HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Miracle Patch {AKA: The Lazarus Effect}

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 13 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 13 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

You are very much blinded by how awful Alpha apparently was

a lot of people seem to be blinded by rose-colored glasses and nostalgia - in many cases nostalgia for something that they didn't even have access to or experience with other than through youtube videos and inferences made by other players
Posted Image

#42 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 13 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on August 13 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

You are very much blinded by how awful Alpha apparently was

a lot of people seem to be blinded by rose-colored glasses and nostalgia - in many cases nostalgia for something that they didn't even have access to or experience with other than through youtube videos and inferences made by other players

On the topic of blindness, what about those with tunnel vision_ YOU POSTED ONLY ONE LINE.
And those players who didn't get to play alpha certainly got dragged into Hawken by it and got a piece of fuzzy bunny rather than what had been put up on Youtube. This heralds to ADH's history of bad communication and publicity outside of gamer/gaming hubs (the only way I knew Hawken even existed was because I saw it's release announcement on the Unreal website).

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#43 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 05:37 PM

B*tchy, b*tchy. What's got your panties in a knot_
You seem to take this personally. I suggest you don't, otherwise you're going to have a Hell of a time trying to discuss things with me. Rest assured, this isn't personal for me. This is just what I do all the time. It's my default.

If you don't believe me, check the post history of my non-bugged account: https://community.pl...asianjoykiller/

You are very much blinded by how awful Alpha apparently was, but what's to be expected, it was alpha for Christ's sake! Alpha for you was horrible, I guess that's what it's like when your the first to try out the prototype of a jet pack that was initially designed to use napalm as a propellant.
Cute assumption, but no I'm not blinded. Alpha was actually some of the absolute most fun I've had in Hawken. I loved it. I'm just intelligent enough to recognize the many faults it had.

You however, and this is not an assumption given what you've admitted, are blinded by ignorance. You are literally ignorant, dictionary definition "lacking knowledge or awareness in general", of what the Alpha experience was actually like. You are making assumptions about how you would theoretically perceive what you believe the Alpha was like, based on what you've seen from an outside perspective.

Hawken the prototype was something I had been dreaming of and wishing to someday build myself. A game that made you part of the story, not just an objective 'player' that had to reach objective X, return chemical Y and then attack enemy Z, but an actual character in something epic. That is what I've seen in the alpha Hawken, and thankfully it was from the gameplay vids and such, not the 'hell' you apparently had to endure. Hawken now is just another game. And that is a bunch of sh*t.
The Alpha never blended game and story. You've been watching too many promotional videos I think. My guess is you've even been attributing pre-Alpha footage to Alpha. There is more lore in the live build than there ever was in Alpha or Closed Beta.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, August 13 2014 - 05:38 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#44 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 13 2014 - 06:49 PM

All i can say is id  love a chance to play the Hawken i first signed on for....
Open Beta or Beta.... what ever the hell it was called. To me that was  immerse game play ...not perfect but it was much more fun....
You had to manage things you had to the point it would get you killed. Sadly everyone wanted a GD arena shooter and now were stuck in this iteration of the game...How's it working now is all i can say...I was yelled at that this would be better for the GD game and now im waiting longer for games then i have at any given time in the last year.....That there has me a bit scared...actually very afraid......

It matters not what i say for what i say won't come to fruition .....But the fact that my second playlist doesn't light up ;ike it use to is a tell tale sign...something is missing in the game....The DEV's need a game plan for this game and they needed it yesterday.....I have but a bit of faith in them ...and all my hopes are riding on this next patch or fix or what ever they wish to call it. I can only hope and that is all i have to offer........

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 13 2014 - 06:59 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#45 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 13 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Sadly everyone wanted a GD arena shooter and now were stuck in this iteration of the game...
Honestly, earlier iterations of Hawken felt much more like old-school arena shooters, like Quake and UT (not 2004), than the current version does. The pacing of everything from Ascension and onwards feels much more like CoD, Battlefield and Halo, none of which I would consider real arena shooters. Hybrids at best.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#46 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 08:40 PM

wasn't that their goal the whole time AJK_ Arena Shooter.....

If it was more Arena before this current version. Then the game mechanics they had in place when i  signed up made it stand out.......

I feel more like im in a suit gear then in a cockpit...I honestly believe that the cockpit feel is what many are looking for and we no longer offer... its why i play the heavies  the most...not perfect but they feel more like a walking giant heavy mech...and yes mechs aren't real...but have you driven a semi truck_ If you did then you know exactly what i am talking about. If you haven't then you need to drive one or ride in one....That feeling of invincibility is whats missing in the game....and yes just my perspective as i feel it..and personal opinion....

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 13 2014 - 08:52 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#47 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 09:52 PM

I am not awake. Don't listen to me. If you choose to listen to me, you might as well be aware that this is my favorite multiplayer experience out of all my multiplayer experiences. You might as well also be aware that the current state is what makes that place on that list. You might also want to know I didn't play in Alpha or Closed beta or anything at all before March, but fuzzy bunny I've logged a lot of hours both in game and on the forums in that time.

Things I like that separate the game from many other games:

Complicated movement patterns.

Very good balance for so many classes and weapons. Though things like the scanner and incin could be tweaked.

High TTK, but not so high that you're just repeating movement patterns over and over until someone fuzzy bunny up every fight. In other words a TTK that promotes a variety of fighting techniques, though at the upper end, the idea of just playing until someone fuzzy bunny up becomes more apparent, and may be worth a lot of experimentation.

The repair system. Including the technician. I don't like the points, but who really cares.

Things that should be fixed are obvious, and are similar to my dog barking at a car that pulls into my driveway long after I go out to greet the person. Everyone already knows.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 13 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

#48 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 13 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 13 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

but have you driven a semi truck_ If you did then you know exactly what i am talking about.
Never a semi, but a few smaller construction vehicles. Fuuuuuuuuuun.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, August 13 2014 - 11:52 PM.

AJK is right

#49 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:55 AM

My list.

1. Remove remote-detonation splash weaponry.
2. Increase overall gameplay speed by a) further reducing dodge cooldowns, b ) increasing boost speeds, c) removing weapon raise delay (or decreasing it significantly)
3. Assuming increased movement speeds, reduce turnrate cap slightly.
4. More (and better) maps.
5. Private servers and competitive support.
6. A more regular release schedule for skins.

I'm firmly in the "if you want a slow-ass mech sim, go play MWO" camp.

Edited by Nept, August 14 2014 - 12:56 AM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#50 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 03:23 AM

If speeds are further increased, and the turn rate cap is reduced, ADH should all together remove the mechs and insert generic space marine dude bro.

#51 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted August 14 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 13 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

wasn't that their goal the whole time AJK_ Arena Shooter.....

If it was more Arena before this current version. Then the game mechanics they had in place when i  signed up made it stand out.......

I feel more like im in a suit gear then in a cockpit...I honestly believe that the cockpit feel is what many are looking for and we no longer offer... its why i play the heavies  the most...not perfect but they feel more like a walking giant heavy mech...and yes mechs aren't real...but have you driven a semi truck_ If you did then you know exactly what i am talking about. If you haven't then you need to drive one or ride in one....That feeling of invincibility is whats missing in the game....and yes just my perspective as i feel it..and personal opinion....

LOL....i drive trucks each nights.....and when i m back home late in the night....i play with my zerker just to feel lighter and faster....no more heavy and invincible*....though i have an idea what you re talking about....(fully agree on the cookpit feel)
*i ve lost the invincibility feeling since i use canyon and mountain roads...no shock coil in trucks and too much friend in wooden boxes ...
....miracles____ let me laugh....devs are not gods.... :D

Edited by UncleBlitz, August 14 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#52 Tommioo7

Tommioo7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 06:50 AM

Update and expand the Mech Mechanics videos. That should help new players stay In the game by showing them how to use/equip each mech properly Instead having to guess what whould be the best for each mech.

Also, I think the unlockable cosmetic system shold be like the weapons system:
  • Each mech has two sets of cometics at the start: default and secondary, with secondary being a full set of cometics chosen for that mech that can be purchased with HC or MC.
  • When you fully rank up a mech, you earn a thrid set of cometics for free called prestige, which are a full set of cosmetics exclusive to that mech.
Lastly, you need to be able to sell mechs if you had bought it using HC or MC for half of that mechs price.

#53 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 08:09 AM

Why do people keep asking for more speed in the game when the facts are showing...It's not working and were loosing pilots  like the Persian army lost soldiers to the Spartans...._
When are you folks going to get it that it's not working....
I don't want MWO..... if i did i wouldn't be here. What i do want is the feel of a heavy mech not an Iron man clone suit....
We had that before and it was almost perfectly felt and then they did what they did and walla...We have what we have now.... A suit feeling fast paced first person shooter that can't keep players on board long enough to make an impact......
Why do some  assume to feel like your in a mechs cockpit you need to be a simulator or for that matter that garbage MWO_
We already had that feeling without it being a simulator...March 2013 we had that feeling of Mechs and  now it all gone....Feels more like a person then a mech...
BTW i can say the same to you NEPT  if you want a faster game go take your pick....Fast paced games are a dime a dozen and all you want is to clone another like the rest.....no_

#54 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 08:58 AM

I mean the point of playing as a mech and not a tank is to have more speed/flight. That is the real difference, the only real reason someone would actually invest in mech technology for warfare, no_ Tanks are easier to maintain, have a more solid shell, lower center of gravity, easier to mount heavy weaponry on... really, a mech is about movement. I think increasing the speeds in no way takes away from the game being anything like a mech simulator.

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

BTW i can say the same to you NEPT  if you want a faster game go take your pick....Fast paced games are a dime a dozen and all you want is to clone another like the rest.....no_

Also, LDW, no. no. go away, and no.

Let's compare CoD and Hawken. Regardless of speed changes, there's still going to be high TTK, flight, focus on dodge mechanics, consistent duel wield of weapons, many well balanced classes, unlimited ammo/heat management, repair that takes you out of the battle and makes you vulnerable or forces you to kill, sacrifice an item, or dedicate a team member to healing, none of which CoD has. You seriously misunderstand the game if you think increasing the speeds is going to turn it into a clone of anything.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 14 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Posted Image

#55 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 09:40 AM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 14 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

I mean the point of playing as a mech and not a tank is to have more speed/flight. That is the real difference, the only real reason someone would actually invest in mech technology for warfare, no_ Tanks are easier to maintain, have a more solid shell, lower center of gravity, easier to mount heavy weaponry on... really, a mech is about movement. I think increasing the speeds in no way takes away from the game being anything like a mech simulator.

Let's compare CoD and Hawken. Regardless of speed changes, there's still going to be high TTK, flight, focus on dodge mechanics, consistent duel wield of weapons, many well balanced classes, unlimited ammo/heat management, repair that takes you out of the battle and makes you vulnerable or forces you to kill, sacrifice an item, or dedicate a team member to healing, none of which CoD has. You seriously misunderstand the game if you think increasing the speeds is going to turn it into a clone of anything.
Did i say COD_ no ... I said  there are dozens upon dozens of fast paced shooter games and i  am not going to just allow you guys to do this argument that it helps  any more...The game isn't better but has gotten worse...I honestly thought it would help the game to speed it up...So many of you convinced me that it would....Now we are in the future of said changes and we are now loosing pilot faster then we can bring them in....as of late my que time has increased be many folds and im not even a good player. Heck i would argue not even a fair player. Yet i can't find games fast any more_ Wheres everyone going_ Because there not playing the game....
What i fear is this game becoming a ghost town......I am actually scared that this game's speed get's an increase and alienates the already dwindling population we have. We got a speed increased and  the dodge cool down timer to less and removed most management feature to the point of dumb-ing the game and were left with a shell of what the game was..the game is suffering and you want to go the same route we already took ......you actually think that's going to give us a different result..._ I hope and pray they come out with a real game plan...This just isn't working .

#56 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostNept, on August 14 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

My list.

1. Remove remote-detonation splash weaponry.

That would really suck for Grenade Launcher. Like the pre-detonation HE Charge.

Actually that would kinda suck for TOW as well, people would just fly in the air with hitscan weapons.

Edited by Sylhiri, August 14 2014 - 10:00 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#57 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Did i say COD_ no ... I said  there are dozens upon dozens of fast paced shooter games and i  am not going to just allow you guys to do this argument that it helps  any more...The game isn't better but has gotten worse...I honestly thought it would help the game to speed it up...So many of you convinced me that it would....Now we are in the future of said changes and we are now loosing pilot faster then we can bring them in....as of late my que time has increased be many folds and im not even a good player. Heck i would argue not even a fair player. Yet i can't find games fast any more_ Wheres everyone going_ Because there not playing the game....
What i fear is this game becoming a ghost town......I am actually scared that this game's speed get's an increase and alienates the already dwindling population we have. We got a speed increased and  the dodge cool down timer to less and removed most management feature to the point of dumb-ing the game and were left with a shell of what the game was..the game is suffering and you want to go the same route we already took ......you actually think that's going to give us a different result..._ I hope and pray they come out with a real game plan...This just isn't working .
Nooo_ Then just what game would it be a clone of_
The rest of what you said is pretty much just... opinion, and a nonsense one at that. Leave the playerbase up to the devs. Stuff like attracting new players and maintaining them without turning into a Call of Duty remake is well beyond simple game mechanics, and certainly well beyond a discussion on the increase of game speeds.
Posted Image

#58 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 10:59 AM

I'm with DeadWolf here. Movement speed increased, flight was prioritized, and fuel management isn't much of a factor anymore (as much as it used to be), in general we can agree Hawkens pacing has gone up . Meanwhile, Players have left, and new players aren't sticking around very long. Economy and financial issues aside, if the gameplay is good, you'd suspect more players would stick it out through the development cycle, but that's clearly not really happening.

We can debate this until we're blue in the face, but changes were made to Hawken that clearly aren't producing the results we'd hope they have. Not sure what else to make of this, but that's just what I'm observing. I can agree to disagree, and I won't belittle anyone's opinion because at the end of the day we all want to make Hawken better.

#59 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:35 AM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 14 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

The rest of what you said is pretty much just... opinion, and a nonsense one at that. Leave the playerbase up to the devs. Stuff like attracting new players and maintaining them without turning into a Call of Duty remake is well beyond simple game mechanics, and certainly well beyond a discussion on the increase of game speeds.
seriously....you do know COD isn't the only game out there_...... :huh:

#60 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:48 AM

Your expectations for results != the devs purposes for creating the updates. Correlation != causation.

We do, it seems, want to make Hawken better. But developing a game isn't this monodimensional process that LDW seems to consistently make it out to be. Size of playerbase is not representative of game quality or even user experience, and its immediacy is not the sole purpose of updates, nor always even a particular concern in every game.
It is more than possible that they just don't need or even want a huge playerbase right now, as they may or may not have a very specific vision that they want to achieve before gaining one.

I think that vision, and it is one that I like, is a vision of a very fast paced, high TTK, complex first person shooter with the aesthetics and much of the functionality of a mech game. When they decide they have everything right, or close to it, I would not be surprised if we started to see an actual ad campaign, something that just wouldn't make sense right now. The game is great, and closer to a finished product than it's ever been, but it has issues that kill the playerbase-that unlike what LDW is stating, are not issues with the gameplay, so why focus on increasing the playerbase quickly with a few bits of nonsense that they may remove in the long run when they can focus on tweaking the mechanics and fixing some of the larger issues like voip and clan/community support_ These are things that take a long time to implement especially if the game was built on a shaky foundation (which they are currently trying to solidify).

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 14 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

seriously....you do know COD isn't the only game out there_...... :huh:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users