HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Incinerator - Mech Overview

Video Introduction

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hey guys, finally found the time to make another video. This time I'm checking out the Incinerator.

---

In this episode, we're going to check out the Arnold Schwarzenegger of hawken mechs,The Incinerator is a C-class heavy mech capable of laying down a literally infinite amount of pain in any general direction he wishes, while simultaneously helping out his teammates through his heat-absorbing passive, allow them to stay in the fight for that much longer. The incinerator is unique in the sense that it can use any heat it builds up to power its secondary weapon and unleash a never ending stream of damage. The Incinerator is currently available for purchase for around 12000 ingame credits, or 1440 meteor credits.

--WEAPONS--

The Incinerator has a unique load-out, meaning none of its weaponry are available on any other mech (at this time, at least). By default, his primary weapon is the B3-AR: BBY, also know as the "Baby", which is a slow firing machine gun dealing an average damage per second rating, with a decent range, and a fairly high amount of heat generation.

His secondary weapon is called the SAARE-launcher, and is the only weapon in the game that uses heat as a resource for firing. What this means is that if you do not have enough heat built up, the weapon will not fire. The default firing mode fires a long range, slow-travelling explosive round at a low arc, and deals a decent amount of damage while consuming a fairly low amount of heat per shot (allowing you to keep firing for longer). By pressing the middle mouse button, you will switch into the launcher's alternate mode, which appears almost identical to the primary firing mode at first glance, but fires a much more powerful shot, although consuming much more heat per shot.

The incinerator also has the option of unlocking two other variants of the B3 AR at levels 3 and 5, affectionately known as the "MAMA" and the "PAPA", which operate similarly to the "BABY", but offer require a spin up period before firing, and have different stats in terms of heat generation and firing rate.

The idea is to basically keep your primary weapon firing to built up heat, and quickly using it up by firing your secondary weapon. The incinerator has the unique ability to passively absorb a small percentage of all heat generated by nearby allies, generated from firing their weapons or otherwise. You have to pay attention to your heat levels and make sure you keep firing your secondary weapon, as the Incinerator can still overheat if it accumulates too much heat from any source, and it does not lose heat over time like other mechs do. In team fights, you will find yourself generating a much greater amount of heat than usual, so it is wise to switch to the SAARE's alternate firing mode, which uses more damage and expends more heat per shot.

--SPECIAL ABILITY--

Unlike the other heavy mechs in the game, the incinerator does not have a turret mode ability. Instead, it has the ability to stomp the ground at its position, instantly expending ALL the heat it has built up, damaging any enemy caught in the radius based on the amount of heat it had at the time. This ability can be a great way to finish off enemies in close quarters, but be warned, using it will put you in an uninterruptible animation for around 1.5 seconds, which means you are completely vulnerable in that duration and cannot fight back or move away from danger until it is done. Use it sparingly, and only when you have no other option.

--ITEMS AND INTERNALS--

The Incinerator is equipped with a heat grenade by default, which -when deployed- causes ANY mech caught in the radius to continuously gain heat until they move out of the grenade's radius. This item has the potential to be used offensively, by throwing it near enemies causing them to displace or risk overheating, or defensively by deploying it near the incinerator, and using the high heat generation to power its secondary weapon to full effect. Be careful of using this near allies for obvious reasons.

In terms of other items, I believe support centric items like turrets or portable scanners work well for the incinerator, as its strongest when it is with its team. As for internals, I like using a fuel converter to help gain some more fuel to maneuver with.

--CONCLUDING REMARKS--

In conclusion, the Incinerator is a very unique mech that can be fun to play, but excels in a teamwork environment and does not perform as well as other c-class mechs in most 1v1 situations. A good sense of positioning is great asset to have when playing as the incinerator, as a well-positioned incinerator will effectively shut down an enemy advance and zone areas quite effectively. It is a great mech to have on your team, but its probably not the best candidate if you're interested in sheer damage output.

Edited by Abidus, May 14 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#2 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 10 2014 - 03:18 PM

Nice overview. Keep up the good work :)

Posted Image

#3 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostAbidus, on May 10 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

In conclusion, the Incinerator is a very unique mech that can be fun to play, but excels in a teamwork environment and does not perform as well as other c-class mechs in most 1v1 situations.
Master the PPA and you'll go into 1v1s with an evil smile on your face.

#4 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 02:22 AM

View Postjrkong, on May 10 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

In conclusion, the Incinerator is a very unique mech that can be fun to play, but excels in a teamwork environment and does not perform as well as other c-class mechs in most 1v1 situations.

I've had more luck with the BBY and M4MA personally but I can imagine how fearsome the PPA can be in the right hands. Right now it feels more like a dedicated heat-generator than a proper weapon, imo.

#5 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostAbidus, on May 11 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

View Postjrkong, on May 10 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

I've had more luck with the BBY and M4MA personally but I can imagine how fearsome the PPA can be in the right hands. Right now it feels more like a dedicated heat-generator than a proper weapon, imo.
I'm starting to suspect people who are having problems with the PPA might be struggling due to high ping. Generally when I play my ping is always under 100 and I land majority of my PPA bullets but when my ping goes above that things get out of hand.

#6 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:12 AM

Good little intro guide! I'll be adding it my mech guide compilation :)

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#7 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 10:30 AM

I want to first say I really liked the video, and when I noticed the post is more or less the script you read I was even happier.
PAPA is a heat generator, saare secondary mode is what you need it for.  It has some nice dps but is difficult to hit with consistently, unless you use it like a burst rifle.  PAPA could probably use its own guide.

Only typo/issue I found was this.  Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but the incinerator has a small fuel tank and a converter is helpful for it to keep up with the battle, but it doesn't do anything regarding heat.

--ITEMS AND INTERNALS--

As for internals, I like using a fuel converter to help gain some more heat for the SAARE launcher.

#8 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted May 13 2014 - 11:11 AM

View Postspo0n, on May 13 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

PAPA could probably use its own guide.

Posted Image

It took me a lot of practice and cost me a lot of mmr to figure out the ppa. It for sure could use it's own specific guide.

#9 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:42 AM

View Postjrkong, on May 11 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

I'm starting to suspect people who are having problems with the PPA might be struggling due to high ping. Generally when I play my ping is always under 100 and I land majority of my PPA bullets but when my ping goes above that things get out of hand.

I think you're right, my ping tends to fall between the 100-130ms mark. It also has to do with having trouble hitting things at medium-long range with the SAARE reliably (not the easiest considering the really slow travel speed of the projectile).

View PostSilverfire, on May 12 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Good little intro guide! I'll be adding it my mech guide compilation :)

Glad you liked it! feel free to check out the rest of the videos on the channel as well :)

View Postspo0n, on May 13 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I want to first say I really liked the video, and when I noticed the post is more or less the script you read I was even happier.
PAPA is a heat generator, saare secondary mode is what you need it for.  It has some nice dps but is difficult to hit with consistently, unless you use it like a burst rifle.  PAPA could probably use its own guide.

Only typo/issue I found was this.  Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but the incinerator has a small fuel tank and a converter is helpful for it to keep up with the battle, but it doesn't do anything regarding heat.

--ITEMS AND INTERNALS--

As for internals, I like using a fuel converter to help gain some more heat for the SAARE launcher.

Thanks for the heads up on that error. minor brain fuzzy bunny >_<
I'll probably revisit the incinerator in more detail after I cover the rest of the remaining mechs. It's a little more nuanced than most mechs tend to play.

Edited by Abidus, May 14 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#10 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostAbidus, on May 14 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I think you're right, my ping tends to fall between the 100-130ms mark. It also has to do with having trouble hitting things at medium-long range with the SAARE reliably (not the easiest considering the really slow travel speed of the projectile).

Large SAARE balls aren't that hard to land once you get used to it they have surprisingly large AOE. I think the AOE distance is roughly the same size as a Grenade Launcher shot.

#11 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 03:36 PM

View Postjrkong, on May 14 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Large SAARE balls aren't that hard to land once you get used to it they have surprisingly large AOE. I think the AOE distance is roughly the same size as a Grenade Launcher shot.

They have a decent AOE but its not as big as the GL's I reckon (not to mention the premature detonation mechanic with the GL makes it a hell of a lot easier to hit stuff). I still manage to do pretty well with it regardless, but my original point was that I think other C-mechs like the Vanguard or the Brawler do a better job at 1v1 dueling, especially in close quarters. Doesn't mean the Incinerator is not good at that, just not AS good (imo).

#12 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostAbidus, on May 15 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

View Postjrkong, on May 14 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

They have a decent AOE but its not as big as the GL's I reckon (not to mention the premature detonation mechanic with the GL makes it a hell of a lot easier to hit stuff). I still manage to do pretty well with it regardless, but my original point was that I think other C-mechs like the Vanguard or the Brawler do a better job at 1v1 dueling, especially in close quarters. Doesn't mean the Incinerator is not good at that, just not AS good (imo).
FYI PPA Incin has the second highest DPS in the game only surpassed by the vulcan berserker using its ability so I donno.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Introduction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users