HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 6/6/2014

Community Update

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted June 06 2014 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image

Greetings Pilots,

It's our pleasure to bring you another Development Update and we're glad you could join us. There is a lot of speculation coming from the community right now about what's next for HAWKEN and the interest in what we're working on is truly appreciated. Earlier this week I made a small post on a separate thread, touching upon this very topic so let's start this Development Update with what was mentioned there.

The forums have been a little quiet in the way of updates from us about what's on the horizon and some of the primary people responsible for such updates in the past haven't been available lately, including myself. ZamboniChaos was away for a little while to go on a trip and yes it's true, Vanashinkaku has left Adhesive Games and is spending time on other projects of his. I don't know the details about what he's working on but we really enjoyed having him and hope he can come back to us sometime in the near future!

I haven't been as visible on the forums myself over the past couple of months because I've been spending my time on something different for HAWKEN. There isn't any information to share at the moment, but we'll provide updates as soon as it makes sense to do so. As a result of where we're putting some of our efforts, some of the more major content updates are being slightly delayed. Development hasn't stopped of course and we've already released 2 small patches just over the last week addressing some emergent issues and polishing up some private server features. Speaking of which, as many of you know there were also some hiccups with the game over the last 24 hours and they should be fixed. The issues were related to platform work, database work and some problem servers but the changes were rolled back for further investigation. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Behind the scenes we have started taking steps to migrate to our new database. As you know it's been in development for a while and it's a very big deal to us that migration can finally begin. All of this should be fairly seamless to you and we won't be announcing a sudden flipping of a giant switch. Instead we will be migrating gradually, starting with small steps such as enabling dual writes to both databases so we can catch issues, making adjustments as needed. This change brings with it improved performance, a reduced cost and greater deployment flexibility.

A priority for us continues to be improving server performance and I'm happy to say that as of this week, we've entered the final stages of preparations to move to another primary game server hosting company. This is another important step for us as we work on what we feel are important issues for the game. It may not be as flashy as a new feature but it does impact the HAWKEN experience for everyone in a positive way! Also, this brings new regions and private servers to the table as options for everyone sooner.

Thank you for reading everyone, we'll check in with you again very soon and have a great weekend with HAWKEN!

Click here to view the article

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#2 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 04:49 PM

Please go back to server side render.
Client side render = too many misses!

#3 Abanomex

Abanomex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 04:49 PM

thanks for communicating with the community.

#4 NSCL

NSCL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland [GMT+1]

Posted June 06 2014 - 05:00 PM

Great news! It's not always have to be about flashy features. I hope this changes will really improve stability and overall experience of the game.

Keep up the good work :)

...yes, yes, whatever.

#5 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted June 06 2014 - 05:30 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on June 06 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

I haven't been as visible on the forums myself over the past couple of months because I've been spending my time on something different for HAWKEN.

#6 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted June 06 2014 - 05:39 PM

Estif likes this.

Posted Image

#7 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 06 2014 - 05:42 PM

Wow. You guys have been busy.

My parents both work for a company called NetApp and both of them have been in the field of both storage (think ITunes, Bank of America, so and so on) and Disaster Recovery (making sure backup systems and fail-over processes work properly in the worse events possible to advert data loss). Additionally, my Brother and Stepdad both have experience with System Administration within both Linux and UNIX systems (stepdad was an old Unix Admin for back in the days when men were men). I have heard and seen the troubles of migrating from one machine from another (I work for a small computer repair shop). I can only imagine the insanity that can happen in a live environment.

I know Ben_ and Defter have been busy along with the rest of you guys. Some of my forum posts have been very critical of things lately and I did not that this into account.

However, if you guys move to the servers that are as good as the experimental ones, things will be nice. Really nice.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#8 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted June 06 2014 - 06:31 PM

A real update from ADH after such a long silence_

Posted Image

I haven't been as visible on the forums myself over the past couple of months because I've been spending my time on something different for HAWKEN.
Half life 3 Confirmed

Edited by ShadowWarg, June 06 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#9 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted June 06 2014 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

This is probably a dumb question, but where in the world can one acquire such a glorious piece of headgear_

Edited by SatelliteJack, June 08 2014 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#10 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 06 2014 - 08:30 PM

A priority for us continues to be improving server performance and I'm happy to say that as of this week, we've entered the final stages of preparations to move to another primary game server hosting company. This is another important step for us as we work on what we feel are important issues for the game. It may not be as flashy as a new feature but it does impact the HAWKEN experience for everyone in a positive way! Also, this brings new regions and private servers to the table as options for everyone sooner.

So now all servers will become like those -x- servers right_

Posted Image

#11 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted June 06 2014 - 09:54 PM

We wait with bated breath for the future.

#12 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted June 06 2014 - 11:02 PM

After reading all of the dev update, I got following message:

"Hi!"

Edited by FakeName, June 06 2014 - 11:02 PM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#13 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hope is able to meet most people's expectations.

#14 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 06 2014 - 11:22 PM

Such a tease!

#15 karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:07 AM

I haven't been as visible on the forums myself over the past couple of months because I've been spending my time on something different for HAWKEN. There isn't any information to share at the moment, but we'll provide updates as soon as it makes sense to do so.

Ascension 2.0_

#16 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:54 AM

It's ok for the changes to come slowly so the community don't panic as they did after the Ascension ones :P I am impatient to see what future will bring to Hawken :rolleyes: !
Keep up the great work Devs!

#17 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 07 2014 - 05:45 AM

Great job Team[HWK] I never doubted you! I simply must own a private HAWKEN server now I have tasted them for real.
Posted Image

#18 plato666

plato666

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHastings england

Posted June 07 2014 - 06:30 AM

Thankyou team Hawken you have never let me down and i total faith in you any news is good news i was afraid the personal touch had gone away with the steam release.we need that more than you ever no. Thankyou.
the grind of the metal gives me a hard on lol

#19 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted June 07 2014 - 07:13 AM

Well now you might not think its flashy but coming closer and closer to dumping AWS for this new host is pretty darn flashy if you ask me. Hooray server stability and capability. That is of course assuming that its actually a game server host and that its not Gameservers (they are known as the worst game host in the business for a reason).

#20 Crixly

Crixly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLa concha de tu madre.

Posted June 07 2014 - 12:21 PM

Awesome news is awesome! Please make a South America server! Sometimes we can´t play with over 200 of ping. We don't care where, Brasil, Argentina... But please, make a southern server than US. T_T I will make you cookies

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users