HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Let me ask you.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 01:15 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Just let me ask you how many times on any map or overall on whole damn game you just end up on close range with the Rocketeer_ That thing is way too good for this game. Only option is pretty much removing whole mech. Because it is too good. Most versatile good damage rating where you on Close or Medium range.

Why do you speak about Hell fires reloading time_ It is nearly same even if you end up on close range of Rocketeer he just annihilates you with splash damage. Aerial Prowess allows you to just fly away from the splash damage and laugh at your silly attempt to get close... DE you do a great work if you remove rocketeer and refund the MC what people wasted on it back.

It is either great nerf or just kick it out of the game. Rocketeer shouldn't have been created or even existed on this game when you putted it on Steam. Every match where I have had been playing. One average Rocketeer defeat or victory (depends on which team it is) And if it happens to be on my team. I just want to puke from disgust and leave that team mate to die if I am technician.

Rocketeer just doesn't require any learning... Click launch and smack your face on keyboard. Btw. You don't even require mouse to play it even touch pad of Laptop is enough to make Rocketeer to be played enough well to make a victory.
Let me just laugh at you for a second and give you some numbers to prove you completely wrong. First of all the Hellfires deal 18.5x6 damage per shot which means each shot can only deal a maximum of 111 damage which is 14 damage less then the TOW or GL and it also fires 0.75 seconds slower then the TOW or GL. The Seeker has a 71.43 DPS so it exactly weak in any sense but it is weaker then other sustained weapons like the AR, SMC or the Vulcan so in a pure damage exchange, assuming both pilots are too dumb to dodge, the Rocketeer loses out.

I can't understand how you believe the Rocketeer is good at CQC since any pure damage exchange will result in the Rocketeer's loss even before taking account self damage and that's assuming the Rocketeer turns fast enough to lead its shots since turn rate caps exist.

You obviously haven't reached the higher tiered matches (1900-2000+) once you get there you'll have a healthy respect for anyone who has the skill to play Rocketeer well.

Just like Silverfire said, you're getting stomped due to the amount of mechs dominating at what they do best. Also the innate map advantage Rocketeers have on Last Eco doesn't help either. Have you seen a team with 2 or 3 EOC Predators on Origin siege_

Edited by jrkong, May 20 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#42 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 02:03 AM

View Postjrkong, on May 20 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

Just let me ask you how many times on any map or overall on whole damn game you just end up on close range with the Rocketeer_ That thing is way too good for this game. Only option is pretty much removing whole mech. Because it is too good. Most versatile good damage rating where you on Close or Medium range.

Why do you speak about Hell fires reloading time_ It is nearly same even if you end up on close range of Rocketeer he just annihilates you with splash damage. Aerial Prowess allows you to just fly away from the splash damage and laugh at your silly attempt to get close... DE you do a great work if you remove rocketeer and refund the MC what people wasted on it back.

It is either great nerf or just kick it out of the game. Rocketeer shouldn't have been created or even existed on this game when you putted it on Steam. Every match where I have had been playing. One average Rocketeer defeat or victory (depends on which team it is) And if it happens to be on my team. I just want to puke from disgust and leave that team mate to die if I am technician.

Rocketeer just doesn't require any learning... Click launch and smack your face on keyboard. Btw. You don't even require mouse to play it even touch pad of Laptop is enough to make Rocketeer to be played enough well to make a victory.
Let me just laugh at you for a second and give you some numbers to prove you completely wrong. First of all the Hellfires deal 18.5x6 damage per shot which means each shot can only deal a maximum of 111 damage which is 14 damage less then the TOW or GL and it also fires 0.75 seconds slower then the TOW or GL. The Seeker has a 71.43 DPS so it exactly weak in any sense but it is weaker then other sustained weapons like the AR, SMC or the Vulcan so in a pure damage exchange, assuming both pilots are too dumb to dodge, the Rocketeer loses out.

I can't understand how you believe the Rocketeer is good at CQC since any pure damage exchange will result in the Rocketeer's loss even before taking account self damage and that's assuming the Rocketeer turns fast enough to lead its shots since turn rate caps exist.

You obviously haven't reached the higher tiered matches (1900-2000+) once you get there you'll have a healthy respect for anyone who has the skill to play Rocketeer well.

Just like Silverfire said, you're getting stomped due to the amount of mechs dominating at what they do best. Also the innate map advantage Rocketeers have on Last Eco doesn't help either. Have you seen a team with 2 or 3 EOC Predators on Origin siege_

PFFFT! EOC Predators are easy because of they are lacking on good close quarters combat capabilities. I have fought against Predators and I rarely see good ones. Only thing what I fear on Origin is ability powered up Point D Vulcan Grenadier. Because jesus christ that thing is so dangerous at there. "Oh you wanna go behind cover. I will send a grenade to there how about that_" now that is something what I would call man... This will be difficult (and pretty much overall Grenadier is good for Origin)

Thing is that if I want to go against high tier players is that I want to know are they poisonous as LoL community players... Because I have had enough of ranked fuzzy bunny already on my shoulders what I have dislodged off of myself time to time.

Edited by Battlesbreak, May 20 2014 - 02:05 AM.

#43 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 20 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

View Postjrkong, on May 20 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

PFFFT! EOC Predators are easy because of they are lacking on good close quarters combat capabilities. I have fought against Predators and I rarely see good ones. Only thing what I fear on Origin is ability powered up Point D Vulcan Grenadier. Because jesus christ that thing is so dangerous at there. "Oh you wanna go behind cover. I will send a grenade to there how about that_" now that is something what I would call man... This will be difficult (and pretty much overall Grenadier is good for Origin)

Thing is that if I want to go against high tier players is that I want to know are they poisonous as LoL community players... Because I have had enough of ranked fuzzy bunny already on my shoulders what I have dislodged off of myself time to time.
You clearly haven't seen how annoying EOC Predators can be but from what you're saying it's not surprising since you probably aren't matched up with players who truly know how to use their mechs yet.

#44 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted May 20 2014 - 05:43 AM

i've said this a thousand times and i'll say it a million more if i must: there are few mechs you can learn to counter as much as the rocketeer because it might have great strengths and power, but it also has clear and devastating weak points which, if exploited well, can grind him to a pulp in a second
flank him, jump over him, hover over him like a wasp, stand in his damn face i don't care. all are viable
Posted Image

#45 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 20 2014 - 06:33 AM

If you find 5 rocketeers on one map I would switch out to 5 SS/reapers and snipe them to death.  A good sniper is one of the hardest counters a rocketeer has (the other being really good scouts/zerkers).

#46 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 03:55 AM

EOC preds are the best if you can hit your shots. Play against someone who has mastered the EOC and you'll be sorry

#47 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 03:57 AM

Also can we let this thread die_ It's pointless to try to convince him that rocketeer is easy prays to kill

#48 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 23 2014 - 04:18 AM

"Can we let this thread die_"

*resurrects thread*

Oh the irony

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#49 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 18 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

May I just ask from you BazookaFighter_ Is the HAWKEN competitive community poisonous as League of Legends own or at least close of it_ If it is. This customer is out. If it is not... I might consider but I bet that I get stomped in about 0.001 seconds.

You are the one who is poisonous around here.

Sure, Rocketeers on Last Echo might be annoying. Invincible_ HELL NO. They can't even kill you from splash damage, because if I remember correctly Hellfire missiles can't be detonated in mid air. That means hitting a hovering target is harder.

Just remember to KEEP DODGING and stop crying, this games isn't supposed to be hand holding.

Even a Brawler can reach them, stand still, tear them apart and walk away with over 50% of its health. And this is if you STAND STILL.

#50 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostSilverfire, on May 23 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

*resurrects thread*

Oh the irony

Ohhh! I really would like to choke you now...

And to redslion. I bet you are under rating that Rocketeer players would strike you from behind if Brawler locks down.

#51 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 23 2014 - 05:19 PM

My friend, that's skill, not OPness.

pilot op, plz nerf

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#52 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 05:23 PM

Ok, who is the evil dumb arse who resurrected this thread... raise your hand I promise I do not have a chain saw waiting behind my back ... hehehhehehe

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#53 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted May 23 2014 - 05:47 PM

Rocketeer is so easy to avoid damage from unless they are using a heat or an EOC or know how to curve hellfires and know when to fire.

I can go against a rocketeer and win 90% of the time because you just dodge the hellfires. Not hard, just timing.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#54 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostBazookagofer, on May 23 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Ok, who is the evil dumb arse who resurrected this thread... raise your hand I promise I do not have a chain saw waiting behind my back ... hehehhehehe
Raises hand. Sorry lol.

#55 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 23 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

And to redslion. I bet you are under rating that Rocketeer players would strike you from behind if Brawler locks down.

WHAT_ It's hard to get struck from behind against something like a rocketeer. They aren't that fast, and if A ROCKETEER can fly above you and shoot you i the back, then you won't last enough for them to reach you anyway.

Unless you are turreted. But if you turret as a brawler you are making a huge mistake. HUGE. only do that in situations where you won't be hit from above. Which is pretty rare, considering how slow you are.

Another question: if rocketeers are a problem, snipers are a nightmare for you, right_

Edited by redslion, May 24 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#56 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 10:52 AM

View Postredslion, on May 24 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

WHAT_ It's hard to get struck from behind against something like a rocketeer. They aren't that fast, and if A ROCKETEER can fly above you and shoot you i the back, then you won't last enough for them to reach you anyway.

Unless you are turreted. But if you turret as a brawler you are making a huge mistake. HUGE. only do that in situations where you won't be hit from above. Which is pretty rare, considering how slow you are.

Another question: if rocketeers are a problem, snipers are a nightmare for you, right_

They have never been nightmare to me. Just "Anticipate... You do know why" *car crash*

#57 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 24 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

They have never been nightmare to me. Just "Anticipate... You do know why" *car crash*

Then it's the same for rocketeer: you try to cover your closing in, and then make your superiority in a direct confrontation count. It would be a problem if the rocketeer could whipe you out in a single strike, but that's not the case.

#58 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postredslion, on May 24 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

View PostBattlesbreak, on May 24 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

Then it's the same for rocketeer: you try to cover your closing in, and then make your superiority in a direct confrontation count. It would be a problem if the rocketeer could whipe you out in a single strike, but that's not the case.

On my part rockets are difficult to anticipate when they will hit because they sometimes either disappears or I dodge too late. Hit scan weaponry is easiest to dodge specially those what has long reload time.

#59 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'd say you shouldn't try to dodge all rockets: instead try to minimize the time the rocketeer can see you, try to make erratic movements (don't approach in a straight line if possible) and once you are close enough, try to always keep them on the crosshair if you are on a C mech (that should be enough, C mechs usually come out victorious by trading blows with rocketeer).

To avoid the rocketeer's strikes (and any other mechs), do two things: try to predict when their weapons are off cooldown and try to dodge every time their cockpit turns to watch you. When it does, you know they have you on their crosshair. Rocketeer's auto lock won't work if you are that close.

This is useful for all mechs, and fundamental if you pilot A mechs.

#60 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostSilverfire, on May 23 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

*resurrects thread*

Oh the irony

Ohhh! I really would like to choke you now...

Ohhh! I really would like to report you for making death threats right now.

Currently Considering doing so.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users