HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

You guys seriously need to address people leaving post match..

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:22 AM

This is getting really old having all but 2 or 3 people leave after every. single. match.

This would be a good start: https://community.pl...-single-server/

Having to find a new server after every single match is getting old and it's going to be the death of this game.

#2 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:27 AM

100 % agree.
What's wrong with people these days.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#3 Qazda

Qazda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:33 AM

What about throwing everybody back into matchmaking after each match, like in Ghost Recon Online_ Instead of having 2 half-full matches have just 1 full match. Would need to disable server browsing though and we all know how well that went last time...

Posted Image

#4 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:48 AM

gimme roll out bonus!

#5 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:53 AM

View PostQazda, on June 11 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

What about throwing everybody back into matchmaking after each match, like in Ghost Recon Online_ Instead of having 2 half-full matches have just 1 full match. Would need to disable server browsing though and we all know how well that went last time...

That's an interesting idea. In that case the matchmaking system would have a lot more players to choose from to fill servers with players of similar skill level. However, for that idea the devs should shift the focus of the matchmaker from speed to quality. The server browser could still be used for custom servers and PVE game modes.

#6 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:00 AM

How about, after the game ends, we get a voting screen to vote for the next map.
That would keep players in the room, wouldn't it_

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

#7 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:06 AM

I've been insisting this system for million years by now. Well...technically 3 months lol because that's when I started this game. But seriously, I believe devs are making a serious mistake by keep using server browser system and adding even more features on it. Being thrown into half to almost over match is what making people to be frustrated most and leave hawken. And the current system just encourage people to join and leave whenever they want. This system seems like it is based on a belief that most people will have some responsibility that would make them to stay on losing games. How about NO, THEY DON'T!

What makes me really frustrating is, literally they are adding more features on the current system. It seems they are not going to change this any time soon. :( I'm just hoping they are doing something right. I wish this issue to be addressed asap.

#8 dajegas

dajegas

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:10 AM

View PostOnebullit, on June 11 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

How about, after the game ends, we get a voting screen to vote for the next map.
I don't think the reason for people leaving is the maps.
People join in a game type to get the daily HC bonus then they leave when they win. Who loses one round usually stays for the next. I could see this happening many times, the winning team almost immediately disappears while the losing team more or less stays intact so the next round starts like 3vs3.
This happens a lot and I have to say I don't mind, everyone needs HCs and this is the best way to get them. In late hours almost everyone has all 4 daily bonuses and that's when servers stay full for a longer time. I had late games that went on and on with more or less the same players and those disconnecting where doing so just to quit and get some sleep.

EDIT: a possible solution could be to have one server per game type that does not give the HC daily bonuses at all. This way you may safely assume that by joining that server you only get people interested in playing that mode consistently.

Edited by dajegas, June 11 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#9 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:15 AM

Not unless it is voting for next gamemode because people want to get daily win bonuses. Statistically saying, those 4~5 on winning team would leave because they have achieved their goal(daily win bonus) already, and 3~4 on losing team would also leave because they don't even want to spend 5 more seconds with hopeless ex-teammates that they can't even bear being in the same server with them.

Aside from daily win bonus, people leave because they have kind of groundless belief that they will meet better skilled/minded people on different servers. Well, it could go either way tbh, but I don't think voting will be able to overshadow their frustration.

#10 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:42 AM

The daily bonus should be removed in favor of consecutive match bonuses.

#11 dajegas

dajegas

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:58 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on June 11 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

The daily bonus should be removed in favor of consecutive match bonuses.
No. Daily bonus as it is now makes every player play every game mode at least once per day.
If you change it to consecutive match bonus you end up with unused game modes and empty servers on one end and servers forever full of idle players afk for hours but collecting HCs on the other end. No way.

Not everything we don't like or understand is by definition wrong.

#12 Van_Tuz

Van_Tuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationRussian federation

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:06 AM

Here's the diliemma for you:
Daily win reward results in many players leaving after a match.
However Daily win reward is the Skinner box technique.  That's something that makes many players to go play in a first place.
Pick your poison.

Personally I don't view it as a huge problem. 3v3 game is also a game. And it may be just as good as 6v6.

Edited by Van_Tuz, June 11 2014 - 10:07 PM.

I live only to serve

#13 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:06 AM

View Postdajegas, on June 11 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

I don't think the reason for people leaving is the maps.
People join in a game type to get the daily HC bonus then they leave when they win. Who loses one round usually stays for the next. I could see this happening many times, the winning team almost immediately disappears while the losing team more or less stays intact so the next round starts like 3vs3.
This happens a lot and I have to say I don't mind, everyone needs HCs and this is the best way to get them. In late hours almost everyone has all 4 daily bonuses and that's when servers stay full for a longer time. I had late games that went on and on with more or less the same players and those disconnecting where doing so just to quit and get some sleep.

EDIT: a possible solution could be to have one server per game type that does not give the HC daily bonuses at all. This way you may safely assume that by joining that server you only get people interested in playing that mode consistently.

View Postrekina, on June 11 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

Not unless it is voting for next gamemode because people want to get daily win bonuses. Statistically saying, those 4~5 on winning team would leave because they have achieved their goal(daily win bonus) already, and 3~4 on losing team would also leave because they don't even want to spend 5 more seconds with hopeless ex-teammates that they can't even bear being in the same server with them.

Aside from daily win bonus, people leave because they have kind of groundless belief that they will meet better skilled/minded people on different servers. Well, it could go either way tbh, but I don't think voting will be able to overshadow their frustration.

So you guys are saying that everybody i always play with
quit the matches after the end, to play some other gametype for the daily
bonuses_ :D  Is everybody going for the bonuses_

After any gametype i play,
players quit, and maybe 3 stay in the server.  Then i quit and enter, lets say
an other Siege game, and see players from the previous game.  Why didn't those stay
in the server_  That players change gametypes for the daily bonuses, is ok, no problem with that.
But that is absolutely not the main reason why people quit the server.

A vote to change the gametype is also good but if i want
to play tdm, i want to play tdm so, if ppl are going to vote for the gametype
it can also cause ppl to quit that server.

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

#14 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:30 AM

I never saw a dev showing any concern or interest in finding a solution for this. So it's useless to keep wring suggestions. IMO.

Posted Image

#15 Pilot_Connecting_

Pilot_Connecting_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:20 AM

I don't know that the prospect of being a hostage, locked into perpetual hawken rounds is a desirable feature to maintain robust server activity.

I've had to p00p for the entire match, and now that it's over I gotta go.

#16 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 11 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

I never saw a dev showing any concern or interest in finding a solution for this. So it's useless to keep wring suggestions. IMO.

Well, it doesn't mean that they don't care if they don't reply to threads. Most of the developers I see in the forums read quite a few threads but seldom post anything. Also: some devs are actually thinking about different ways to make staying on the same server more attractive for players.

#17 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLocating...... Target Loss

Posted June 11 2014 - 08:34 AM

Just an idea - WoT rotates the game modes. So the suggestion based on that precedents would be: three types of servers. DM/TDM, Objective play (Missile Assault and Siege), and co-op.

Get rid of the server browser all together and to allow the match making system draw from a larger pool of players and reduce the post game timer.

Could everyone agree with that_

Edited by GenAce, June 11 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#18 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 11 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostGenAce, on June 11 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Just an idea - WoT rotates the game modes. So the suggestion based on that precedents would be: three types of servers. DM/TDM, Objective play (Missile Assault and Siege), and co-op.

Get rid of the server browser all together and to allow the match making system draw from a larger pool of players and reduce the post game timer.

Could everyone agree with that_

no
TDM masterrace

Posted Image

Spoiler

#19 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted June 11 2014 - 09:09 AM

I understand the frustration caused by people leaving after a game is over.  However, not everyone wants to play several matches in a row, or play on certain maps, or play the same game mode repeatedly, or continue playing with people one didn't particularly enjoy.  I believe that locking players in where they don't want to be will ultimately do more harm than good. Attempting to constrain players from leaving a game for any reason by making it punitive (except under the most egregious circumstances--i.e., RQ, etc.) seems ill-advised based on where this game and its concurrent player population is at present.

Sometimes I just want to play one game of Siege then go play TDM or MA, or I don't want to play Siege on Last Eco or TDM on Bunker, etc. The daily bonus isn't a big deal for me as I have enough MC, HC, and XP to do most anything I want in my account. I've also been around long enough to have purchased and leveled all my mechs.

IMO, lack of a concurrent player population large enough to allow matchmaker to work properly, unresolved bugs/glitches, and perceived stagnation from a lack of variety in game modes, mechs, weapons, loadouts, weak skill partitioning, etc., are more likely to contribute to the death of the game, if anything.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#20 gubbel

gubbel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 09:17 AM

One problem is the eternity it takes between matches, cut the carousel and just give 20 seconds to look at stats before switching to the next map.
Once balance is done (it sometimes takes a while until it realizes that 6v2 might not be balanced) a 10s countdown to match start.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users