HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Let me ask you.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:10 AM

Wanna fight against 5 rocketeers and one Technician on Last Eco Siege mode_

Nerf rocketeer. Just seriously. That thing is way too versatile and is just able to fit any role like Lee Sin on League of Legends before getting nerfs that balanced it to fill only roles where he was designed.

Any questions_

#2 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:16 AM

nerf rocketeer_lol,"his" only fault is the autoguided missiles,wich you can avoid(cover/dodge).

#3 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostOdinous, on May 17 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

nerf rocketeer_lol,"his" only fault is the autoguided missiles,wich you can avoid(cover/dodge).

Try avoiding in the AA and there is 5 rocketeers. "Just no"

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:31 AM

This doesn't mean that Rocketeer is OP. Any team with multiples of a mech will be "overpowered" because they'll simply dominate and overpower at what they're best at: suppression. This is the same case with any mech with 4 or 5 of them in a match.  5 Sharpshooters, 5 Incinerators, 5 Berserkers, 5 Scouts, the list goes on and on.  No matter what, you'll probably get stomped, not because a mech imbalance, but because of a mech numbers imbalance and a domination of a certain style of play.

Edited by Silverfire, May 17 2014 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:44 AM

*Sigh* This is a problem due to map design and the fact that the Rocketeers are stacked. But than again if you were fighting 5 Berserkers I would expect a very similar post from you. Also to play Rocketeer well at higher levels you better be damn good at it or you will get mauled. Also it not the most versatile mech. I think that medal goes to the Assault. Move along now.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#6 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:45 AM

1 dodge hellfires
2 get close so they self damage and can't use hellfires well
3 send a scout to jump over them
4 while they are all trying to get a lock on the scout go in and mow them down
5 a techie can't keep 5 rocketeers healed at the same time
6 if he tries he will overheat near instantly
7 should he try, lob a few nades at him, that'll show him
Posted Image

#7 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostSilverfire, on May 17 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

This doesn't mean that Rocketeer is OP. Any team with multiples of a mech will be "overpowered" because they'll simply dominate and overpower at what they're best at: suppression. This is the same case with any mech with 4 or 5 of them in a match.  5 Sharpshooters, 5 Incinerators, 5 Berserkers, 5 Scouts, the list goes on and on.  No matter what, you'll probably get stomped, not because a mech imbalance, but because of a mech numbers imbalance and a domination of a certain style of play.

So do you think that some mechs should have limit per match_ Like some servers of TF 2 has limit of only 2 scouts or sniper at once are allowed to be.

Edited by Battlesbreak, May 17 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#8 ValkMight

ValkMight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted May 17 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 17 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Any questions_

Yes, one question. Or rather just one opinion.
5 rocketeers in one match. Obviously a party of min 5 players/friends/random super cooperative strangers (happens in asia servers cuz we're awesome. 5 raiders... damn...) playing together. No one or rather in almost 99% of the normal matches in this game will lead to multiple similar mechs at once.
1) No one is so rich to suddenly afford all planned similar mechs unless ofc a group of friends.
2) Usually no one likes to follow mechs especially when there is already 2 or more of the same on the same map.

Now the question.
Its easy to counter assuming your team does something similar, so did you guys stop and plan or just go ahead to get suppressed to hell (a rocketeers' job)_ I assume suppressed to hell since you posted this topic...
Need more HC!!!
So darn broke :(

#9 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 17 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostValkMight, on May 17 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 17 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Any questions_

Yes, one question. Or rather just one opinion.
5 rocketeers in one match. Obviously a party of min 5 players/friends/random super cooperative strangers (happens in asia servers cuz we're awesome. 5 raiders... damn...) playing together. No one or rather in almost 99% of the normal matches in this game will lead to multiple similar mechs at once.
1) No one is so rich to suddenly afford all planned similar mechs unless ofc a group of friends.
2) Usually no one likes to follow mechs especially when there is already 2 or more of the same on the same map.

Now the question.
Its easy to counter assuming your team does something similar, so did you guys stop and plan or just go ahead to get suppressed to hell (a rocketeers' job)_ I assume suppressed to hell since you posted this topic...

They can't be a party of 5. You can only have parties of up to 3 people in normal matches and the matchmaker wouldn't put 2 parties on the same side while none on the other. What we have here is a case of good communication and coordination. It's possible that some of them joined on their friend(s) and were lucky enough to end up on the same side, but in my countless experiences trying to do this, you're more likely to get 2-3 friends on one side and the rest end up on the other.

I've joined random pub matches where teams were playing the same mechs with players that didn't know each other. Sometimes it's everyone agreeing in chat before the match begins, sometimes it's just people playing follow the leader and picking what others have. But in this case, you guys are forgetting that the Rocketeer is currently a free test drive, so we'll all be seeing them a lot.

1) Not true. Anyone who wants a Rocketeer can buy it by the end of their first day or two of playing on a brand new account with HC. The longer these guys have played the more likely they've collected a bunch of mechs.

2) Except during test drives and gentleman agreements, as mentioned above.

Edited by nokari, May 17 2014 - 09:23 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Dictatorfish

Dictatorfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostSilverfire, on May 17 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Completely agree with this, although I think it's for a different reason.  If everyone on the team are in identical mechs, they will all have the same optimum style of play, and so they all end up doing the one thing that wins team games: working together.

A team with a mix of sharpshooters and scouts and all sorts will have their own, individual optimum style for their individual mech.  But if you get, say, 5 assaults together on a team, they all operate at the same optimum range, all have the same movement speed, the same everything.  This allows them to stick together more easily and it also allows each player to more accurately guess what their team mates are doing or will do next.

So, really, it would be more correct to say the following:

"Unintended teamwork is OP, please nerf."

#11 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 05:12 AM

So should we agree on setting limit to having identical mechs on the battle. Because it was just impossible to play to victory that one. Something "you can only one technician on your team" etc.

#12 ScarletThirteen

ScarletThirteen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 08:17 AM

Sharpies, Preds, maybe even an Incin+Techie+Zerker or Scout comp should take out an all-Rocketeer+one Tech squad...
Leader of the non-existent Scarlet Squadron.
You can't treat a mech like a human being. A MECH NEEDS LOVE!
Raider-chan! Where have you been all my life!_  <3

#13 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hmm... Let's think C class mech about over 700 health mostly considered that you will be fighting on medium range combat and that Seeker doesn't require even learning. Yeah how much you want to fight against Rocketeer whole thing should be removed, nerf this health, Nerf seeker that it will only deal damage on direct hit or we take aerial prowess away. Because you don't even need team mates you are king of medium range. DE should seriously think about Rocketeer twice. Should he stay or be kicked out of the fuzzy bunny game totally.

#14 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 09:56 AM

you do realize how weak the homing on the seekers is_
at most they head towards your general direction, but even walking sideways can make it miss
Posted Image

#15 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 10:11 AM

View Postkingalbert2, on May 18 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

you do realize how weak the homing on the seekers is_
at most they head towards your general direction, but even walking sideways can make it miss

May I ask who did give a fuzzy bunny about it ability lock on you_ That thing has way too good fire rate and splash damage. It is much more better than SMC before the G2 raider came out. May I tell you joke_

How to fix HAWKEN_ Remove rocketeer and nobody doesn't anymore give a damn about bad matchmaking. Because Rocketeer is the source of whole problem.

#16 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 18 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

How to fix HAWKEN_ Remove rocketeer and nobody doesn't anymore give a damn about bad matchmaking. Because Rocketeer is the source of whole problem.

Wait what_ You're kidding right. What next, you get stomped by a team of 5 Assaults and you call for its removal on the grounds because it'll fix the game_

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#17 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 10:20 AM

seeker dmg isn't that high
even though it homes it misses often
hellfires can also be dodged
hellfires have a very long reload, esoecially if you include re-locking on
dat heat generation
self dmging both primary and secondary
hellfires suck point blank as they can barely lock there
has trouble shifting targets

really rocketeers are far from the worst mechs to fight and are not the problem of imbalance
i see rocketeers from time to time and if my team has SOME teamwork they go down easy
Posted Image

#18 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 10:44 AM

Just let me ask you how many times on any map or overall on whole damn game you just end up on close range with the Rocketeer_ That thing is way too good for this game. Only option is pretty much removing whole mech. Because it is too good. Most versatile good damage rating where you on Close or Medium range.

Why do you speak about Hell fires reloading time_ It is nearly same even if you end up on close range of Rocketeer he just annihilates you with splash damage. Aerial Prowess allows you to just fly away from the splash damage and laugh at your silly attempt to get close... DE you do a great work if you remove rocketeer and refund the MC what people wasted on it back.

It is either great nerf or just kick it out of the game. Rocketeer shouldn't have been created or even existed on this game when you putted it on Steam. Every match where I have had been playing. One average Rocketeer defeat or victory (depends on which team it is) And if it happens to be on my team. I just want to puke from disgust and leave that team mate to die if I am technician.

Rocketeer just doesn't require any learning... Click launch and smack your face on keyboard. Btw. You don't even require mouse to play it even touch pad of Laptop is enough to make Rocketeer to be played enough well to make a victory.

#19 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:12 AM

again, a decent/good player can severely lower the rocketeers power because once you can counter them, they have no way of improving themselves. hellfires are hard to hit with unlocked since 1: they spread 2: they take a short while after firing before they launch. ANY A-mech can make short work of a rocketeer, especially if he has a teammate drawing attention. you don't have to end up close, YOU have to force close by using an A or raider or some damn teamwork with a pretty flank. on matches with high lvl players i NEVER hear complaints about the rocketeer. it is powerful when you don't know how to go against it, but once you know and learn how to, there is nothing they can do. at point blank making a lock is nigh impossible so yeah, he dies if you get next to him. and since he is a C, it isn't that hard to get close. ofcourse if you just LEROOOOY you are not getting close

My advice:

Posted Image

Edited by kingalbert2, May 18 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

#20 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Just let me ask you how many times on any map or overall on whole damn game you just end up on close range with the Rocketeer_ That thing is way too good for this game. Only option is pretty much removing whole mech. Because it is too good. Most versatile good damage rating where you on Close or Medium range.

I don't think you know what you're talking about that well. Whenever you're faced with a long-range opponent and you're a short- or mid-range fighter, the proper tactic is to close the gap and get up close to them. Especially Rocketeer, because their homing capabilities are terrible at close range, making it much easier to take them down solo. If you can't handle them, it's honestly you and your team not playing smart enough with the right mechs.

Why do you speak about Hell fires reloading time_ It is nearly same even if you end up on close range of Rocketeer he just annihilates you with splash damage. Aerial Prowess allows you to just fly away from the splash damage and laugh at your silly attempt to get close... DE you do a great work if you remove rocketeer and refund the MC what people wasted on it back.

The reload time is longer than most secondary weapons, which gives most other mechs a DPS advantage, especially when the Hellfires miss, which can easily be avoided if you time your dodges or get up close.
Also you do know that other mechs can fly and that the Rocketeer does not have endless boost, right_ The Berserker has a longer flying time than Rocketeer and is more maneuverable.

If you want to see how things really work in this game, give me my Scout in a 1v1 against any of those Rocketeer people you played against and see what happens.

Edited by nokari, May 18 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users