HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2 Raider Update Patch Notes

Update

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#81 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 01 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Sustained doesn't care because overall exposure is the more relevant factor to sustain, not how long someone is stuck in one place.
Exactly, i would even argue that  in general, not counting only duels, it benefits air  burst mech more, Especially kiting, like Braconiere often does.
Fly out of corner,  fire your shots,  dodge back in and reposition yourself faster than before, even less exposure time.
__
But  i see your point now, and most demonstrative example would be  open field battle  of air burst vs air sustain, but i still don't agree that it's a straight buff to sustain.

The ability to remove the delay was always there, it was just harder to do and required timing. Hover too early, you stay too long in the air. Hover too late, you do this awkward jump. Lessening the delay to nothingness is just another way of "X too hard_ Let the game do it for you." The dominant hovering mechs are sustained type (berserker, assault) so I see this mainly as a buff to sustain.

Edited by Kopra, May 01 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#82 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostKopra, on May 01 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

The ability to remove the delay was always there, it was just harder to do and required timing. Hover too early, you stay too long in the air. Hover too late, you do this awkward jump. Removal of the delay is just another way of "X too hard_ Let the game do it for you." The dominant hovering mechs are sustained type (berserker, assault) so I see this mainly as a buff to sustain.
Then i might have misunderstood this completely, there still is a bit of delay even if you hover before landing,   can feel it on c class especially, was thinking it will be reduced,  if its just stun from falling then ye, it's 1 more step towards casuals, not punishing  for mistakes, and not even affecting what DerMax was talking about.

Edited by Ker4u, May 01 2014 - 06:01 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#83 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:13 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 01 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

View PostKopra, on May 01 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

The ability to remove the delay was always there, it was just harder to do and required timing. Hover too early, you stay too long in the air. Hover too late, you do this awkward jump. Removal of the delay is just another way of "X too hard_ Let the game do it for you." The dominant hovering mechs are sustained type (berserker, assault) so I see this mainly as a buff to sustain.
Then i might have misunderstood this completely, there still is a bit of delay even if you hover before landing,   can feel it on c class especially, was thinking it will be reduced,  if its just stun from falling then ye, it's 1 more step towards casuals, not punishing  for mistakes, and not even affecting what DerMax was talking about.

I mean exactly that brief delay, that you can prevent by going in a direction and boosting at the very end of the fall. It doesn't work when falling from higher spots (best you can do is not get stunned, but get the brief delay). Because it's at the very end, it tends to make you jump if you time it too late. It's not a flashy maneuver but it feels great when it succeeds and movement is very fluid if you do it correctly.

EDIT: QUICK VIDEO OF IT BEFORE THE PATCH HITS

Edited by Kopra, May 01 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#84 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:23 AM

too much talking, where the F is the update___

#85 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostBlasterh22, on May 01 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Please scroll all the way up and notice the yellow strip saying “HAWKEN game servers will be unavailable on 5/1/14 at 9:30 a.m. PDT (GMT-7) as we deploy the G2 Raider Update.

9:30 a.m. PDT is in 2 hours.

#86 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:33 AM

DerMax, on May 01 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

Posted ImageBlasterh22, on , said:

Please scroll all the way up and notice the yellow strip saying “HAWKEN game servers will be unavailable on 5/1/14 at 9:30 a.m. PDT (GMT-7) as we deploy the G2 Raider Update.

9:30 a.m. PDT is in 2 hours.

LOL
thx bro!

#87 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:40 AM

And please fix the shield, it is no longer possible to shoot when being under it and it definitely open / "appears" too late (a millisecond after being killed) ... + ...

#88 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:47 AM

And please fix the shield, it is no longer possible to shoot when being under it and it definitely open / "appears" too late (a millisecond after being killed) ... + ...
what_ :D
shield is working good for me. i use it, and it's normal :lol:

#89 NovaTempest

NovaTempest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:54 AM

Wasn't Expecting a G2 Raider AT ALL.

Though that is a nice little twist. I'm a bit skeptical on removing the grenadier's turret mode though, That turret was literally the best thing going for it. Now that its replaced with a temporary mode, I have a bad feeling the few I have seen use it will use that mech even less. I barely use it myself.

Im curious to see what becomes of the extra body models in the medium and light classes, I have a good hunch those will also become G2s of some sort. Yet a G2 of the Technician or Infiltrator would be extremely interesting to see. I will have to work my way to that new G2 as I JUST bought the technician. XD

Cant wait to see what else comes out of this game! Keep those new toys coming Devs!
WARNING: Ballistic Pilot Ahead!

Posted Image

#90 ZyderZee

ZyderZee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMIDWEST USA

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:30 AM

new mechs nice, new maps and game modes would be so much better, the community has been asking for this for a long time now, when will we see some_

#91 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#92 Shincure

Shincure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:37 AM

When the tech will get his third secondary weapon__

#93 MrPoporucha

MrPoporucha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:43 AM

Waitwaitwait...are you telling me that I can't camp turret mode in siege/MA with my Grenie_ Me sad pilot,right here

#94 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:46 AM

View Postdeidarall, on May 01 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Here is to hoping you guys do not dare remove vanguard turret mode ~_~

On the Cockpit, Vana specifically said that Vanguard turret mode was one they were planning on keeping.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#95 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostSaturnine, on May 01 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

View Postdeidarall, on May 01 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Here is to hoping you guys do not dare remove vanguard turret mode ~_~

On the Cockpit, Vana specifically said that Vanguard turret mode was one they were planning on keeping.

I hope they keep Brawler/Vanguard turret mode.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#96 Koveak_Qc

Koveak_Qc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 30 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

MOAR C CLASS BUFF, MOAAAAAAAAAAR

and F the damn A class mechs, cuz the good players kick the noob's asses with them, so they say; A class OP, so the devs nerf em and make them like paper, and buff what da noobs play. No one uses A class in competitive play anymore (maybe the only guy is Exeon).

Life ain't fair, and I know I aint gon change that ...

hmm.. he's not totaly wrong..

#97 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostDaPheel, on May 01 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

I hope they keep Brawler/Vanguard turret mode.

I think he hinted Brawler would be getting a changed ability, too.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#98 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:52 AM

WOW. Sounds like a great update and a G2 that will kick all kinds of fuzzy things!

#99 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:55 AM

Patch notes look interesting.
Haven't really climbed into my cockpit in some time now, this may just get me back out there on the battlefields. A few iffy changes imo, but I'll wait until I'm done patching and test things out before I comment.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#100 Xeonight

Xeonight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 09:07 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 30 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Developer's Note: The winds of change have blown through the mech garages over here at Adhesive and many Heavy mech abilities are currently being re-worked. Let’s be clear; we love Turret Mode. We think its fun, it looks cool, and overall functions very well as an ability. However, we do feel that Turret Mode just doesn’t fit some Heavy mechs and that they would be better suited with a more traditional ability.

You ARE going to do something similar for the Rocketeer_ right_ cuz that heavy is meant to FLY, not sit still in turreted mode...
Maybe have the ability literally insta-lock missiles_ no need to press the button_ maybe even no lock system, the missiles auto-lock when fired... (then again, they'd be going at the wrong target half the time...) possibly with a slight damage buff to the missiles when the ability is active_

Just some thoughts, but turreted rocketeer is so..... vulnerable IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users