014 - 08:54 AM

*deleted*

Edited by EliteShooter, May 01 2014 - 03:15 AM.

Posted Image

#48 KnighterX

KnighterX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 01:58 PM

Very nice :D
But,There is a project to create a South America Servers_

There are a lot of pilot playing here!!!

#49 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted April 27 2014 - 02:47 PM

Been trying to get into a game on the experimental server but there aren't any games available.  I've only seen 1 full game and all the rest showing 0 players each time I've popped in.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#50 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted April 27 2014 - 04:47 PM

Is there any possibility of enabling a single squad mode server on future experimental servers_

Edited by Xacius, April 27 2014 - 04:47 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#51 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted April 27 2014 - 08:34 PM

Location Veracruz, México

Ping on regular east server 120, then jittering starts and jumps to 136 then 120 the entire match until its ends, since the beginning of the match jump to 136 then 120 over and over.

Ping on experimental east 112, sometimes 116, then 120 but mainly maintains in the 112, it's better, no jittering no ping spikes much better overall. the last game than ill played, when 9 players was around a little jittering started guess by the stress on the server the but my ping didn't was affected.

Overall, I'll find it better than the regular, when i'll play in the regular, spikes of ping everywhere since the beginning to the end of a match, ruining accuracy with sniper walkers, unpleasant game on regular east, much better for me in the X variant.

Edited by Taerkasten, April 27 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#52 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted April 28 2014 - 12:17 AM

Also, we will be removing the EU (Experimental) region from the game in the near future and merging these servers into the UK region pool to attract more traffic.
Goodbye 14ms ping. It was nice knowing you.
  • What’s your physical location_ (Germany)
  • What’s your typical ping on US-East servers_ (160ms-200ms, sometimes jumping up to 220 with warping/telepoting lag)
  • What was your ping on the US-East (Experimental) servers_ (around 140ms, occasionally jumping up to 160ms with warping teleporting lag))
  • Did you notice anything different_ (smoother/choppy, new bugs, better accuracy, etc.) Nothing new really

I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

#53 BadCatWillum

BadCatWillum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostSorroritas, on April 28 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Since the merging of the EU-UK server pools there are only 2 (SG, MA) I3D servers, mostly empty when I come on and occasionally a TDM server is spun up.  Before the merge there were 8-10 idle instances and at least 1 populated server, more in the evenings.  So things have become worse for me, because there are fewer low ping servers since this change.

What might have happened is that most people use the auto server selection, only specifying their region.  So the I3D servers tend not to get players assigned to them, as there are more idle, and more populated, AWS servers in UK.

Why are there fewer I3D servers now_  Are instances spawned according to the number of in-use servers in the entire pool_  What governs whether a I3D instance or an AWS instance is spun up to idle_
  • What's your physical location_ (Nuremberg, Germany)

#54 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted April 28 2014 - 01:38 PM

• What’s your physical location_: Chicago, IL
  • What’s your typical ping on US-East servers_: 50-70
  • What was your ping on the US-East (Experimental) servers_: 30-40
  • Did you notice anything different_: Feels more responsive in general.

#55 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 28 2014 - 01:47 PM

• What’s your physical location_ Santa Ana, CA
  • What’s your typical ping on US-East servers_ 80-90
  • What was your ping on the US-East (Experimental) servers_ 50-70
  • Did you notice anything different_ It felt smoother than when I typically played.
  • Other comments: Not sure why I play mostly on the East Coast servers when I'm from the west coast, but oh well. So far, it was a positive experience. Nothing negative to note. I just hope these new servers will help us Hawken Yanks face off against our bros in the Euro league. Especially from the west coast. Could definitely help make a Ping based middle ground to fight on.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#56 [HWK]BEN_

[HWK]BEN_

Programmer

• Adhesive Games
  • 20 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostBadCatWillum, on April 28 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

View PostSorroritas, on April 28 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Since the merging of the EU-UK server pools there are only 2 (SG, MA) I3D servers, mostly empty when I come on and occasionally a TDM server is spun up.  Before the merge there were 8-10 idle instances and at least 1 populated server, more in the evenings.  So things have become worse for me, because there are fewer low ping servers since this change.

What might have happened is that most people use the auto server selection, only specifying their region.  So the I3D servers tend not to get players assigned to them, as there are more idle, and more populated, AWS servers in UK.

Why are there fewer I3D servers now_  Are instances spawned according to the number of in-use servers in the entire pool_  What governs whether a I3D instance or an AWS instance is spun up to idle_
  • What's your physical location_ (Nuremberg, Germany)
The i3D servers are still there, they just don't show up because by default the Server Browser is showing only 2 empty servers per game type.

To bypass this filter and see all the servers, you can specify a Launch Option parameter like this:
- Right click on HAWKEN in your Steam's game library
- Click "Properties"
- Click "Set Launch Options" from the "General" tab
- Add this to the box: _bFilterEmpty=false

Now, because we're experimenting a lot with different server hosts this month (more to come!), I think I'm just going to make this setting false by default in the next patch so that everyone sees everything. It'll be easier to find a specific server by name, and it makes more sense for a server browser imo.

#57 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 28 2014 - 04:43 PM

What’s your physical location_: Northen Spain (Europe).

Ups... I've not been able to join in any i3D server "nor" in any US-East (Experimental) servers neither. Got disconnect err_msgs here at my end when trying to join in the i3D servers displayed in the UK region here. And there was not any populated enough server in the experimental US-East region when I had some of time to try 'em out.

Also I've had a host disconnected msg during a "normal" match played in a non-experimental server on the UK region, in case this may be of any help as well.

I'll check it again later, of course! So more to come.. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#58 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted April 28 2014 - 06:47 PM

• What’s your physical location_: Virginia Beach, VA
  • What’s your typical ping on US-East servers_: 24-28
  • What was your ping on the US-East (Experimental) servers_: 20-23
  • Did you notice anything different_: Not really... I was only able to play a few matches and all of them outside my skill level. There were only a few of us playing the Exp. Servers when I tried them. I've tried a few more times but didn't see anyone there.

Posted Image

#59 BadCatWillum

BadCatWillum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 11:37 AM

View Post[HWK]BEN_, on April 28 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

I hate questioning information from the devs (because I hate it when I'm on the receiving end) but is the above syntax correct_  I added this and still only see 2 I3D servers. I had the -login, -password options there as well but it won't work with, or without them.  When the above switch is added, the -login, -password options do not work, making me think something in _bFilterEmpty=false is making the command line option parser barf.

#60 [HWK]BEN_

[HWK]BEN_

Programmer

• Adhesive Games
  • 20 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostBadCatWillum, on April 29 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]BEN_, on April 28 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

I hate questioning information from the devs (because I hate it when I'm on the receiving end) but is the above syntax correct_  I added this and still only see 2 I3D servers. I had the -login, -password options there as well but it won't work with, or without them.  When the above switch is added, the -login, -password options do not work, making me think something in _bFilterEmpty=false is making the command line option parser barf.

The '_' options must be first on the line.

Try something like this:
_bFilterEmpty=false -login=test@test.com -password=test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users