HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator with heat cannon, no more flak. Opinions_

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Gravebound

Gravebound

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, United States

Posted October 26 2012 - 09:46 PM

I miss the Flak, but at the same time being able to run up on someone with a charged heat and a grenade launcher is still a truckload of damage, and I've gotten some kills at longer ranges than I used to be able to with the Flak thanks to the heat, so I consider it about on par with what it was before.

#22 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:21 PM

The only way the Inf could get better for me is if I got at least 50fps and ping under 100.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#23 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:24 PM

I don't care what class it goes to I just want to have either the Flak or mini-flak to go to any of the A types.  I like using the A type's agility to get in close to a target, it was fun and made fights intense.  Having to pick between the assault rifle, heat cannon and slug rifle makes me sad as none of these fit my play style. :(
Posted Image

#24 noten

noten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well I'm pretty sure this combination won't last as it seems a little too good.

#25 z0mbie

z0mbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on October 25 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Why was this change made instead of giving the flak cannon the slight DPS nerf it needed_ The class is an A tier with a cloak thats primarily about close quarter encounters, ambushing, and retreating/deluding enemies.

Gotta agree with Pat here....I dunno wtf you all were thinking taking away the Flak from the Infiltrator.Had alot of fun running around in alpha with that thing. The CQ, Melee style fights was some great FUN, wich now I feel is gone.Dont get me wrong still love Piloting this, Since I toggled between the flak and AR alot anyway depending on what fight was like on a server by server basis.

When I 1st heard about Hawken I rememebr watching some vid of Khang talking about that there would be shotguns and man I remember getting so stoked, fondly thinking about the old Q3 DM days.....For me nothing comes close to running up on someone and blasting them with a shotgun.I really hope that those days aren't gone already for The Infiltrator.

#26 mechpilot3288

mechpilot3288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:08 AM

my thoughts. quit whining about how OP fuzzy bunny is and it wont get changed. That's how games get fuzzy bunny. WAAAAH WAHHH THIS IS OP NERF IT. now im getting killed by this thing all the time. WAHHH WAHHH OP NERF IT. stfu you cry babys. get good. end of rant lol

#27 KrazyLegz

KrazyLegz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:54 AM

I've been playing primarly infiltrator all day, and I have to agree that the heat cannon does not fit its role very well.  I had a terrible time trying to make the heat cannon work at medium range (accuracy issues) while still trying to stay mobile.  Close range with it is pretty much out of the question because of its slow refire rate, and you can't take advantage of the class's speed at longer ranges and stay accurate (maybe pros can, who knows).  The assault rifle was pretty dang good though, swoop in close range and fire from the hip.  I haven't tried the flak cannon at all, but it definitely sounds like it's a better fit for the infiltrator's role (it would definitely need a nerf for that, though)

#28 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostKrazyLegz, on October 27 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

I've been playing primarly infiltrator all day, and I have to agree that the heat cannon does not fit its role very well.  I had a terrible time trying to make the heat cannon work at medium range (accuracy issues) while still trying to stay mobile.  Close range with it is pretty much out of the question because of its slow refire rate, and you can't take advantage of the class's speed at longer ranges and stay accurate (maybe pros can, who knows).
I've been playing Inf, and 90% of the time I'm at mid-close range.
The HEAT isn't giving me any problems whatsoever.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#29 Orihalcon

Orihalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:16 AM

View Postnoten, on October 26 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Stop making the GL sound like it's hard to use, because it's not, it's still the best secondary weapon.

I've been waiting for a heat cannon on an A mech, this is gonna be fun to play, I hope it makes it into the final version.

View PostDeuy, on October 25 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Heat/EOC and grenade launcher is my favorite combo!
THIS MAN HAS GOOD TASTE. EXPLOSIVES4LYFE.

Hate to be a noob, but what is EOC_ I just started playing hawken (just got a computer capable of doing so)

#30 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostOrihalcon, on October 27 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

View Postnoten, on October 26 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Stop making the GL sound like it's hard to use, because it's not, it's still the best secondary weapon.

I've been waiting for a heat cannon on an A mech, this is gonna be fun to play, I hope it makes it into the final version.

View PostDeuy, on October 25 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Heat/EOC and grenade launcher is my favorite combo!
THIS MAN HAS GOOD TASTE. EXPLOSIVES4LYFE.

Hate to be a noob, but what is EOC_ I just started playing hawken (just got a computer capable of doing so)

The repeater shoots out 3-6 small explosives that detonate on contact or after a few seconds.

#31 Cest7

Cest7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationVan

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:41 PM

The Heat cannon just doesn't cut it close the range. The aoe too.. I'd rather only one of my guns have the ability to suicide, not both.

Want flak
Bah weep granah weep ninnybong, the universal greeting works every time.

#32 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:47 PM

If the Infiltrator is designed to be a close range class, then I think they should remove or change the assault rifle as well, as it's possible to use the assault rifle as a very effective extreme-range weapon. Just rapidly click the attack button as fast as you can. The weapon's accuracy will reset faster than you can click. Same goes for the submachine cannon.

Edited by HugeGuts, October 28 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#33 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostCest7, on October 28 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

The Heat cannon just doesn't cut it close the range. The aoe too...
My 5:1 Infiltrator K/Ds and I disagree.
We both love it.

AJK is right

#34 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:24 PM

I love the heat cannon. :wub:

#35 Cest7

Cest7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationVan

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 28 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

We both love it.

Brag all you want.
I'd take the flak cannon over the heat anyday
Bah weep granah weep ninnybong, the universal greeting works every time.

#36 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostCest7, on October 28 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 28 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

We both love it.

Brag all you want.
I'd take the flak cannon over the heat anyday
To each his own.

AJK is right

#37 Evil_Adolf

Evil_Adolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:52 PM

I love it the way it is. Heat + GL does MASSIVE damage when they both hit, they both do splash damage, and they give the infiltrator a nice "hit-n-run" feel to it. IMO, that's exactly hope that class should play.

#38 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:55 PM

As much as I love the Heat + GL combo, I do feel it needs to be looked at. No other combo is as strong in this build, with maybe the slug/sabot coming close to needing tweaking aswell.

Heat has great mid-close range on demand burst and anyone with decent aim can be barrel rolling around the map hitting targets on the move.

Edited by Coot, October 28 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#39 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:58 PM

... I seem to be the only one here who really likes the standard primary Assault Rifle.

Then again, I play the Infiltrator like a flanker. The HEAT cannon has too much reach for my tastes, and seems too unwieldy to chip away at retreating low-hp opponents who duck around corners.
Posted Image

#40 CharlieCroker

CharlieCroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:08 PM

I think the flak should be brought back, it's a close range weapon for a close range mech.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users