HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Android application for Hawken

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 DarthWar

DarthWar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 04 2014 - 09:16 AM

I will download and install it as soon as there is an .apk or it arrives in the Play store.

#62 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted September 05 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hi all! I'm going to be spending a day next week working on this application (really busy with other stuff atm). Now, what do people think about whether I should use the official Hawken website for retrieving information and specs about the mech, or use the wiki page for retrieving the data about the mechs etc_

Eventually, I will be caching the data, so you can view the information offline (Android provides a nice way to handle this).

What do people think_

#63 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted September 05 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostPsyphormer, on September 05 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

What do people think_

Well, the website is really horribly outdated/broken/vague, so I would recommend the Wiki. Also, I said I'd design a UI for you, but I actually any kind of technical knowledge about that field. I've been trying to fumble my way through, but it's not looking good. Sorry man, I just bit off more than I could chew. :/

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#64 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted September 05 2014 - 03:00 PM

I will stick to the wiki then. About the UI design, don't worry about it. I will get something basic together and we can improve on it at a later date (with the help from yourself and from other people). I've noticed the wiki has more information about Hawken than the official site_!. I will incorporate the content from the wiki when I work on the app next (early next week) and use the official site for forum posting and account information etc.

Will keep you guys posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users