HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Let me ask you.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:41 AM

If you want to see how things really work in this game, give me my Scout in a 1v1 against any of those Rocketeer people you played against and see what happens.

Okay you can fight against 5 Rocketeers.

#22 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

If you want to see how things really work in this game, give me my Scout in a 1v1 against any of those Rocketeer people you played against and see what happens.

Again, it's NOT a mech imbalance.  It's not OP.

It's a numbers game, meaning any time a match and a team has multiples of a single type of mech, in this case the Rocketeer, it will be VERY hard to win and compete because of domination of a style of play.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#23 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:46 AM

Don't be ridiculous. 5v1 is suicide no matter what mechs the enemy are using. :rolleyes:

You say the Rocketeer alone is too strong and should be removed. Well I'm telling you it's not and I will prove it with the lowest health mech in the game with short range weapons: a Flak Scout.
If you want me to relive your experience against 5 Rocketeers, then lets arrange a 6v6 squad matchup of my guys using everything other than Rocketeer and your guys with all Rocketeers.

Posted Image

#24 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postnokari, on May 18 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Don't be ridiculous. 5v1 is suicide no matter what mechs the enemy are using. :rolleyes:

You say the Rocketeer alone is too strong and should be removed. Well I'm telling you it's not and I will prove it with the lowest health mech in the game with short range weapons: a Flak Scout.
If you want me to relive your experience against 5 Rocketeers, then lets arrange a 6v6 squad matchup of my guys using everything other than Rocketeer and your guys with all Rocketeers.
when i play rocketeer scouts are my absolute nightmare
Posted Image

#25 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:56 AM

Just give me one reason why in the hell I would fight somebody who is way more experienced than I. We are here to talk about Rocketeer not about Scouts. Scouts I can tear apart with Bruiser if they dares to gap closer to me.

And Kingalber2. I guess you just don't know how to counter Scout as Rocketeer. As I said Rocketeer player just smacks face on the keyboard and wins. Even if I play Scout and manage to flip a fuzzy bunny out of Rocketeer I can not do that without getting killed on splash damage or that this managed to reach this team and I get killed by the return fire.

#26 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Even if I play Scout and manage to flip a fuzzy bunny out of Rocketeer I can not do that without getting killed on splash damage or that this managed to reach this team and I get killed by the return fire.

This means you just don't know how to deal with Rocketeers effectively.  That's player error, and games should never work in favor of player error.

And Rocketeers aren't as skill-less as you might profess.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#27 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:24 PM

And Kingalber2. I guess you just don't know how to counter Scout as Rocketeer. As I said Rocketeer player just smacks face on the keyboard and wins. Even if I play Scout and manage to flip a fuzzy bunny out of Rocketeer I can not do that without getting killed on splash damage or that this managed to reach this team and I get killed by the return fire.
then you must jump
jump jump
hover over him and flak flak flak flak
nothing he can do
he can't lock on

dash sash
hellfires crash
flak flak flak
shoot him in the back
rocketeer cries
rocketeer dies

seekers will not hit a close range scouts
hellfires will fly of to new horizons, never to return home

in a rocketeer, if you get close, he gets rekt
if you fight a rocketeer from far away while standing in the open, you get rekt and deserve to get rekt

Edited by kingalbert2, May 18 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#28 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:31 PM

Just give me one reason why in the hell I would fight somebody who is way more experienced than I. We are here to talk about Rocketeer not about Scouts. Scouts I can tear apart with Bruiser if they dares to gap closer to me.

Posted Image

Just get in their face and kill the fuzzy bunny out of them, then stop whining

Posted Image

#29 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostSilverfire, on May 18 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Even if I play Scout and manage to flip a fuzzy bunny out of Rocketeer I can not do that without getting killed on splash damage or that this managed to reach this team and I get killed by the return fire.

This means you just don't know how to deal with Rocketeers effectively.  That's player error, and games should never work in favor of player error.

And Rocketeers aren't as skill-less as you might profess.

Rocketeers literally doesn't require skill to play. Well what comes to Seeker. Heat Cannon and Repeater makes differences. C class with good aerial movements is just monstrosity to take down on any range. It provides way too much suppression than Bruiser at middle range when well played. While Bruiser is just following with huge gap because of health. The mobility and health on Rocketeer for it's own good are way too good for pretty much any map.

Yes yes the map design might be all the time plus side for Rocketeer but seriously when it comes to Rocketeer I want it be removed. I have had attempted to let my team mates tried to get a hold on them but they can not ever do it either. It is always about one decent rocketeer for decent enemy team and you have just serious knot to be solved.

View Postkingalbert2, on May 18 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

then you must jump
jump
jump
hover over him and flak flak flak flak
nothing he can do
he can't lock on
dash sash
and flak flak flak

seekers will not hit a close range scouts
hellfires will fly of to new horizons, never to return home

in a rocketeer, if you get close, he gets rekt
if you fight a rocketeer from far away while standing in the open, you get rekt and deserve to get rekt

I guess that you can not even imagine a proper player versus player battle what comes to Rocketeer. The team play is one of the elements what I admit to touch on the subject but for alone one aware Rocketeer is just way too devastating for your whole team.

#30 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostBoompigXD, on May 18 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Spoiler
Just get in their face and kill the fuzzy bunny out of them, then stop whining

Gave like only to that GIF because Anime is just too overused and way too... Wait a minute! Quit posting yourself then_ It is impossible to get close of Rocketeer who is aware of this limits and capabilities. And your team mates are on pretty much 80% of cases where I have had to play against Rocketeer are useless. Even less than 90% if I am sure. You high tier players might manage to handle Rocketeer but what about casually playing gamers... It is not fun being stomped.

Rocketeer just runs over everything at non ranked games unless on those 10% cases happens. Even if you manage to kill Rocketeer "Oh it respawned back to battlefield... BG" or "Hey there is another one rocketeer can you take it down to for us_ Or never mind you are dead"

Just do a favor. Either remove aerial prowess, nerf health, change seeker damage in to direct hit damage only or remove whole mech and refund the MC what all players has spent on it.

#31 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:08 PM

i can imagine a real and proper player vs player battle and the rocketeer doesn't always win. if you always lose to rocketeers, you are making a mistake you need to figure out and overcome

as i said, flanking
rocketeer players do not have 360° vision
just scoot or infiltrate the sh** out of them
at point blank they die
end
Posted Image

#32 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:09 PM

OK looks like someone who used to main rocketeer has to sit down and talk to you about your griefing dilemna etc

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Just let me ask you how many times on any map or overall on whole damn game you just end up on close range with the Rocketeer_ Whenever you fight a rocketeer your goal is to close the gap. Most maps have enough cover to do this. Never fight a rocketeer out in the open or you deserve what you get. Same way you shouldn't engage a brawler in a tunnel. If your playing Last Eco or Bunker don't blame the rocketeer blame the developers for making a crappy map that turns into SS/Hellfire fest. That thing is way too good for this game. Only option is pretty much removing whole mech. Because it is too good. Get to 1900-2000 MMR and main Rocketeer and you will see that it is outclassed. That is why I started playing other C Classes more because Rocketeer only good until the point where enemies start growing brain cells and utilize cover and flank. Most versatile good damage rating where you on Close or Medium range. Rocketeer has the best damage output at medium ranges in open spaces in what I like to call the goldi "lock" zone(Bad Pun I know). Never ever engage rocketeer here unless you can close the gap. Rocketeers are near useless at close quarters because lock on fails and dumbfiring is usually ineffective since it has long reload time, no manual det etc. At long ranges if you get hit by a hellfire your a A. Moron or B. Not paying attention.

Why do you speak about Hell fires reloading time_ Because it is the longest in whole game and I am not counting the lock on time. It is nearly same even if you end up on close range of Rocketeer he just annihilates you with splash damage. Aerial Prowess allows you to just fly away from the splash damage and laugh at your silly attempt to get close Learn to aim, a flying rocketeer is a pretty good target in air... DE you do a great work if you remove rocketeer and refund the MC what people wasted on it back. I am actually more interested in them revamping it but my words fall on deaf ears.

It is either great nerf or just kick it out of the game. Rocketeer shouldn't have been created or even existed on this game when you putted it on Steam. Every match where I have had been playing. One average Rocketeer defeat or victory (depends on which team it is) And if it happens to be on my team. I just want to puke from disgust and leave that team mate to die if I am technician.

Rocketeer just doesn't require any learning... No it does not require as much aiming as other mechs, but your ability to position yourself, choose engagements, know when to retreat, when to fight and WHERE to fight have to be above the enemies ability. Once again I suggest you climb the ladder till 1900-2000 MMR and come here and tell me it easy. Click launch and smack your face on keyboard. Btw. You don't even require mouse to play it even touch pad of Laptop is enough to make Rocketeer to be played enough well to make a victory.
My concensus is :

PILOT ERROR

Edited by Bazookagofer, May 18 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#33 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:22 PM

May I just ask from you BazookaFighter_ Is the HAWKEN competitive community poisonous as League of Legends own or at least close of it_ If it is. This customer is out. If it is not... I might consider but I bet that I get stomped in about 0.001 seconds.

#34 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

May I just ask from you BazookaFighter_ Is the HAWKEN competitive community poisonous as League of Legends own or at least close of it_ If it is. This customer is out. If it is not... I might consider but I bet that I get stomped in about 0.001 seconds.
First of all the name is Bazookagofer. Second of all I am a casual player . I play from time to time(DAMN YOU 15 FPS).  I am just a regular forum poster who is explaining to you that the Rocketeer is not OP and from that explanation you should of read in between the lines on how to fight the " BIG BAD MF-ing OP ROCKETEER GORILLA MONSTER". Telling you to learn to aim better and how to approach rocketeer and when to engage is not being poisonous.

P.S I could be poisonous if you want it though.

Edited by Bazookagofer, May 18 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#35 ScarletThirteen

ScarletThirteen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:52 PM

Toxicness is proportional to how much a user is willing to complain about a tactic without taking suggestions.

So I have a few, but only if you're willing to listen:

Grenadier. Rocketeers can't lock-on straight past walls. Use the Rev-GL and Grenade Launcher and lob everything you have over the low walls if they're just sitting around the AA pyramid. Five Rocketeers is bad, but try to imagine five Grenadiers lobbing grenades everywhere.
Incinerator + Techie. Keep firing and remember to dodge those Hellfires. IIRC, the SAARE Launcher's secondary mode causes additional heat generation penalties for any mech hit by it, so shoot shoot shoot (and dodge). Probably need a Techie to keep it solid in situations where you're outnumbered, though.
Sharpshooter. The default Slug + SABOT combo do absolutely devastating damage at ranges farther outside of the Rocketeer's optimal ranges. You'll need to be quick and again, dodge dodge dodge. Don't get too close, as although Rocketeers are not good at close range, neither are you.

Are you being focus-fired upon_ Avoid selecting Light (A-Class) mechs. They may be agile, but a single team working in unison will quickly rip you to shreds. And if you don't kill anyone, the trade-off by having a mobile mech will not be worth it. In Siege, you really need a durable team comp, as every contest for the AA is always a massive team fight.

Are they really tightly clumped up, as in back-to-back literally_ The EMP will at least stop them from firing for a few critical moments so your team can get a damage lead.

Find your dodge cooldowns too slow_ A well-timed Shield or Barricade should stop at least some of the missiles in their tracks.

Are you at least able to trade kills with them_ Perhaps an Armor Fusor might be what you need.

So now let me ask you something: Are you willing to listen to the suggestions given to you_

Edited by ScarletThirteen, May 18 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Leader of the non-existent Scarlet Squadron.
You can't treat a mech like a human being. A MECH NEEDS LOVE!
Raider-chan! Where have you been all my life!_  <3

#36 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted May 18 2014 - 02:02 PM

The rocketeer is one of the easiest mechs to fight in cqc... its practically useless up close, all you have to do is go in with a couple scouts or assaults or anything really, and just blow them to hell, the seeker is awful up close, and dumbfired hellfires are not even close to effective, and only really really good rocketeers can hold off enemies up close. so odds are maybe one of them will be any good in a close range fight, the rest will be sitting ducks.

#37 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 18 2014 - 02:39 PM

Just give me one reason why in the hell I would fight somebody who is way more experienced than I.

To prove that it doesn't take experience to win with a Rocketeer, because according to you it's so unbelievably OP that anyone with Rocketeer automatically wins.

My point is that as long as a person understands how to approach and fight a Rocketeer it's not OP at all. You're exaggerating and being dishonest. A noob can do this, not just someone experienced like me. Why don't you just take the advice people have given you and see how it works_

We are here to talk about Rocketeer not about Scouts. Scouts I can tear apart with Bruiser if they dares to gap closer to me.

I'm not here talking about Scouts either. I'm talking about Rocketeers. I picked Scout as an example, because it has the lowest health and a Flak Scout has the shortest effective firing range of all the A-class. That makes it at a severe disadvantage to a Rocketeer.
It's not about what mech you pick. None of them are inherently "the best". It's about how YOU use them, which comes from learning good judgement on how to handle different situations.

That would be because you or your team are making mistakes (i.e. not communicating and not working together), not because Rocketeers are the best in the game.

Edited by nokari, May 18 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#38 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted May 18 2014 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image

#39 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 19 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 17 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

View PostOdinous, on May 17 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

nerf rocketeer_lol,"his" only fault is the autoguided missiles,wich you can avoid(cover/dodge).

Try avoiding in the AA and there is 5 rocketeers. "Just no"
Well, that's only on last eco. This is more of a map issue more so than a mech one. All the other AA zones have fairly decent cover to work with. Last Eco's is the only one that's totally exposed.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#40 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted May 19 2014 - 10:16 PM

Tell you what. You go and find 5 Rocketeers. I'll go and find 5... ohhh, let's call them Assaults. Let's see how that pans out.

I'm being generous here! You'll even see them coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users