HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Miracle Patch {AKA: The Lazarus Effect}

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 04:34 PM

Well folks Hawken is in stagnation and the population is in a decline; citing the lowest player numbers ever.

What do you expect to be in our next patch to revive this game_

I want the must haves and deal breakers.
Don't hold back.
Let the Dev's know the demands of our dollars.
List our expectations for the next patch. We haven't got feedback from them so lets consolidate it here and give them the what's for!

Let me start with VOIP as my personal top priority.
It was perfect once upon a time. Now there's nothing to irregular VOIP at best.
This must work in the next patch. Over a year without. This it is too long.
As a critical element to communication and teamwork this must be fixed.
For many it is a dealbreaker. No VOIP = no Players.
More people would play more modes if VOIP worked.

Servers and PING

We need players back in their own zones. PING is horrendous for the majority of players.
Hawken is not only U.S.East!
DM and TDM is now the dominant group. These are casual players. Short time non invested games.
Players that are more invested in the game prefer MA or Siege. There needs to be incentive to play these modes.
Same with co-op.
I reiterate: More people would play more modes if VOIP worked!
How do the Dev's justify paying for servers people don't play on_ {rhetorical and needs no answer}

Add some of your own folks and chime in!

#2 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted August 12 2014 - 04:44 PM

Very suspicious Defter left a 'Worth The Wait' gif on that one thread.  We need moar info.  The wait is killing me.  That Siege Mech sounds like a good idea, heck.. a G2 Predator would make me wanna play again.

#3 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted August 12 2014 - 04:55 PM

G2 Pred  :DDD
it's always been wankershim

#4 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 12 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Very suspicious Defter left a 'Worth The Wait' gif on that one thread.

Would be funny as hell if he was only referring to improved server performance.

Personally I had my VOIP turned off as soon as I was able and only used something like TeamSpeak or Mumble for scrims with people I know/knew. There's gotta be a lot more to teach teamwork then some random guy yelling at another random guy. Just like text chat people are still going to ignore their team in game, lol.

Edited by Sylhiri, August 12 2014 - 05:07 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#5 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 12 2014 - 05:17 PM

more simulator-y and immersive gameplay aspects, less catering to the hardcore competitive arena shooter crowd
Posted Image

#6 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 05:22 PM

Here's what my wishlist consists of (since I didn't really give what that Miracle patch would be for me):

Servers fixed

Ping fixed

VOIP fixed

G2 Pred

Siege Tank

New Map

Siege 2.0

Fuel management comes back for dodging

Armor between classes are more balanced

Still thinking of more....

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, August 12 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#7 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 12 2014 - 06:04 PM

Posted Image

GO BAAAAACCCKKK TO THE BEGIIIINNNIIINNNG......

Seriously, go back to the glory of the alpha days.

I want Hawken the mech sim, not Hawken the piece of fuzzy bunny mainstream shooter!

Edited by IronClamp, August 12 2014 - 06:06 PM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#8 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 12 2014 - 07:02 PM

OK. Conjecture. Extrapolation. Interpretation, hearsay, assumption based on personnal opinion fortified by paranoia, hope, and or belief, unsupported by facts, data, or physical evidence, promulgated amongst a population for the purpose of creating a common cause.

The definition of Religion.
Don't let it go to your head. You have little or nothing to go on, so just Sit. "It'll be worth the wait."

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#9 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted August 12 2014 - 07:10 PM

So, dream patch_  Ok.  New B mech with heat cannon option, g2 A class that does for the scout what the g2 raider did for the brawler, at least 3 of nepacaka's designs implemented or at least his art assets used, a new map or two, community portal if we're dreamin big, competitive nonsense for the nerds, clantags for us serfs, quicker boost-shoot cooldown, fixed C class dodge distance, that on-a-roll hc incentive for sticking with multiple matches, new movement options, incin nerf, g2 raider cooldown fix, and free beer.

#10 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 12 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

I want Hawken the mech sim, not Hawken the piece of fuzzy bunny mainstream shooter!

I totally agree.

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 12 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Very suspicious Defter left a 'Worth The Wait' gif on that one thread.  We need more info

Yes we need more info; not a dead ends like "it will be worth the wait."
It hasn't been so far.
The population and game quality has been steadily declining since Ascension. That was supposed to be worth the wait too...

View PostEM1O, on August 12 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

OK. Conjecture. Extrapolation. Interpretation, hearsay, assumption based on personnal opinion fortified by paranoia, hope, and or belief, unsupported by facts, data, or physical evidence, promulgated amongst a population for the purpose of creating a common cause.

The definition of Religion.
Don't let it go to your head. You have little or nothing to go on, so just Sit. "It'll be worth the wait."

Not a religion or going to my head. It is a call to arms!
We need to fight hard to get Hawken back to the glory and fun to play FPS it was; not the decline it's currently on.

If you have proof about the games growth of active daily player base compared to pre-ascension, by all means share your facts.
If you can share of the upcoming "worth the wait" stuff, please share.
It would contribute constructively and give the players more than what we've been getting from the dev's for the last few months.
Otherwise I see the "sit and wait" argument quite invalid.

I not been impressed with the "worth the wait" belief.

I waited for the Vanguard Initiative. I was not and am still not impressed with it. And I bought a top tier as well.
I lost all faith in it when it was supposed to be a one time only mech. Then, later, the vanguard was released. I actually prefer the bunker chassis as well.
We were promised it's uniqueness was to be more than just a skin. It wasn't.

Patch after patch since the Ascension patch has eroded the game.
Steam stalled the downward spiral but it was followed by stagnation and we are still waiting for something to happen...
Ascension was supposed to be worth the wait. It wasn't.

It was a reinvention of Hawken.

All I am left to believe is the next patch is going to be another mass reinvention of the game; and another disaster of it as well.

I am not holding my breath. All I'm saying is...
IMPRESS ME.
I assure you I'm not the only one saying that.

Edited by Spliff_Craven, August 12 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#11 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 12 2014 - 10:43 PM

lolwut_
Hawken has never been a mech sim. What the heck are you on about_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#12 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 12 2014 - 10:56 PM

You do realize that one of the reasons the population goes low is do to school/college right_

Posted Image

#13 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 12 2014 - 11:03 PM

put those pink nostalgia goggles away plz

p.s. i don't wait for  anything, like Hughes said, all disappointment comes from hight expectations. If there will be no more patches and devs are  in Thailand now spending mc  millions, i ain't even mad.

Edited by Ker4u, August 13 2014 - 12:12 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#14 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 11:08 PM

Doubt a patch will be so epic that in-and-of-itself turn Hawken around and draw the masses into the game.

I personally think we are beyond the simple patch/fix releases growing the player base and popularity.

At this point im guessing that finishing the game and solid marketing and promotions are the only realistic way to turn the player bleed and disintrest trends around.

Anything that adds to thier to-do list before full release will delay game release and cause more harm then good.

Besides, arent we all a little tired of the really long pregnancy...

Food for thought regarding early access

http://www.eurogamer...ly-access-games

http://m.youtube.com...h_v=CmLz00L6CmY

Edited by BigLag, August 12 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#15 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 13 2014 - 12:54 AM

View Postcomic_sans, on August 12 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

So, dream patch_  Ok.  New B mech with heat cannon option, g2 A class that does for the scout what the g2 raider did for the brawler, at least 3 of nepacaka's designs implemented or at least his art assets used, a new map or two, community portal if we're dreamin big, competitive nonsense for the nerds, clantags for us serfs, quicker boost-shoot cooldown, fixed C class dodge distance, that on-a-roll hc incentive for sticking with multiple matches, new movement options, incin nerf, g2 raider cooldown fix, and free beer.
too much work! better delete spread from game.

actually, i still think that "Global chat" needed in hawken (i mean chat, where all people in hangar can talking in one global channel, find matches and fun, etc.)

View PostKer4u, on August 12 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

If there will be no more patches and devs are  in Thailand now spending mc  millions, i ain't even mad.
better thing what i hear today! ;D

#16 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 12:59 AM

View Postnepacaka, on August 13 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

actually, i still think that "Global chat" needed in hawken (i mean chat, where all people in hangar can talking in one global channel, find matches and fun, etc.)

Valve {Steam} has games like Red Orchestra that allow people to talk via VOIP.

The 3 Channels are:

Local {line of sight}
Team {Team only}
All {Global}

My question is: Could this be introduced to Hawken as well_

Maybe plugging in a new system for VOIP is easier to do than attempting to fix the old one.
Even if the old one can be overhauled then this "plug in" could work as a temporary soloution until the overhaul is complete.

Edited by Spliff_Craven, August 13 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#17 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted August 13 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostAregon, on August 13 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Give me a mech with double gatling guns.

Gonna guess you mean like heavyarms custom or something since assault g2 exists.

#18 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostBigLag, on August 12 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

Doubt a patch will be so epic that in-and-of-itself turn Hawken around and draw the masses into the game.

I personally think we are beyond the simple patch/fix releases growing the player base and popularity.

At this point im guessing that finishing the game and solid marketing and promotions are the only realistic way to turn the player bleed and disintrest trends around.

Anything that adds to thier to-do list before full release will delay game release and cause more harm then good.

Besides, arent we all a little tired of the really long pregnancy...

Food for thought regarding early access

http://www.eurogamer...ly-access-games

http://m.youtube.com...h_v=CmLz00L6CmY

The game is no where near ready, personally. It's a hybrid mech arena shooter that's obviously a genre gamers aren't hungry for, reference population numbers in Hawken on any given night. ADH needs to nail down what this game is to be, I feel the game should be a mech shooter first, a gritty mech FPS like it was originally intended to be, and ADH should consider dropping this arena twitch shooter bias. There's particular things that need to be held true in a mech shooter to keep the mech super fans interested, and a twitchy high speed light weight mech shooter isn't it.

Let's face it, the mech genre doesn't exactly have much market share, or mass popularity. This hybrid mech arena shooter just further alienates that already limited player base. Food for thought.

View PostAregon, on August 13 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Get rid of the G2's completely and rename the current G2 mechs.

Be more open to the community.

Fix the Incinerator.

Nerf C-classes and buff A-classes.

Add more mechs.

Give me a mech with double gatling guns.

Give me this and I am happy.

Said it before and I'll say it again, F2P is a mistake with this type of game development, my example was the Tech the last time I mentioned this.

ADH is stuck in a bind, they want to create content (mechs) to sell and to make the game more exciting. The issue is that what if a mech seems like a great idea, is created, sold (real $$$), then after some time just doesn't fit in well into the meta, perhaps it broke the game to an extent. What do you do_ Can you simply remove it_ People paid for this mech, bought skins for this mech, and maybe even spent XP boosters to level up said mech. Can all that be refunded, does ADH even have the man power for such an undertaking_ To put things into perspective, it took over 2 weeks to get my credit back after being double charged for an in game purchase.

Or you can nerf it to the point where it's never used. ADH and others can claim that the G2's are just "for fun" mechs players can use if they want, personally they're a money grab thrown at a content starved community. The Tech has it's issues, especially when most players are carrying repair orbs and obviously mevery mech has the ability to repair. I feel to an extent the Tech broke the game. BF has a medic class, but none of the other soldier classes can heal themselves. Again, something to think about.

TL;DR
Hawkens gameplay shouldn't favor angry bee arena twitch fests. Hawken doesn't have to be a mech sim, but it shouldn't be an arena shooter either, make a mech game for the mech fan, don't forget what got you your initial success and buzz.

New mechs should be released via test drives until that new mech is balanced, and guarenteed to not break the meta, community feedback vs milking the community for cash on a mech that may potentially not fit the meta.

Community involvement. Communicate with the community, enough of this mystery fuzzy bunny, it's dangerous, Ascension. Provide the community with a road map, progress even if it's basic back end work, let us know what is happening. I mean ZamboniChaos, the community manager, hasn't even logged in since August 5th.................. <_<

MAPS, MAPS, MAPS. Tweak and adjust the current maps to the current meta if this current version of Hawken is what Hawken will be going forward. Create more maps, no more recycle bin Bunker trash. Maps > Mechs at this point, we have 18 classes already, but due to some less than ideal maps, or limited number of maps, many of the mechs are under utilized.

Edited by SKamikazee, August 13 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#19 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Community involvement. Communicate with the community, enough of this mystery fuzzy bunny, it's dangerous, Ascension. Provide the community with a road map, progress even if it's basic back end work, let us know what is happening. I mean ZamboniChaos, the community manager, hasn't even logged in since August 5th.................. <_<

This is worrying, however what if the guy got sick_  How would you feel then_  However, yes, no more of this mystery stuff. It's not healthy for the game.  It's not healthy for the community.  It certainly isn't funny when the devs don't say anything for so long.  Hell, Warframe, Starbound, and Starpoint Gemini 2 devs (just to name a few) have great communication with their players.  I'd be fine with Hughes/Defter/other dev/mod who isn't sick to say something about this game that isn't vague.

#20 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 13 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

View PostSKamikazee, on August 13 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

This is worrying, however what if the guy got sick_  How would you feel then_

How would we know if he's sick, quit, or too busy with other Hawken projects_ We know nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users