HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

You guys seriously need to address people leaving post match..

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLocating...... Target Loss

Posted June 11 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostMeraple, on June 11 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

View PostGenAce, on June 11 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Just an idea - WoT rotates the game modes. So the suggestion based on that precedents would be: three types of servers. DM/TDM, Objective play (Missile Assault and Siege), and co-op.

Get rid of the server browser all together and to allow the match making system draw from a larger pool of players and reduce the post game timer.

Could everyone agree with that_

no
TDM masterrace

Why not_ This allows variance in the types of modes and maps. Players can still still leave and then join another play type. What is your real objection_

#22 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on June 11 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

The daily bonus should be removed in favor of consecutive match bonuses.

This.

I've been saying this for a while. The win bonus is detrimental to the quality of games, because it encourages a mentality of giving up if you know you're not going to win. If most people's goal is to get the HC they need to unlock more things, it's better to give them bonuses for playing continuously. If you still get a bonus, win or lose, then you're more likely to keep playing, especially if it stacked for a certain limit (maybe 3 consecutive games).

Posted Image

#23 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:36 AM

I disagree Nokari - this encourages players to just go AFK and have a macro set to walk forward into a wall so the game doesn't know any better. The daily win bonuse needs to go all together and instead they need to adjust the credits so each match you earn more.

#24 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostGenAce, on June 11 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I disagree Nokari - this encourages players to just go AFK and have a macro set to walk forward into a wall so the game doesn't know any better. The daily win bonuse needs to go all together and instead they need to adjust the credits so each match you earn more.
ok lets go to extreme examples to prove a point, win bonus encourages you to download cheats so you never lose, and get dailys faster.

- lok'tar ogar -

#25 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:48 AM

Wow Ker4u you obviously don't read at all.

The daily win bonuse needs to go all together and instead they need to adjust the credits so each match you earn more.

The daily win bonuse needs TO GO all together. TO GO means to leave.. to not be around.

And cheaters are going to cheat anyway.. regardless if they do or don't get bonuses.

Edited by GenAce, June 11 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#26 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 12:48 PM

You cant get rid of the server browser if we are going to have custom servers. If anything, get rid of Match Making so players camp in a server like we used to do 10 years ago. People won't leave a server if they don't have the "easy button" to get back into another one.

Don't get me wrong, I currently use the "easy button", but I would like to use the browser once private servers become a thing.

#27 Odra

Odra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 12:51 PM

I leave because I don't trust the balancer and I absolutely despise the long wait times (before and after) matches.

"Rock is overpowered; Paper is fine" - Scissors
Keep this in mind whenever people talk about balance and nerfs.
Posted Image

#28 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostOdra, on June 11 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

I leave because I don't trust the balancer and I absolutely despise the long wait times (before and after) matches.

This attitude ruins the experience for a lot of players, just so you know. The wait time could be shorter, don't get me wrong. But it is no reason to leave consistently after every match.

#29 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:45 PM

Howdy y'all

There have been many post attempting to resolve this issue in the older threads. Not much has been done recently to address issues so they are still relevant.

I would recommend either adding comment to an existing post to help track history and show it's importance or ask a forum moderator to sticky a post or 2 on individual issues for us to use as a focal point for comments and potential solutions. I think  a lot of the message and urgency gets softened/diluted, if similar issues/concerns are spread across multiple threads over a long span of time.

I've raised a few threads on this subject as well as many other pilots creating threads to post their concerns.

https://community.pl...rt-hc-xp-bonus/
https://community.pl...ch-end-results/
https://community.pl...-rage-quitting/

Edited by BigLag, June 11 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#30 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostGenAce, on June 11 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I disagree Nokari - this encourages players to just go AFK and have a macro set to walk forward into a wall so the game doesn't know any better.

And that doesn't already exist_ People can use macros in the exact same way to sit in match after match until their teammates win for them so they get their win bonus. Hell, you don't even need a macro for that, or my suggestion. Just launch and bump your mouse a couple times between tweeting or checking FB statuses...

Arguing about such hypotheticals isn't constructive, because they represent maybe 1-2% of all players, probably less. The majority will never do that. They will play because they're both getting to have fun matches and getting a bonus without having to worry about whether they win or not. Our concern should be keeping the greater majority of players interested and happy, who don't use any kind of bot or macro for anything, and getting new players. ADH can always work with Steam on solutions to blocking third-party programs and anyone can report someone suspected of using them.

Edited by nokari, June 11 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

#31 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostOdra, on June 11 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

That's the worst thing you could do. Your matches could be more balanced if you stuck around so it could actually try to balance the people in the server. Every time you and others go bouncing into other servers mid-match, you're making it harder for those matches to be balanced, because the matchmaker can't rebalance entire teams mid-match.

Sure wait times probably need to be shorter, but what you're doing just makes things worse overall for everybody. Besides, ever play a game like Titanfall_ I played it for the first time this last weekend and you have to wait 90 seconds between matches and it can take 10-15 minutes just to start a game. We have it pretty good all things considered.

Posted Image

#32 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostGenAce, on June 11 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Wow Ker4u you obviously don't read at all.

The daily win bonuse needs to go all together and instead they need to adjust the credits so each match you earn more.

The daily win bonuse needs TO GO all together. TO GO means to leave.. to not be around.

And cheaters are going to cheat anyway.. regardless if they do or don't get bonuses.

You realize what you said is in agreement to what I said, right_ I suggested the win bonus needs to go and that players should get increasing bonuses for playing consecutive matches (with a limit).

Posted Image

#33 Undecided_Major

Undecided_Major

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Refugee

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:57 PM

If I can't leave during the match and I can't leave after the match when am I supposed to leave_ I can't play Hawken ALL the time. I try my best to do so but even I have to sleep.

#34 Veritasnous

Veritasnous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:08 PM

I've said this other places, but I leave after matches because of bugs.

If I don't leave, roughly 90% of the time I will be dropped from the match and a good portion of those times the game will hang.

It's actually a service to my teammates. If I get dropped from the game, it doesn't seem to be dropping me server side every time, so I'm locked out of the next match for about 5 minutes before it kicks ghost me for being idle. Ghost me just takes up space and does nothing.

#35 Odra

Odra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:32 PM

In fact, I'd prefer for the server to start as soon as the server hits 10/12.

I even bound the disconnect command to a key so I can skip the lineup end screen.

Posted Image

#36 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:49 PM

What's wrong_ Leaving after the match is the best possible time to leave if you're gonna do it...

#37 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostTerr_, on June 11 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

What's wrong_ Leaving after the match is the best possible time to leave if you're gonna do it...

You missed the point. People leave after every game and go back to the main menu just to look for another game in progress so they don't have to wait, and most of the time for different game modes to get the dailies.

Its not about leaving after a match because you're done, that is natural. The problem is, people leave because there is something the devs needs to change.

#38 Odra

Odra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postteeth_03, on June 11 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

[...]The problem is, people leave because there is something the devs needs to change.

Something = The Wait Times.
:P

Posted Image

#39 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 02:58 AM

And daily bonuses

#40 MetalBin

MetalBin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 03:17 AM

Computers can't predict the future plans of players but it can just ask.

What match do you want_ Best ping, best MMR, mayhem, doing daily bonuses, continuous play of selected game type.

By knowing the future intentions of all players the queue system can manage a much better experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users