HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Welcome to Oceania!

Game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 03 2014 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

Community events, where we find out what's going on in the Hawken community. Well, I can tell you what's NOT happening... Oceania. As of... like, right now.

So saddle up for high ping and come down under! Let's fill a Siege lobby or something! Have ourselves a bit of a scrim, eh_

#2 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted May 03 2014 - 04:59 PM

There needs to be a good website or group for Oceania. Apparently there's a steam group. I should have checked it out by now. my bad really

#3 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:25 PM

Here!~ We're having trouble getting certain players to know about it because Hawken and Steam accounts are separate... So we can only tell them if they're online on Hawken, or if we've added them on steam, y'know_

But yeah, after a bunch of matches where everyone decided to muck around and all play the same mech (that was an amazing night, I have all the screenshots for it), we decided to make an Oceania group so we could keep getting together and have fun like that. Heck, even a few players agreed to film the shenanigans. But yeah, slow start to the group, we're just trying to get everyone from that night so far.

Edited by Zilph, May 03 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#4 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted May 03 2014 - 07:43 PM

sweet, i signed up

#5 Blood_Jester

Blood_Jester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 11:34 PM

I keep trying to invite more of my friends to play but it's hard when they all have busy work schedules, study commitments or just other games.

Hawken is one of the few games that bothered to make oceanic servers and for that reason alone I would like to encourage more oceania players because so many larger games refuse to even consider this. The other problem is sometimes there might actually be enough players to fill up a server but the chance of all these people queueing around the same time is remote (similar to the co-op bot destruction problem).

I know that co-op TDM requires two players to start (to prevent farming) but it would be nice to be able to play a game by yourself while waiting for more players, and if the co-op servers were also included in the pvp server/browser list, because you will find once a game does get going it fills up pretty quickly

#6 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 04 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostBlood_Jester, on May 03 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

The other problem is sometimes there might actually be enough players to fill up a server but the chance of all these people queuing around the same time is remote (similar to the co-op bot destruction problem).

Another thing along these lines is that there may be enough Oceania players online... but because of no players in their servers, they switch region and deal with the ping because they're desperate to play. And guess what_ This problem loops in on itself, because it leaves the servers empty... only for more Oceania players to come along, see this, then switch region.

Along with allowing us to play TDM alone while waiting, an indicator that says how many players are online would be helpful too. Two counters... one for global players, one for the region you're set to. This would let you see if there's any other Oceania players out there, so instead of just sitting there staring at empty servers, you join one and they'll see 1/12 and hopefully join, start filling it.

What might help this along would be global/regional chats commonly found in other F2P games. Sending out a message to all of Oceania to ask if anyone is there, then start a game off that... That has helped so many times in games like Blacklight: Retribution.

But yeah, I'm just glad Oceania servers even exist.

#7 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted May 06 2014 - 10:48 PM

just had surgery on my sinuses so I'm out of action for a while :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users