HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A color distinction between usual tech beam, and green beam (on teammate's HUD)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hi.

So, to all the friends who play tech (I play it from time to time too, training for TPG I guess :)), you gents all know the frustration caused by teammates who run from you while you activate the ability and try to save them.

They be running like crazy all over the place, and you end up almost wasting the green beam of justice, and also getting forced to chase them away and open your back for unforgiving enemy shots that will usually destroy your paper armor.

Those teammates actually usually don't really realize that the healing rate is very high compared to usual yellow beam, that it's the green beam. You usually activate it for a critical save, when your mate is getting hammered, so the sfx of shots and all can cover up the sfx of you activating the ability, and won't trust you to save him. And that cheese happens and you be going rage mode ...

A simple way to prevent that or at least lower the frequency of it could be done by changing the notification of getting healed by a tech (which is yellow-orange by default) to green when green is being activated. It's just a reasonable alternative to you telling your mate that you're greening using voice comm.

Please dev team, just do it, it's a simple, very simple suggestion that can help a bit. Thank you.

Edited by EliteShooter, August 10 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image

#2 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:51 AM

Agreed to this, and also need working voice chat ;-)
Posted Image

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostMomOw, on August 10 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Agreed to this, and also need working voice chat ;-)

I expect it to be fixed soon, the devs were noticed more than enough about that. Now all we have to do is to find some simple (yet as effective as possible) to work around that, and leave the rest to them.

Posted Image

#4 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:06 AM

Y

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#5 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:22 AM

you gents all know the frustration caused by teammates who run from you while you activate the ability
heal brawlers.

brawlers can't runaway from you.

moreover, you can heal brawlers forcibly! even if they don't want that you heal them. :lol:

Edited by nepacaka, August 10 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#6 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:20 AM

(off topic : about colors, couldn't they also do stuff to notice when you are near incin' _)
Posted Image

#7 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:58 AM

(off topic : about colors, couldn't they also do stuff to notice when you are near incin' _)
you overheat bars have a some changes when incin near with you.

#8 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Postnepacaka, on August 10 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Thx gotta watch closer [end of off topic _]
Posted Image

#9 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostMomOw, on August 10 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postnepacaka, on August 10 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Thx gotta watch closer [end of off topic _]

Only a mod can end a discussion here.

Posted Image

#10 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 01:31 PM

he means back to the OP subject, i think.
healed teammate's Health Bars alternately flashing a brilliant blue & green (this would fix the r/g colorblind issue, too) would be easy to code up, i'd bet. blue would be a hell of a lot more noticable than a green heal-source indicator, as it could be confused for an enemy weapon strike indicator by r/g color blinders as well. this was a primary reason many law enforcement/emergency vehicles now carry red/blue combo lights. even folks with normal vision see the blue lights better in daytime

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#11 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 10 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yes.  Take all my yes.

#12 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:16 PM

If they wanted to the Devs could make it more like TF2 uber when your healing someone. Simply make the screen of the person being healed get a green overlay on there screen. Since in TF2 when the uber is active it puts a blue overlay on the screen as seen in the picture I'll put up in a second. That would be a easy way to tell someone "Hey, I'm healing you stay close".Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 10:50 PM

View PostOnstrava, on August 10 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

If they wanted to the Devs could make it more like TF2 uber when your healing someone. Simply make the screen of the person being healed get a green overlay on there screen. Since in TF2 when the uber is active it puts a blue overlay on the screen as seen in the picture I'll put up in a second. That would be a easy way to tell someone "Hey, I'm healing you stay close".Posted Image

Wait! i never play in team fortress, but...techinician heal-beam is a 99% copy of this gun.
Posted Image

how i hate tech even more, cuz devs just steal him from TF

#14 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:14 PM

View Postnepacaka, on August 11 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

View PostOnstrava, on August 10 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Wait! i never play in team fortress, but...techinician heal-beam is a 99% copy of this gun.
Posted Image

how i hate tech even more, cuz devs just steal him from TF
O you never played TF2_ Whoops sorry to break the news to you like this. :T

Posted Image

#15 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:31 PM

Get this though the Incinerator= TF2's heavy with a mix of TF2 pryo, the Grenadier= TF2 demo, Scout= scout from TF2 lolz and the Spy from TF2 can be considered the predator. XD I can't say much about Tf2's Soldier since multiple classes have rocket launchers on hawken and the engineer isn't close to anything on this game, yet. I can't say much about the sniper from Tf2 because what game doesn't have a sniper. But yea the Medic from Tf2= tech on here.

Posted Image

#16 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 08:11 AM

And the first team fortress I've ever played was a mod for quake 1. And guess what _ Rokkit launcha was a copy of quake weapon...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users