HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2 Raider Update Patch Notes

Update

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#121 Phhase

Phhase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:16 PM

Harlotry, on April 30 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Maybe you guys should quit rehashing mechs and release more maps_  I'm so incredibly sick of Origin.  Or, maybe design some actual new weapons so you can come up with actual new mechs_  Or work on your matchmaking system that continues to dump players into games that are about to end_

New mechs are the last thing that's going to keep players around.  Just sayin'.

Um. Maps are boring. The maps we have are really quite good, I especially like Bazaar and Origin, so a map release seems like more of a waste of time to me than a mech release. Mech releases affect the balance of the game, adding new and exicting facets to the game. Mech releases are the best. You're probably just mad you didn't buy the Raider and chose to max something else ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

#122 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:52 PM

omg this is the worst mech ever, useless ability, very slow, cant believe it #doublefacepalm

#123 SimplyHuffy

SimplyHuffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:01 PM

Love the central serves probably the smoothest experience i have had yet.

#124 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostWarlordZ, on May 01 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on May 01 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

View PostTimerider, on May 01 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Landing from a ledge or from hovering required a brief second for the Mech to recover. This made the movement feel a bit unresponsive and sluggish, so the recovery time was greatly reduced.[/font]
Uh, they're giant f***ing mechs. Aren't they supposed to be sluggish_
How many mechs have you driven lately_
This.  I have to admit, the game has moved beyond even semi-realistic physics.  The landing delay wasn't really doing anything except creating a forced stop in a game that is all about mobility.
I agree half way. I wish the delay would have stayed if you were just walking/running, but made it so momentum was kept when going from boosting -> hover or boost -> falling and only allowed movement speed to be maintained if the mechs horizontal speed exceeded 3/4th of the mech's maximum boost speed.

#125 Mythril_Golem

Mythril_Golem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostReEvolve, on May 01 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 30 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Are there... are there 5 different fonts on a single banner_

This hurts me as a graphic designer...

Posted Image

Are your eyes bleeding yet_

I think my eyes are bleeding.
tbh it does kinda remind me of the advertising in some asian markets i've seen. just everything everywhere, with no thought to composition or readability :P

#126 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostReEvolve, on May 01 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 30 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Are there... are there 5 different fonts on a single banner_

This hurts me as a graphic designer...

Posted Image

Are your eyes bleeding yet_

I think my eyes are bleeding.

I love it!  I just wish there was some Khang Le ads of him riding mechs. :D

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, May 01 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#127 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostBlasterh22, on May 01 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

omg this is the worst mech ever, useless ability, very slow, cant believe it #doublefacepalm
Are you high_ It's a heavy that walks faster than some lights boost.

#128 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:31 PM

Can we have a new map, that's actually good instead of mechs that are just over-glorified rip-offs of other mechs_

Ya know, it'd be appreciated

Posted Image

#129 McChizzl3

McChizzl3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:32 PM

WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYY_!_!_!_ Why did you take away the grenadiers turret mode!_ he was my favorite mech and now his new ability sucks. Please revert the granadier back to its formal glory!

#130 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostMcChizzl3, on May 01 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYY_!_!_!_ Why did you take away the grenadiers turret mode!_ he was my favorite mech and now his new ability sucks. Please revert the granadier back to its formal glory!

Turret mode is awful. I like the new ability, though it could be better. I'd like to see it toss a bunch of nades in an area around the mech. That would be cool.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#131 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:42 PM

Spent a little bit of time with the G2 Raider and playing around Grenadier, figured I'd leave a little feedback here.

I'm very underwhelmed by the G2 Raider to be honest. While I understand the need to keep the speed of a C-Class in check the G2 Raider just feels sluggish and the ability is pretty much useless. It's like I have a brief moment of "Yea this is just li... oh it's over" While playing Siege on Origin (Titan) I used the ability heading back into the base to deliver some EU. Triggering it at the entrance I didn't even make it to the EU disposal point before I was out of fuel and walking along. I'm baffled by this to be honest. When using it to engage in combat it just results in death because your fuel is completely depleted meaning any major moves are out the window for a few seconds after engaging.

The span of the ability is so short it isn't even viable to run away with because you make it about 30 yards before you're back to a snail's pace. The movement outside of the ability leaves a lot to be desired as well. It's like playing in a Brawler that doesn't have the health or fire rate to truly stay engaged in any meaningful way. Run speed is slow, boost speed is slow, fuel regen is terrible, and this wasn't close to what I was expecting though I'll admit I was anticipating a rather OP mech but this_ This feels like the exact opposite.

Now I will say I've seen a few people who normally play Raider do well in the G2-Raider and it definitely has some nice burst potential but it's so lacking everywhere else I don't see it being a widely played mech after the next few days.

I'd use the G2 Raider ability to make a quick run to the fridge in my apartment and even then I question if it would get me back to my computer before running out of fuel.

If the movement speed is gonna be so slow and the ability will be this short then give it some bite so it can at least stay in the fight without getting out gunned by just about everything. Reload times are way too slow for how slow the mech moves and if I'm going to hamper my movement speeds I may as well go with Brawler so I have an extra 125 armor, Turret Mode that can sometimes be useful, and the Flak/TOW combo which can output enough game to deter people from attacking me.

On the flip side of this is the Grenadier ability change which I love. It keeps the Grenadier's original role of suppression intact while not limiting its mobility yet the ability isn't at a point where it feels OP. It's great for a sudden burst of damage when pressing the AA or simply trying to drive the enemy team back. It can get a little ridiculous when there are several Grenadiers on the map in objective modes but I think that will even out once everyone gets it out of their system and starts returning to their original preferred mechs. I definitely want to see more changes like this to the C-Classes in order to replace questionable Turret Modes like Brawler and Rocketeer.

So yea the G2 Raider is very underwhelming and feels like it needs some serious re-evaluation to get it to a point where its a viable option on the battlefield. I appreciate trying to make it different from Raider by focusing on run speed instead of boosting but it honestly needs to move away from fuel usage in favor of a set amount of time. Give it a good 8 seconds or so of high speed movement and double the cool down time afterwards. Right now the reward isn't nearly worth the price you pay not to mention in order to get the speed advantage you have to give up benefits from things like Deflectors which the original Raider doesn't have to do.

If Prosk's response to the Raider is the G2 Raider then they should have gone out of business a long time ago because it doesn't fill the same role and doesn't give it a different twist in any positive way in my opinion.

Posted Image

#132 SourOrange

SourOrange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think you should make it a choice for the c class new ability

Or you can have the turret mode one thing... and the new ability another.. so you have like 2 abilities... but one protects you... and the other is like a boost but it has a cool down... you get what I'm saying_

I love turret mode and you are going to remove it... you know you guys are just going to make the whole "c" class worthless by doing this...

Also.. improve your g2 mechs... I thought they were suppose to be better than the orignals... there are lots of complaints about the g2 raider and the original assault soooooo much better than the g2

Other patches are great...

I love hawken

Ps: this won't happen but... make it possible to get mc without using money...
The least you can do is give 100 mc for every 10 lvls

Edited by SourOrange, May 01 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#133 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:50 PM

ill

#134 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:31 PM

Why does everyone hate the rocketeers turret mode_  I think I'm in the minority when I say "LEAVE IT ALONE! >:o"  

Unless they change it so Hellfires lobby double missiles OR smart-flight (IE, they'll not turn and bash right into some oldarse building when a fuzzy bunny A class dodges behind a building), leave the damn bloody thing alone!

#135 ZoePaige

ZoePaige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:57 PM

Okay, I absolutely LOVE the central server and as an Okie I 100% approve. I live in a house cursed with a netflix user and having a closer server is an absolute blessing. I gave the east/west ones a go and ping was 500+, and now I'm starting to call the US Central server home.

Haven't run into any G2 raiders, or grenadiers, but my god thousands of ultra-hyper speed scouts going berserk with shotties and two-hit-kill on full health reapers.

And as per the "more maps" arguements, I also agree. More mechs that you can shake a stick at. If you're gonna do more mechs, save them for a "complete G2 update". More maps, more variety, and then maybe do more G2s and maybe even do fully custom "ground up" role classes. Chose a weight class, the body parts, secondary, ability, and let us choose a primary from ALL of them. But only in the initial build. More parts can be bought, but only up to three primaries. Then introduce a marketplace where we can sell mechs/parts we don't want and other players can buy them up if they need. MC is not available for the peer-to-peer marketplace for ANYTHING. No players with deep pockets allowed.

And maybe allow us to upload a single 200sq px custom camo. But only one.

Aaaaaaaand cue the hate replies!

#136 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:04 PM

I've been playing some few games with my new G2 Raider and I think that many of you guys are not getting the point on how to play this mech yet... I'm still exploring what this mech can do on the battlefield so I may be wrong... or not.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#137 JoeMech

JoeMech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:20 PM

Initial thoughts on the the Raiderette, I mean the G2-Raider "grin". Too slow. I mean SLOW. Slower than a Vanguard. And the special ability is like a casual jog that only last for a few seconds. Not what I think of when I think of a Raider. Oh and it dodges like a freight train, Ugg. Also, without a turret mode, the arms serve no purpose. Lose them and give me speed, speed I tell you!

Regarding the guns, I was hoping the guns would be better, and in my opinion, they are way under powered for a C class mech. Not a fan of the T32-Bolt XT, but that may be personal preference as I do not like shrapnel guns that have to load up. Would have preferred the ReFLAK-35 XT.

Regardless, thanks for the new mech, I will endeavour to learn its strengths and weaknesses. /Rant

Oh yeah, where is the Hula Girl cockpit item I asked for_ Waiting!!!

#138 JoeMech

JoeMech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:24 PM

KejiGoto, on May 01 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

I'd use the G2 Raider ability to make a quick run to the fridge in my apartment and even then I question if it would get me back to my computer before running out of fuel.

LMAO!

#139 Cakalele

Cakalele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone Notice the Crushingblow damage_

its 144 damage. 288 from Heavy Mechs.

Imagine when a Brawler step on ur head from behind when u're using Reaper.

or Infiltrator (even it only deal 144 damage), they can do this easily since they can Hover why in INVISIBILITY status.

you'll die before you even realize the situation lol

WAY TOO OP.

Why didnt make a Secondary Melee weapon Instead.
it has x1.5 tow rocket damage, with slower attack rate for example.
and its available for every class.
it'll be simpler than adding more different primary/secondary weapon for every class i guess :D

#140 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 01 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on May 01 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Spent a little bit of time with the G2 Raider and playing around Grenadier, figured I'd leave a little feedback here.

I'm very underwhelmed by the G2 Raider to be honest. While I understand the need to keep the speed of a C-Class in check the G2 Raider just feels sluggish and the ability is pretty much useless. It's like I have a brief moment of "Yea this is just li... oh it's over" While playing Siege on Origin (Titan) I used the ability heading back into the base to deliver some EU. Triggering it at the entrance I didn't even make it to the EU disposal point before I was out of fuel and walking along. I'm baffled by this to be honest. When using it to engage in combat it just results in death because your fuel is completely depleted meaning any major moves are out the window for a few seconds after engaging.

The span of the ability is so short it isn't even viable to run away with because you make it about 30 yards before you're back to a snail's pace. The movement outside of the ability leaves a lot to be desired as well. It's like playing in a Brawler that doesn't have the health or fire rate to truly stay engaged in any meaningful way. Run speed is slow, boost speed is slow, fuel regen is terrible, and this wasn't close to what I was expecting though I'll admit I was anticipating a rather OP mech but this_ This feels like the exact opposite.

Now I will say I've seen a few people who normally play Raider do well in the G2-Raider and it definitely has some nice burst potential but it's so lacking everywhere else I don't see it being a widely played mech after the next few days.

If the movement speed is gonna be so slow and the ability will be this short then give it some bite so it can at least stay in the fight without getting out gunned by just about everything. Reload times are way too slow for how slow the mech moves and if I'm going to hamper my movement speeds I may as well go with Brawler so I have an extra 125 armor, Turret Mode that can sometimes be useful, and the Flak/TOW combo which can output enough game to deter people from attacking me.

On the flip side of this is the Grenadier ability change which I love. It keeps the Grenadier's original role of suppression intact while not limiting its mobility yet the ability isn't at a point where it feels OP. It's great for a sudden burst of damage when pressing the AA or simply trying to drive the enemy team back. It can get a little ridiculous when there are several Grenadiers on the map in objective modes but I think that will even out once everyone gets it out of their system and starts returning to their original preferred mechs. I definitely want to see more changes like this to the C-Classes in order to replace questionable Turret Modes like Brawler and Rocketeer.

So yea the G2 Raider is very underwhelming and feels like it needs some serious re-evaluation to get it to a point where its a viable option on the battlefield. I appreciate trying to make it different from Raider by focusing on run speed instead of boosting but it honestly needs to move away from fuel usage in favor of a set amount of time. Give it a good 8 seconds or so of high speed movement and double the cool down time afterwards. Right now the reward isn't nearly worth the price you pay not to mention in order to get the speed advantage you have to give up benefits from things like Deflectors which the original Raider doesn't have to do.

If Prosk's response to the Raider is the G2 Raider then they should have gone out of business a long time ago because it doesn't fill the same role and doesn't give it a different twist in any positive way in my opinion.

QFT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users