HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2 Raider Update Patch Notes

Update

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#61 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 01 2014 - 01:19 AM

basically it's a suicide alpha strike machine

Description: Search and Destroy Assault Vehicle
Description: Search and Destroy, then Suicide Venicle
just mistake in description XD

also, guys who asking about back-boost (back-dodge), I congratulate you. You succeeded.
when you run backwards in ability, you can have a 32m/s speed. Actually, it is a official "back-boost" ability on mech.

#62 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted May 01 2014 - 01:54 AM

This looks like a very nice patch :)

#63 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:30 AM

Grenadier's turret mode was already one of the most viable turret modes, other being Vanguard's. +20% damage and +30% radius meant you could pepper anyone out of a chokepoint. Straight out "press F to get a damage bonus" like Berserker's is boring, easy and too powerful for its ease of use. Artillery Turret Mode was good because it had powerful effects but you could also outplay it if your opponent couldn't position him- or herself correctly.
i love play with HEAT, old turret mode was useless for me (q_q).
but it's working good with Rev and Vulcan...i think, remove of turret mode will be better in rocketeer.

#64 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:41 AM

The patch is fantastic, but I totally don't understand this:

• Landing from a ledge or from hovering required a brief second for the Mech to recover. This made the movement feel a bit unresponsive and sluggish, so the recovery time was greatly reduced. Landing after falling from higher ledges will still cause a slight stumble.

It does make the movement feel a bit unresponsive, and that is for a reason—landing and dodging are two mechanics that make 1v1 play with burst weapons strategic. This change will make sustained weapons even stronger than they are now.

#65 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostDerMax, on May 01 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

• Landing from a ledge or from hovering required a brief second for the Mech to recover. This made the movement feel a bit unresponsive and sluggish, so the recovery time was greatly reduced. Landing after falling from higher ledges will still cause a slight stumble.

It does make the movement feel a bit unresponsive, and that is for a reason—landing and dodging are two mechanics that make 1v1 play with burst weapons strategic. This change will make sustained weapons even stronger than they are now.
how does this benefit sustained mechs more than  for example AC heat scout_

Edited by Ker4u, May 01 2014 - 02:50 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#66 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 01 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yes, but then the normals go "What's a typeface_"
"normals". :D

When I first saw this banner with the G2 Raider somewhere else, I thought it was a joke or a fanart.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#67 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 01 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Sustained is more forgiving, burst has to rely more on mistakes the opponent does, like landing and becoming prone to burst weaponry. Punishing hurrdurring flying AC mechs that can't do the very brief hover to remove the delay was a thing. Now it's removed, catering more to the brains off, spacebar down -mentality.

#68 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:13 AM

WHEN_

#69 _Xen_

_Xen_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostBlasterh22, on May 01 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

WHEN_

"On May 1, a new mech will be making its appearance..."

#70 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:20 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 30 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

To combat the Sentium Raider Mech

D:
    Posted Image

#71 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:26 AM

_Xen_, on May 01 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Posted ImageBlasterh22, on , said:

WHEN_

is May 1 today_ I dont see any updates

#72 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,448 posts
    • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostBlasterh22, on May 01 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

_Xen_, on May 01 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

WHEN_

Maybe you guys should check the banner at the top of the site, you might find answers there.
    Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#73 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,341 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostKopra, on May 01 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

Sustained is more forgiving, burst has to rely more on mistakes the opponent does, like landing and becoming prone to burst weaponry. Punishing hurrdurring flying AC mechs that can't do the very brief hover to remove the delay was a thing. Now it's removed, catering more to the brains off, spacebar down -mentality.

Still don't understand  how it benefits  sustained more, yes they are forgiving, so what, isn't it a general jumping buff_  If you take jumping scout vs  ground scout, second one will have same disadvantages as if he was fighting vs zerker(even  added splash from secondary), no_
    Expand on your point of view please.

Edited by Ker4u, May 01 2014 - 04:12 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#74 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:09 AM

Teljaxx, on May 01 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

_Xen_, on , said:

WHEN_

Maybe you guys should check the banner at the top of the site, you might find answers there.

nope, no answers there

#75 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 290 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:15 AM

Here is to hoping you guys do not dare remove vanguard turret mode ~_~
    May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#76 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 43 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:16 AM

When are you going to FIX Rocky_
    It became useless now...

#77 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 41 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:31 AM

I got the raider, and did`nt really like it, but I hope this ones better ☺
    Go away

#78 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 275 posts
    • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:35 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 01 2014 - 04:07 AM, said:

View PostKopra, on May 01 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

Still don't understand  how it benefits  sustained more, yes they are forgiving, so what, isn't it a general jumping buff_  If you take jumping scout vs  ground scout, second one will have same disadvantages as if he was fighting vs zerker(even  added splash from secondary), no_
    Expand on your point of view please.

It is a general jumping buff, yes. The thing is, using a sustained weapon like SMC is less affected because you're still hitting most of your bullets, even with wild dodging and jumping around (midrange at least). Heat and EOC projectiles move slowly in an ever faster game, so it's harder to just use raw aim to continuously hit your enemy, as the enemy can simply dodge those shots. You have to rely on reading your opponent's actions, force usage of dodge to guarantee another weapon's shot hitting. One of the windows of guaranteed hits was when landing occurred. The removal of one window like this is a nerf to burst, sustained doesn't care because overall exposure is the more relevant factor to sustain, not how long someone is stuck in one place.

#79 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,341 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:04 AM

Sustained doesn't care because overall exposure is the more relevant factor to sustain, not how long someone is stuck in one place.
    Exactly, i would even argue that  in general, not counting only duels, it benefits air  burst mech more, Especially kiting, like Braconiere often does.
    Fly out of corner,  fire your shots,  dodge back in and reposition yourself faster than before, even less exposure time.
    __
    But  i see your point now, and most demonstrative example would be  open field battle  of air burst vs air sustain, but i still don't agree that it's a straight buff to sustain.

- lok'tar ogar -

#80 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,762 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:12 AM

ker4u, how I understand, that it will smooth out the problem for heavy mechs. Because sometimes they get a "debuff after landing" when fall from a small bump. This is noticeable on maps with different concessions like Uptown. I often suffer from it on my brawler (q_q)
    we know more after some hours XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users