HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How We Deal With Hackers

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 IIIShadow_SparkIII

IIIShadow_SparkIII

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 08:07 AM

Tbh, I havent run into anyone who I thought was actually hacking...

The closest thing to a hacker that I've seen so far(I've been playing sinse steam release) is the bots on the coop tdm, as it seems that ones the avg. mmr on the server reaches a certain point the bots start becoming 'unnatural'. But as I said, thats the closest thing I've seen as of yet.

I could be wrong though, there have been occasions where people seem to have anticipated my movements, but i was playing scout at most of those times which means that i often have to flank which is fairly predictable at times.

#42 drthing

drthing

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 07:09 PM

Dear developers,

I seeing in game many users using some kind of maneuvers that is not possible, I have all mecks and internals.

So Infiltrator, Scout and others has one little watch that run when you activate shift+Key, left, right, is not possible make 2 commands without wait the watch run one turn, is time to balance the game.

But I am seeing many mecks (most common Lights mecks and some raiders) running in "L" or "U" in the air or ground like shift+key.

I try make this with keyboard (G510s) with macros and my xbox joy-pad in my pc and didn't get it anyway, I used map travel to this. I have some skills.

If you don't have control in your servers for detect this, Is very bad for your software team, but put this users out is not enough,

You need tools in game for this modification not happen. (I don't like the name Hack, is criminal)

I play for fun, but is annoying be killed for one mech moving in zigzag that you can't shoot one time even using same mech with better internals.

When the owners don't control the environment, the users get this kind of software or making one.

I really want to record this, but is big file, video edit is hard work and probably you Know the bug. 4.88MB is one second of video to upload.

I have some skills in software ( start with IBM370), today has many tools,  encrypting , file authentication,  interface virtualization , memory lock and many defenses will be used, is easy, cheaper, I don't Know.

Anti-Virus is safe_ 99% is good. same principle. shield the space. SandBox.
I know that is cat-rat war, but no excuses, is part of your job, I read previous post.
Most users don't understand why or How, but talk a lot.

I report this process because is part of software that has a entry point. I wish success of game.

Edited by drthing, June 28 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#43 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 06:37 AM

Holy fuzzy bunny,

please do something againts hackers with a programm or so, i dont like to play againts or with hackers, some people obviously hacking that game with aimbot, damage boost, speed and so on, it dosn't make fun that way.

I submited a ticket for 1 hacker, but forgot to record the last guy, i will do it, if i meet him again, but THIS isn't a solution, autoban and prevent from hackers is the only way to deal with it, or they come back every time with another account or so and most of the players dont like to record, make that video smaller, upload it only for that matter.

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, July 06 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#44 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on July 06 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

Holy fuzzy bunny,

please do something againts hackers with a programm or so, i dont like to play againts or with hackers, some people obviously hacking that game with aimbot, damage boost, speed and so on, it dosn't make fun that way.

I submited a ticket for 1 hacker, but forgot to record the last guy, i will do it, if i meet him again, but THIS isn't a solution, autoban and prevent from hackers is the only way to deal with it, or they come back every time with another account or so and most of the players dont like to record, make that video smaller, upload it only for that matter.

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Radio
1) This thread is kinda old
2) There is only so much you can do against cheaters (the people who bother to buy, download and use hacks) who are smart enough to cover their asses.
3) As for hackers (the people who break the game's code and manipulate it), I'm fine with them, because really, I find them hilarious, smashing everybody's faces with just a few hours of code. To you hackers out there, I salute you!

Edited by IronClamp, July 06 2014 - 04:49 PM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#45 LorenzoBecker

LorenzoBecker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 07 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostIronClamp, on July 06 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Holy fuzzy bunny,

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Radio
2) There is only so much you can do against cheaters (the people who bother to buy, download and use hacks) who are smart enough to cover their asses.
3) As for hackers (the people who break the game's code and manipulate it), I'm fine with them, because really, I find them hilarious, smashing everybody's faces with just a few hours of code. To you hackers out there, I salute you!

I agree with this, a hacker has a certain set of skills, while a guy who just downloads a program to make him aim is worthless

#46 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted July 12 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostLorenzoBecker, on July 07 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on July 06 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Holy fuzzy bunny,

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Radio

I agree with this, a hacker has a certain set of skills, while a guy who just downloads a program to make him aim is worthless

Though you do not need to cheer them up to continue. I know only small part of coding and I have to admit yes. **** it is so difficult. They might be doing great job but that job what they are doing is wrong still. It doesn't mean if you do good on something difficult mean that you are doing good. This what hackers do is wrong still and punishable.

#47 Makelhatin

Makelhatin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 12:44 AM

I would like to say that someone is using an aiombot. Just left a perfectly even match and here comes someone with a sniper and aimbot. Ruined the game! I have been playing for several years and I know an aimbot when I see one. Plus the guy's a total ####. Nothing but negative things to say.

Thanks.

Edited by [HWK]Defter, July 16 2014 - 09:01 AM.
dem callouts

#48 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 08:06 PM

Nah they legit. Stop scaring people away from the game yo

People need to take a real good look at themselves before they accuse hacks. Ive only ever seen aimbotters. As far as I know speed, dodge cd manipulator, damage boosters dont exist in hawken.

Edited by [HWK]Defter, July 16 2014 - 09:02 AM.
changed names to protect the innocent

Posted Image

#49 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostMakelhatin, on July 13 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

I would like to say that someone is using an aiombot. Just left a perfectly even match and here comes someone with a sniper and aimbot. Ruined the game! I have been playing for several years and I know an aimbot when I see one. Plus the guy's a total ####. Nothing but negative things to say.

Thanks.
This is totally shooped. I have been using MS paint for several years and I know a shoop when I see one. I can tell by the pixels.

Edited by [HWK]Defter, July 16 2014 - 09:02 AM.
dem callouts

Posted Image

#50 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 10:56 AM

was it me im so curious dammit admin
i don't mean any of it

#51 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 26 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on July 12 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

This what hackers do is wrong still and punishable.
Hacking a game is punishable and wrong_ Hacking Pentagon or Gov Net probably, but a game_ Really_

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#52 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 26 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostIronClamp, on July 26 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Hacking a game is punishable and wrong_ Hacking Pentagon or Gov Net probably, but a game_ Really_
Explain to me how using hacks in the game like an aimbot or speedhack is fair and beneficial.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#53 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted July 26 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostIronClamp, on July 26 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Punishable by the game administrators, not law enforcement...

#54 Circon_Flex

Circon_Flex

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 05:49 AM

darkbrador on aimbot

#55 raum

raum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 07:32 AM

There are more and more hackers (mostly aimbotters) these days. I feel this topic doesn't particularly explain what's happening in reality. I really doubt your system of "dealing with hackers" work at all, sorry to say.

Asking players to record videos with 3rd party softwares_ That's helpful, but a system depending on this_ I would say it would only help with maybe half of the hackings, and that is the best possibility i could imagine. Because, Hawken is a demanding game, with no recording demo options supported. Running Hawken with a 3rd party video recording software is simply asking you to be biddable, and is demanding. While having so little results.

Hacking is a serious issue that you should take more seriously due to hawkens 'small' playerbase.

You're not the only online game developer through the history, so you don't need to invent a new way to deal with hackers. Many game devs has been down this road long time ago before you guys did, and never used the solution that you've been using as a final solution. There are VAC (valve), Punkbuster, and such softwares, which does the job automatically by detecting simple hack commands/files/other stuff.

Trying to do this manually, looks like a really primitive way to do. And yet, it's not working, it's not as half efficient.

You aren't simply saying hackers "I won't let you hack on my game", you are telling them to do whatever they like, until they're reported in the complex ways that you claim here, as many times as until you believe that they're hacking.

Can you imagine how many of them would get away with it_ Even more important, can you imagine how many people/games they affect_ Apparently there's a struggle with this.

I'm mad.

Edited by raum, July 28 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#56 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 09:40 AM

Theres always going to be hackers in any game anywhere.  They will do it just because hey why not is their motto.  Point is dont rage about it, its not that important.  The great thing about hawken is the ttk cause even a 100% aimbot can be handled with burst adn cover oh how i love to make those botters rage using such.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#57 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted July 28 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostCircon_Flex, on July 28 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

darkbrador on aimbot
Apparently you didn't even bother read the first post here. You do not post about a cheater in the forums. Instead, you fill out a report form and let the game devs take care of the rest.
https://playhawken.z...orting-a-Player

Edited by mmm_yep, July 28 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#58 GaryFlyAndTheGirls

GaryFlyAndTheGirls

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationdrowning in female attention

Posted July 29 2014 - 10:30 AM

if anybody is sitting on footage of this sort of thing, message me plz & ty!

#59 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 09:51 AM

Seriously,

make a damn PROTECTION for this game no one can break, i'am damn tired of hackers now, today again this fuzzy bunny even with skilled Players. If you don't, well, there will be no more money from my side, i'am really sick of this!

Not so Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

#60 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on August 03 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Seriously,

make a damn PROTECTION for this game no one can break, i'am damn tired of hackers now, today again this fuzzy bunny even with skilled Players. If you don't, well, there will be no more money from my side, i'am really sick of this!

Not so Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Why create protection to game what might not even survive to next year_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users