HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Miracle Patch {AKA: The Lazarus Effect}

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted August 13 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 13 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Community involvement. Communicate with the community, enough of this mystery fuzzy bunny, it's dangerous, Ascension. Provide the community with a road map, progress even if it's basic back end work, let us know what is happening. I mean ZamboniChaos, the community manager, hasn't even logged in since August 5th.................. <_<

This is worrying, however what if the guy got sick_  How would you feel then_

How would we know if he's sick, quit, or too busy with other Hawken projects_ We know nothing.

Hm... That's true too, but we can't just keep on assuming.  We have to give them at least some benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, August 13 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#22 xeroslash

xeroslash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 06:35 AM

Dream patch, eh_

MAP CHANGES
  • Revamped all maps to reduce spots where players get stuck on geometry.
  • Bazaar and Bunker now has underground areas.
  • Siege Mode is now compatible with Bazaar and Bunker.
PORTABLE SCANNER
  • You must be standing within the radius of your (or your ally's) scanner in order to see any enemies that the scanner picks up.
ANTI-CHEAT
  • VAC to be used for HAWKEN, on top of the game's existing anti-cheat.
MAYHEM SERVERS
  • Mayhem servers to be set as the default server type for public casual matches. MMR will not be factored and calculated in Mayhem servers.
  • Allow players to drop-in/drop-out at will on the Mayhem servers. If a player chooses to drop mid-game, he/she will be awarded the appropriate amount of HC based on time spent + points earned, but the game will show a pop-up of the potential amount of additional HC that could have been earned if the player chose to stay. Positive reinforcement, anyone_
  • When a match ends in a Mayhem server, allow players to vote for the next map. Drastically decrease the time it takes for mapchange after a match ends in Mayhem servers.
COMPETITIVE/CLASSIC SERVERS
  • The standard 6v6 servers will be relegated to "classic" servers that utilize the MMR  system.
  • Players do not jump in to a classic server at will. Rather, players can either queue up in a pre-made party, or queue up solo. Players will be put in a lobby and will see all of his/her teammates before a game starts.
  • Dropping out of an in-progress classic server match will result in a "matchmaking cool-down" period that will prevent the player from joining new classic matches. Cool-downs will become exponentially longer the more a player drops out, akin to CS:GO. Players will have a few minutes' grace period so that they can rejoin the same match, should they be disconnected from their game involuntarily (bad internet, etc.).
  • When a classic server match ends, the wait time will be the same as we currently have. Mapchange/modechange votes can be put in place.
  • Make MMR visible again. Perhaps segment MMR into tiers and correspond them with rankings to give the competitive crowd something to chase.

I'm sure I missed plenty of other things, but this would be a good start for me. Of course, it's a dream patch since this takes a lot of work and depending on the current state of Adhesive, it might not be practical at this point in time. Back to dreaming!
xeroslash || US East/Central
https://www.youtube.com/user/xeroslash

Posted Image

#23 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 08:58 AM

Regardless of all this doom speak, I'm eager with anticipation for this update.

#24 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 13 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Regardless of all this doom speak, I'm eager with anticipation for this update.

what update_

- lok'tar ogar -

#25 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 13 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

the mech genre doesn't exactly have much market share, or mass popularity. This hybrid mech arena shooter just further alienates that already limited player base.

quoted for relevance
Posted Image

#26 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 13 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 12 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

lolwut_
Hawken has never been a mech sim. What the heck are you on about_

You've not seen the alpha game play have you_ It's a lot more sim than shooter, and since there's no in-between, I had to call it a sim.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#27 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostIronClamp, on August 13 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 12 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

lolwut_
Hawken has never been a mech sim. What the heck are you on about_

You've not seen the alpha game play have you_ It's a lot more sim than shooter, and since there's no in-between, I had to call it a sim.
Who do you think you're talking to_
I played in the alpha.

Did you_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#28 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 13 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Hm... That's true too, but we can't just keep on assuming.  We have to give them at least some benefit of the doubt.

Can if you want, my confidence isn't as high as it once was. There isn't much ADH presence on the forums and community management, in general, is very poor.

Support tickets take months to be addressed, fewer players online, no new content in months, ignoring discussions on the forums.. list goes on. Sorta leads me to feel:

a. ADH couldn't be bothered with us. We're their wallet project..
b. ADH is planning to take all the money and run to a tropical country with no extradition agreements
c. ADH no longer exists beyond cyber-men keeping servers alive.

I like the game, but if you want to be plugged into where Hawken is going or get any warm and fuzzy it will last, not going to happen.

I'm close to the point where i've maxed all the mechs in the game. So soon i'll not have that incentive to log in and play a few matches. So it comes down to game play and content.

a. Really like the game play.. well done
b. Really getting bored of the content. they need new maps, but haven't said much about any maps in the works (screen shot would be nice).

After I spend my last bit of MC, i'm not really encouraged to buy more any time soon.

#29 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 13 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostIronClamp, on August 13 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

did you actually play any of the alpha gameplay phases_ http://youtu.be/LGx5XcFehDU there's some old crappy closed beta 1 footage I took, you can compare it to various videos of alpha-era gameplay (NOT prototype-phase gameplay like these trailers: http://youtu.be/udEAEARD-Fo - remember that nobody but the dev team actually played the game in this phase) and see that the gameplay is virtually the same. there are very few 'simulator' aspects to the game aside from your avatar being placed in a physical cockpit and walk/run acceleration
Posted Image

#30 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted August 13 2014 - 11:45 AM

ITT peoples theorizing about evil Hawken developers running away on vacation with all their monies (a gigantic sum of 3485 $, as of today).

My dream patch is that they sell the game to EA.
The community wants friend lists that never break, the ability to share our K/D stats to our friends after every game, the ability to see our friends' mechs and comment on their looks.  We want pretty leaderboards reset every week so that everyone can compete on having the prettiest mech.
We want less violence and more complex interactions so that the whole family can participate and have fun.

Devs, stop selfishly doing what you want.  Give your players, those who paid you with their hard-earned monies, what they want.  You'd be nowhere today if it wasn't for our 3485 $.

Posted Image

#31 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 13 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Another community member.

I played in the alpha.

Did you_

Sadly no, but I'd like alpha a lot better than this piece of fuzzy bunny we're stuck with now.

#32 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

#33 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 13 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 13 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Sadly no, but I'd like alpha a lot better than this piece of fuzzy bunny we're stuck with now.

how can you even know that if you've never played any other build of the game_
Posted Image

#34 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 12:42 PM

IronClamp is right.

I played in the alpha.

Did you_

I played it. IronClamp is right.

View PostBeefsweat, on August 13 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

how can you even know that if you've never played any other build of the game_

If you look up videos on You-tube you will find many Hawken Alpha videos.
If Hawken-Alpha looks like the better gaming experience than Hawken-Open Beta is now, then the desire to try the more appealing of the 2 is stimulated.

Oh wait... I was part of Alpha, Closed beta and HAB.
I have to agree...

IronClamp is right.

#35 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:29 PM

Another community member, who actually played and tested the Alpha.
Don't tell me I don't know what the Alpha was like if you haven't played it and I have.

One of us is well informed, and the other is almost completely ignorant of what it actually was like.

How could you actually know without having played both_

And if you're so sure, I suppose I'm to assume you also like 10-second repair times, Vulcans so powerful that you don't need to use a secondary weapon, constant connection issues, untextured maps, hideous performance issues, Hellfires so completely useless that you could approach a Rocketeer straight on in the open, skill trees that only appeared to give the illusion of options while really promoting cookie-cutter builds, etc. etc._

You might like the idea of whatever idealistic daydream Alpha you've got going in your head, but don't mix up make-believe with reality.

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 13 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

If you look up videos on You-tube you will find many Hawken Alpha videos.
If Hawken-Alpha looks like the better gaming experience than Hawken-Open Beta is now, then the desire to try the more appealing of the 2 is stimulated.
Because watching something is totally the same as playing it, right_
Nope. Wait. No it's not.

And it's not like a lot of those videos hide the many issues that Alpha had.
Oh... that's right. They totally do.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#36 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 13 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm rather curious of what those many issues Alpha had.  Can you say them to show everyone_ Not that I don't believe you, it's just that it'd be great so everyone would know how worse Alpha was (issue wise) compared to the current version.

#37 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 13 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

I'm rather curious of what those many issues Alpha had.  Can you say them to show everyone_ Not that I don't believe you, it's just that it'd be great so everyone would know how worse Alpha was (issue wise) compared to the current version.

the problem there is that alpha players are under an (indefinite) NDA. lots of us have kind of broken that NDA but we're still not allowed to overtly talk about the alpha experiences
Posted Image

#38 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:49 PM

Generally, everything was pretty much worse. Balance, netcode, some maps designs(if you think Bazaar/Sahara is bad now, it was worse in Alpha), tons of really bad map exploits.

I'm a fan of the higher TTK, overall high movement speeds (including shorter dodge cooldowns), old Frontline (aka Valkyrie), and perhaps a few of the old classes (Demolition, and Vulcan's being limited to C-Classes), but that's about all.

Take away the nostalgia, and Alpha was very deserving of the "alpha" title.

I might be breaking the Alpha NDA, but I hope they'll be okay with it as I'm trying to point out they've generally improved the game, even if I don't personally like all the changes they've made.

AJK is right

#39 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on August 13 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

the problem there is that alpha players are under an (indefinite) NDA. lots of us have kind of broken that NDA but we're still not allowed to overtly talk about the alpha experiences

:|  Argh!  NDAs everywhere.... Hughes can't talk anything about what's coming up because of an NDA....   Alpha players can't talk about it.... That's just infuriating.  I understand why it's there, but it blocks the chance for Alpha players to even show and explain to the guys like me about why the current version is better.  Heck maybe even silence those dudes who haven't played Alpha who want it.  Darn NDAs....

EDIT:

*looks above*

Thanks.  Wow, that's a lot of issues... o.O

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, August 13 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#40 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 04:46 PM

And if you're so sure, I suppose I'm to assume you also like 10-second repair times, Vulcans so powerful that you don't need to use a secondary weapon, constant connection issues, untextured maps, hideous performance issues, Hellfires so completely useless that you could approach a Rocketeer straight on in the open, skill trees that only appeared to give the illusion of options while really promoting cookie-cutter builds, etc. etc._

You might like the idea of whatever idealistic daydream Alpha you've got going in your head, but don't mix up make-believe with reality.

B*tchy, b*tchy. What's got your panties in a knot_

You are very much blinded by how awful Alpha apparently was, but what's to be expected, it was alpha for Christ's sake! Alpha for you was horrible, I guess that's what it's like when your the first to try out the prototype of a jet pack that was initially designed to use napalm as a propellant.

Hawken the prototype was something I had been dreaming of and wishing to someday build myself. A game that made you part of the story, not just an objective 'player' that had to reach objective X, return chemical Y and then attack enemy Z, but an actual character in something epic. That is what I've seen in the alpha Hawken, and thankfully it was from the gameplay vids and such, not the 'hell' you apparently had to endure. Hawken now is just another game. And that is a bunch of sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users