HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Android application for Hawken

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:07 AM

Dude you are putting in some serious work.
You're working like a man possessed.

You are doing a great job.

Maybe add a stock ticker marquee or something that will bring up the latest updates or tournaments etc...
Quick, easy, simple to read details of up coming events. Just a thought.

#42 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:22 AM

nice work, myself i have been waiting for them to open up an api so we can code our own scoreboards and such but so far that data is closed, also for what im worth(less) i can vouch for the code as it was noted there aren't people around who can read it. an irc client would be a nifty feature dunno if you ever slapped together an irc client with an api its pretty fun and irritating :P also an idea i had today that would help, how about a static list of the servers and a timer beside them so we can (upon seeing a server reboot manualy) reset the timer that loops 10 minute rounds plus intermissions so we can have a sort of way to avoid joining servers that are ending hehe i doubt we are allowed to pull data from the memory itself

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 17 2014 - 03:26 AM.

i don't mean any of it

#43 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostReEvolve, on August 11 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

View PostPsyphormer, on August 11 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

View PostReEvolve, on August 11 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Did you make sure that the same thing can't happen to you_ Is there any proof that your app is actually legal_

I can only do so much.

How about "asking for permission before you create the app"_ That seems like a no-brainer to me. :P

Anyway, I know I can't tell you what to do. I just hope that you decide for yourself to do it in a proper way.

LOL
He does not need a permission for this.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#44 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 17 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

nice work, myself i have been waiting for them to open up an api so we can code our own scoreboards and such but so far that data is closed, also for what im worth(less) i can vouch for the code as it was noted there aren't people around who can read it. an irc client would be a nifty feature dunno if you ever slapped together an irc client with an api its pretty fun and irritating :P also an idea i had today that would help, how about a static list of the servers and a timer beside them so we can (upon seeing a server reboot manualy) reset the timer that loops 10 minute rounds plus intermissions so we can have a sort of way to avoid joining servers that are ending hehe i doubt we are allowed to pull data from the memory itself

I would be sweet if they would open up parts of their system so we could make some sweet apps. I would like to take this app as far as we could. I spent alot of time yesterday working on the code to make it really easy to add new features etc. I'm looking forward to developing the IRC client though. This may take some time, as I've never written one from scratch, but I do love a challenge. I will work more on this in a few days time.

BTW I'm testing the app on different phones, tablets, and screen sizes to insure the UI is consistent.

Fun stuff aye!!!!

#45 d3dreaper

d3dreaper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 08:10 AM

You look like you're making great progress! FYI I'm pretty good at breaking things so when you want it tested, I can do it for ya lmao
Posted Image
Finally broke past a 1.0k/d @ a 2.5 on 08/04/14 with 10K 4D 6A !YAY!
My custom hawken game chair build

#46 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:40 PM

I've uploaded the work I've done so far on GitHub:

https://github.com/T...n-Companion-App

/app/src/main/java/android/hawkencompanionapp contains the latest source code.

#47 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 18 2014 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming along well ^_^

#48 Orgox

Orgox

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:50 PM

Heh, I was (and maybe will finish it) working on a helper for hawken in android also. This is some photos from an outdated version:

Posted Image

If it helps I got permision to release it as long as I didnt make money of it.

Posted Image

#49 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:52 PM

Awh man, I've always wanted to design apps and make games... I'm so jealous of your talents!
Keep up the good work, because I now have someone to aspire to!
Posted Image

#50 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hey I tnink that's well cool. You should work on that app more! If my code helps, please use it. I've mainly designed it with fragments in mind, so there's alot of XML layout stuff though. Keep it up

#51 Orgox

Orgox

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostPsyphormer, on August 18 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Hey I tnink that's well cool. You should work on that app more! If my code helps, please use it. I've mainly designed it with fragments in mind, so there's alot of XML layout stuff though. Keep it up

Thanks; I will probably continue it, the thing that makes me stop working on it is the fear that it wont be relevant anymore when I finish it.

I am doing the app to practice so I am also using fragments, and at the same time following the mcv pattern.

Posted Image

#52 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 03:25 AM

even if you think its not goin anywhere perfect the hell outa it thats how i practice
i don't mean any of it

#53 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 19 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostOrgox, on August 19 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

If it helps I got permision to release it as long as I didnt make money of it.

Thanks a dozen! Saves me hiring a lawyer :-D. Even if you think that the app won't be relevant etc (which I think it won't), just keep at it. Regardless of what app or program you are doing, it's still programming which is very nice and challenging too. Keep building up your skills etc. Heck, I've done applications in the past for myself that I haven't released just for the sake of building up my programming skills.

#54 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 22 2014 - 10:23 AM

Oh bugger, I totally forgot about this! I'm so sorry, I've trying to keep finals and work in check, and it just slipped my mind. Do you still need a UI sketch_ Or have you got a working design_

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#55 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 22 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostSatelliteJack, on August 22 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Oh bugger, I totally forgot about this! I'm so sorry, I've trying to keep finals and work in check, and it just slipped my mind. Do you still need a UI sketch_ Or have you got a working design_

No need to say sorry, please focus on your finals (and good luck!). In terms of the UI, I only have what I've posted here. I would want to keep the navigation drawer (that window on the left) and the tabs for the mechs panel. The way the UI looks though, I still haven't decided.

I'm currently busy with other things atm, so please take your time. I really don't want people to sacrifice things in order to make the app look good. I would love to have an idea of the colour scheme. Might sound stupid, but the colour scheme that represents Hawken.

Thanks for your help.

#56 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 26 2014 - 09:29 AM

Real nice app!. When I first saw the link in the forum, I thought HAWKEN was going mobile. But then, this is a also cool!

@ReEvolve,
The fan kit description of HAWKEN's goes as follows:[font=Monda, sans-serif]
The HAWKEN Fan Kit is available to help you create HAWKEN websites, blogs, posters and artwork. The complete kit includes wallpapers, artwork, screenshots, logos, icons, and more.
[/font]
[font=Monda, sans-serif]
These materials are free to all, so download the goods and start creating! Don't forget to tell everyone about your creations on the HAWKEN forums.
[/font]

So, personally, I don't think breaking down the info sent from the official hawken server so that the app can use it is a problem!

Keep up the great job so far! When the app is released, I'll download it just for the game guide as the one in the official website is outdated. There is nothing on the G2 mechs. You could add in all the info from the wikia sites and also the official sites. Do make this guide offline! Also, a news section (for each mech, or separate) would be nice!
As for the design, do put that mesh kinda design at the back with grey (just a suggestion)!
@Everyone, does any body know if it is possible to get that overlay they use in their videos, login screen, loading screen etc_ If not, could someone make a replica_ Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
CapAllan :rolleyes: B) ^_^ ;)
Posted Image

#57 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 28 2014 - 11:54 PM

Much wow. Such amaze.  Really progressed since the last time i saw this thread

#58 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 30 2014 - 05:44 AM

Hi all. Just to let you all know, I will be resuming working on the application next week. I'm currently busy with other stuff atm. I have no way forgotten this.

Peace!

#59 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 07:19 AM

hey revolve every app you got could be malicious but you gotta instil a little trust, github is the best way to spread its insides out for the world to see so just ask a buddy or someone from another irc who can read it to check it out if you must, but as his work is part of his resume so to speak (down in history) i doubt he will chance a backdoor

(not to mention all the work he put in the app will be useless if backdoor was nabbed) so relax :P

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 30 2014 - 07:20 AM.

i don't mean any of it

#60 Psyphormer

Psyphormer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted August 30 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 30 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

hey revolve every app you got could be malicious but you gotta instil a little trust, github is the best way to spread its insides out for the world to see so just ask a buddy or someone from another irc who can read it to check it out if you must, but as his work is part of his resume so to speak (down in history) i doubt he will chance a backdoor

(not to mention all the work he put in the app will be useless if backdoor was nabbed) so relax :P

Thanks alot! I'm currently in the stages of moving job roles (still in programming), hence I've put this on hold. I am using this app as a basis of showing potential employers my Java programming skills. I've had some interest already :-D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users