HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hobbes' Hawken Handbook (Work in Progress)

Community Game Video

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 11 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 11 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

My Raider video has finally Blitzed its way onto my guide! As always I hope you guys enjoy the video and learn a thing or two from watching. Next up will be my Scout video! Only 3 more mechs I need to cover and the Beginner's section of the mech guides will be complete!

Posted Image

YOU LIED TO ME

Posted Image

Spoiler

#42 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 11 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostMeraple, on June 11 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 11 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

My Raider video has finally Blitzed its way onto my guide! As always I hope you guys enjoy the video and learn a thing or two from watching. Next up will be my Scout video! Only 3 more mechs I need to cover and the Beginner's section of the mech guides will be complete!

Posted Image

YOU LIED TO ME
Lol, upload lag from the US to Europe_ I dunno. It's working now. xD
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#43 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:18 PM

Just a small note, I re-uploaded my first video because in the initial one I uploaded my voice was too difficult to hear. The newer version is all the same content, just the audio levels were adjusted. Just FYI. It should be ready to view once Youtube has finished uploading and processing the video.

#44 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:29 PM

My Scout video has finally rushed onto my guide! Hope you guys like it and I'll be bringing you the Predator next!

#45 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 13 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

My Scoot video has finally rushed onto my guide! Hope you guys like it and I'll be bringing you the Pretzel next!

PRETZELS
GIMME

Posted Image

#46 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 14 2014 - 06:45 AM

My Scout video has finally rushed onto my guide! Hope you guys like it and I'll be bringing you the Predator next!
You mentioned in the video (at 10:59) that the Heat Cannon has more burst damage than the Flak Cannon; how is does this work out_ The Flak does 108 damage per shot while a the charged Heat only does 85.

Edited by mmm_yep, June 14 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#47 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 14 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Postmmm_yep, on June 14 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

You mentioned in the video (at 10:59) that the Heat Cannon has more burst damage than the Flak Cannon; how is does this work out_ The Flak does 108 damage per shot while a the charged Heat only does 85.
Uh...... Magic_ xD

I guess I should correct myself. The heat cannon does more burst damage at a greater range than a Flak Cannon. Flak Cannon's damage is split up into multiple pellets while with the heat cannon, all the damage is in a single shot. It's basically a rocket launcher vs a shotgun. Take your pick.

#48 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 14 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 14 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

View Postmmm_yep, on June 14 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Uh...... Magic_ xD

I guess I should correct myself. The heat cannon does more burst damage at a greater range than a Flak Cannon. Flak Cannon's damage is split up into multiple pellets while with the heat cannon, all the damage is in a single shot. It's basically a rocket launcher vs a shotgun. Take your pick.
Gotchya, thanks for the clarification.

#49 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 12:19 PM

Seems like my Predator Video has finally snuck its way onto my guide... Hope you guys enjoy it, however I feel like the one video wasn't enough to cover the complexity of the Predator. So, if you guys would like, just let me know what you want me to cover in my videos. Just one more mech, the G2 Raider, and all my initial mech videos will be completed! I'm always willing to do more for you guys, so feel free to let me know what you guys would like me to go over!

#50 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 01:21 PM

My G2 raider video is here! Finally managed to put up all the videos introducing the Mechs. I'm still going to add more to this guide, so feel free to leave your suggestions!

#51 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 17 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Seems like my Predator Video has finally snuck its way onto my guide... Hope you guys enjoy it, however I feel like the one video wasn't enough to cover the complexity of the Predator. So, if you guys would like, just let me know what you want me to cover in my videos. Just one more mech, the G2 Raider, and all my initial mech videos will be completed! I'm always willing to do more for you guys, so feel free to let me know what you guys would like me to go over!
I liked the video very much! A few mistakes about numbers but no biggie and thanks so much for recommending us on your video Hobbes much appreciated. Overall you did a good job on the Predator, I look forward to the other segments for it.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#52 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 19 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 17 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

I liked the part about the EOC Rep + Pred combo.  Tis my favorite combo as well.

#53 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 06:36 PM

Wouldn't it have been better to showcase the mechs in a real game_
Posted Image

#54 AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHồ Chí Minh city, VietNam

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:29 AM

hey Hobbes, can you update the Technician___ 'cause it just got a new weapon called PN-223 for the prestige slot.... thanks in advanced!!! :D
For VietNam!!!!

#55 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostMushyMoosh, on June 19 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Again, the reason why I did it in the Co-op mode rather than a real TDM was so I could focus more on showcasing the basic piloting strategies and techniques that new players will want to learn, rather than focusing on trying to outsmart a fellow, experienced pilot. I made those guides for players who pretty much just picked up Hawken and don't have a clue how to play. The Co-op TDM mode is actually one of the best ways for brand new players to learn the game without too much frustration. There's just something about fighting A.I. that's less infuriating than losing to real people. If you can't fight the bots, then good luck fighting real players.

Besides Mush, I've fought you before. The question I have for you; what's a fellow veteran player, that has the skill to completely kick my ass, doing watching my beginners' tutoials_ xD

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, June 20 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#56 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostAlphaPanzer01, on June 20 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

hey Hobbes, can you update the Technician___ 'cause it just got a new weapon called PN-223 for the prestige slot.... thanks in advanced!!! :D
Uhhh... I included the PN-223 in my technician video. .-.

I know for a fact that it's there cuz I remember saying that it was my personal favorite, in the video. No offense, but it kinda sounds like you didn't watch the video, at least, not all the way through. Go watch it. Trust me, the PN is included.

#57 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 20 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

View PostMushyMoosh, on June 19 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Again, the reason why I did it in the Co-op mode rather than a real TDM was so I could focus more on showcasing the basic piloting strategies and techniques that new players will want to learn, rather than focusing on trying to outsmart a fellow, experienced pilot. I made those guides for players who pretty much just picked up Hawken and don't have a clue how to play. The Co-op TDM mode is actually one of the best ways for brand new players to learn the game without too much frustration. There's just something about fighting A.I. that's less infuriating than losing to real people. If you can't fight the bots, then good luck fighting real players.

Besides Mush, I've fought you before. The question I have for you; what's a fellow veteran player, that has the skill to completely kick my ass, doing watching my beginners' tutoials_ xD

Dunno haha, never know what you might learn. I wouldn't consider myself a veteran, I've only played since steam release.
Posted Image

#58 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 01:25 PM

I have released a Siege guide on an extention of this forum page in the Game Modes category! A link to that page is posted in this guide under the "Game Modes" heading. Hope you guys will enjoy that video, and if you'd like me to do more like it, just let me know what other things you would want me to cover concerning the various game modes of Hawken! On that other page, of course.

#59 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 23 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hey Hobbes, when I get home I got an addition for the Brawler. >:D

<3 the Brawler. Probably my second best mech overall.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#60 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 23 2014 - 05:16 PM

A note on the Brawler:

The Brawler is by far one of the toughest, and I daresay, the best C-class around. Do not let its slow, hulking mass fool you. In the right hands, it turns into a beast that will make even the devil think twice. Its primary armaments are the Flak Cannon and TOW Launcher. Both of these are on the Scout, but here, they make things interesting. With its massive armor pool and rather quick turn speed, this brute will hold its own in 1v1 battle just fine, let alone along side a team. The key is to keep your enemies in front of you and STAY OUT OF TURRET MODE!!!! The only time you should be in turret mode is when you have your team behind you and you are holding a point (and got orbs/tech) or you are alone and need to heal really fast. Get 2 health orbs, a Advanced Repair Kit and Extractor, plus turret mode, you got some mighty fast healing going on.

Additionally, be smart at when and where you move. Nothing is more punished than a C-class, especially the Brawler. Since it cannot move too well, you might as well not even bother for backup if you get stuck alone against the enemy team. Stick with your team, use cover (yes, use cover), and land your shots. Make sure to keep your enemies in front of you at all times and you got yourself a hell of fun time. Also, when dodging and moving with a Brawler, you must think of why. Don't move just to move. There is plenty of health there to absorb and tank a lot of incoming fire. Just dodge and boost out of the way of secondaries and keep an eye on things around you. If you know the situation is going to get bad or you do not have a favorable position, fall back.

One final thing. The Brawler is probably the best point defense mech in the entire game! There have been plenty of times I have single-handedly held silos or an AA with very little backup from my team for damn near an entire match. A giant he may be, but it is not his size that scares those around him. It is his anger and STRENGTH to make the earth tremble beneath his feet!

One last thing to add here. I have over 250+ hours in scout alone (over 500 hours in game total so far if not more) and knowing the Flak and TOW from playing the scout so much as helped me a bunch! Also, you get to really learn and understand movement mechanics in the A class. Once you learn the limitations of a C-class, it is amazing at how well you can make it move.

Edited by OmegaNull, June 23 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Game, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users