HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2 Raider Update Patch Notes

Update

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#161 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted May 03 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostSkunch, on May 03 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on April 30 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Not if you like having nearly wayyyy more armor and a lot more defensive ability (plus you havn't even seen what's going to happen when we rework the Brawler ability ;))

The brawler rework should be a melee ability! I want to smash people with claw-shields!
gtfo

JK JK
I`ll fix it later.

#162 Kerem211

Kerem211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 08:26 AM

Good

#163 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 04 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostAregon, on May 03 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostSkunch, on May 03 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on April 30 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Not if you like having nearly wayyyy more armor and a lot more defensive ability (plus you havn't even seen what's going to happen when we rework the Brawler ability ;))

The brawler rework should be a melee ability! I want to smash people with claw-shields!
gtfo

I'm dead serious

Fixed it for you.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#164 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 04 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostMythril_Golem, on May 01 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostReEvolve, on May 01 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 30 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Are there... are there 5 different fonts on a single banner_

This hurts me as a graphic designer...

Posted Image

Are your eyes bleeding yet_

I think my eyes are bleeding.
tbh it does kinda remind me of the advertising in some asian markets i've seen. just everything everywhere, with no thought to composition or readability :P
Actually, in the latest Dev stream, they actually said that was the intent behind the design of the market menu.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#165 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted May 04 2014 - 06:00 PM

I have just returned from a weekend of learning how to save lives.

Now I can finally have a chance to take lives in the new G2-Raider. Hope I like it.

#166 Sintenel

Sintenel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hi, i'm just casual player. And i buy Grenade mech for his COOL TURRET ability. I WANNA TROW THIS GRENADES ALL TIME NOT 8 sec. If you replace mech abilites, take the opportunity to sell the modified mech's for the full cost, as is done for example in Hearthstone.
P.S. ofc, with return full cost of all equipment.

Edited by Sintenel, May 04 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#167 Fuzzy_Bunny

Fuzzy_Bunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 03 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on May 02 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Common knowledge, or not, it's still telling that you don't have nothing to show for your highly egotistical "This hurts me as a graphic designer...".  Put up, or shut up.  Where's your work_  Ain't it easy to criticize when you don't show your own "work" for others to judge_
Dude. Chill out. It's called a joke.
Do you know what a joke is_ Because it seems like everybody except you seemed to have understood it.
Posted Image

That I don't put up any of my own stuff isn't at all telling, because it'd be ridiculous for me to do so, just to prove something to a random guy, oversensitive guy on the internet with no sense of humor.

And like Nokari said, it's more a guideline than a rule, and logos don't usually get counted (The guideline is there to help a piece maintain a cohesive and consistant look, and logos are their own little pieces even if they're on a larger part, and therefor not subject to the same design). And even if you do believe it's a rule, I was taught "Rules are meant to be broken."

Design-wise, it's not terrible or anything, and besides that it's just a patch notes banner so it doesn't even matter.

But **** me for trying to make a joke, right_

Haha!  But no.  Now isn't that the cheap way to try to save face, to say it was a joke all along.  Sorry buddy, ain't gonna happen.  I find it funny you don't quote your own responses to let others know what your responses were like.  If your first post was a joke, it wouldn't come off as a know-it-all S.O.B.  And your response to me would have initially been a "It was a joke."  But like it is, mister know-it-all comes back huffing with his knowledge, "You realize that a 2-3 font limit is one of the first things that is taught in any decent graphic design program_ It's common knowledge among any graphic designer. "  Your demeanor stinks.  And don't try to ride on Nokari's reasonable comment.  I already acknowledged he wasn't anything like you.

And oversensitive_  No.. it's called being sensitive to others.  Someone did make that banner... it didn't just float in from the ether.  Maybe you should develop some sense in that area before opening your mouth.

Nice graphic by the way Mr. Graphic Designer.  Grab more stuff from the internet.

#168 Sire_of_Suns

Sire_of_Suns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on May 05 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Common knowledge, or not, it's still telling that you don't have nothing to show for your highly egotistical "This hurts me as a graphic designer...".  Put up, or shut up.  Where's your work_  Ain't it easy to criticize when you don't show your own "work" for others to judge_
Do you know what a joke is_ Because it seems like everybody except you seemed to have understood it.
Posted Image

That I don't put up any of my own stuff isn't at all telling, because it'd be ridiculous for me to do so, just to prove something to a random guy, oversensitive guy on the internet with no sense of humor.

And like Nokari said, it's more a guideline than a rule, and logos don't usually get counted (The guideline is there to help a piece maintain a cohesive and consistant look, and logos are their own little pieces even if they're on a larger part, and therefor not subject to the same design). And even if you do believe it's a rule, I was taught "Rules are meant to be broken."

Design-wise, it's not terrible or anything, and besides that it's just a patch notes banner so it doesn't even matter.

Haha!  But no.  Now isn't that the cheap way to try to save face, to say it was a joke all along.  Sorry buddy, ain't gonna happen.  I find it funny you don't quote your own responses to let others know what your responses were like.  If your first post was a joke, it wouldn't come off as a know-it-all S.O.B.  And your response to me would have initially been a "It was a joke."  But like it is, mister know-it-all comes back huffing with his knowledge, "You realize that a 2-3 font limit is one of the first things that is taught in any decent graphic design program_ It's common knowledge among any graphic designer. "  Your demeanor stinks.  And don't try to ride on Nokari's reasonable comment.  I already acknowledged he wasn't anything like you.

And oversensitive_  No.. it's called being sensitive to others.  Someone did make that banner... it didn't just float in from the ether.  Maybe you should develop some sense in that area before opening your mouth.

Nice graphic by the way Mr. Graphic Designer.  Grab more stuff from the internet.

Fuzzy_Bunny,
Portfolio has nothing to do with it. If that were the case, we should all have a background check performed before posting anything, shouldn't we_
I am saddened by your hostility here, as the rest of your posts are not usually so.

It seems we have passed the age of the critic, the age of critiquing the critic has come.

#169 Fuzzy_Bunny

Fuzzy_Bunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostSire_of_Suns, on May 05 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fuzzy_Bunny,
Portfolio has nothing to do with it. If that were the case, we should all have a background check performed before posting anything, shouldn't we_
I am saddened by your hostility here, as the rest of your posts are not usually so.

It seems we have passed the age of the critic, the age of critiquing the critic has come.

Sire_of_Suns, portfolio has everything to do with it.  If you can't back your excrement up, don't leave it on the floor. :P Haha!
I'm glad you see I'm usually not this way.  I was just being honest.
There's is nothing wrong with critiquing the critic.  What makes them pass as the so-called experts_
Thank you for your time.

#170 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:02 PM

Haha!  But no.  Now isn't that the cheap way to try to save face, to say it was a joke all along.
I don't know what to say dude. It was clearly a joke. Look at all the likes on the original post.
Ask one of those people if they thought I was serious.

Don't get mad and start calling me names just because you didn't get it and now feel foolish.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#171 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:40 PM

Great another G2... a quite unoriginal concept... new mechs please that are original.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#172 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:47 PM

Fuzzy_Bunny,

Mistake #9

#173 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on May 05 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Haha!  But no.  Now isn't that the cheap way to try to save face, to say it was a joke all along.  Sorry buddy, ain't gonna happen.  I find it funny you don't quote your own responses to let others know what your responses were like.  If your first post was a joke, it wouldn't come off as a know-it-all S.O.B.  And your response to me would have initially been a "It was a joke."  But like it is, mister know-it-all comes back huffing with his knowledge, "[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You realize that a 2-3 font limit is one of the first things that is taught in any decent graphic design program_ It's common knowledge among any graphic designer. [/font]"  Your demeanor stinks.  And don't try to ride on Nokari's reasonable comment.  I already acknowledged he wasn't anything like you.

Fuzzy_Bunny,

Sire_of_Suns, portfolio has everything to do with it.  If you can't back your excrement up, don't leave it on the floor. :P Haha!
I'm glad you see I'm usually not this way.  I was just being honest.
There's is nothing wrong with critiquing the critic.  What makes them pass as the so-called experts_
Thank you for your time.
Dude ... you must chill. Get a nice sauna going, grab a few beers, nice ladies feeding you sandwiches or guys or animals whatever you prefer. Everyone seems to get the joke but you... so take advice from a really lay backed guy... chill...

Posted Image

Now take all this and GTFO ... and come back when your nice and chillaxed... BAI!!! :P :D

Edited by Bazookagofer, May 05 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#174 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:12 PM

Fixed.

Posted Image

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#175 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:30 PM

Great direction to go!!

Posted Image

Make it happen!
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#176 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on May 05 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

stuff
stuff
stuff
stuff
stuff

Fuzzy, are you twelve_
intentional troll. but really. shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, May 05 2014 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#177 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted May 05 2014 - 09:40 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on May 05 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Fixed.

Posted Image
And this is why ZamboniChaos lost his job.
I`ll fix it later.

#178 Mykinius

Mykinius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 02:38 PM

Fixed.

Posted Image
I think I love you.

G2 Raider hotfix: We listened to your feedback, and gave Blitz G2 an overhaul! Rather than making your walk fast, it now deploys a projectile similar to the ISM disruptor. Rather than disrupt vision for a few seconds, it replaces affected players' HUDs with an alternate version that uses Comic Sans XT instead of the usual fonts. Blitz G2's effect can hit friendlies, and it never expires.

#179 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 04:04 PM

Fixed.

Posted Image
what was fixed_

#180 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 06 2014 - 07:32 PM

View Postzorin1, on May 06 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Fixed.

Posted Image
what was fixed_
Everything has been standardized to glorious Comic Sans, the most noble, refined, and elegant of typefaces.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, May 06 2014 - 07:43 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users